ZapWizard - Automatically zaps for mall profit

It's because of a malformed entry in outfits.txt, bugreported here. I'm not in a mad hurry to fix the script error, since it will only happen when there's something wrong with mafia's data file.

For now, the problem can be avoided by:
a) turning off outfitchecking in your zlib vars.
b) changing the line in question to:
Code:
if (count(fff)>1 && is_tradeable(fff[0])==false && count(get_related(fff[0],"zap"))>0)

Last edited:

fxer

So has this not really worked since the Wok of Ages revamp in July 2015? It keeps trying to zap Inconnu into Hell Ramen but they aren't part of the same zapgroup anymore, Inconnu is lvl8 food and zaps into other lvl8s like shells a la shellfish and linguini immondizia bianco. zapwizard appears to lose it's mind saying "i don't know what happened"

Bale

Minion
This script uses get_related(i,"zap") to find zapgrounds, so let's see...

Code:
[COLOR="#808000"]> ash get_related($item[Hell Ramen],"zap")[/COLOR]

Returned: aggregate int [item]
fettucini Inconnu => 0
spaghetti with Skullheads => 0
gnocchetti di Nietzsche => 0

I just checked the wiki and it agrees with KoLmafia (for what that is worth), so if that isn't true, then both the wiki and KoLmafia need to be updated with the new information.

I just zapped hell ramen with a wand and got devil hair pasta. Zapping that turned it into spagecialetti. Oh my, zap groups do need to be updated! Has anyone spaded the new zap grounps?

fxer

Zap groups seem to be the rented donkey of the wiki, maybe nobody spades that stuff anymore? the source terminal stuff is zappable but the wiki doesn't have any zap groups listed

Hellno

Updating zap groups is not the most intuitive part of the wiki. If you can provide a list I can give it a go.

Lxndr

"do you want Zapwizard to autozap a none?"

This has been happening yesterday and today. Not sure if I broke something or if something else broke something.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
"do you want Zapwizard to autozap a none?"

This has been happening yesterday and today. Not sure if I broke something or if something else broke something.

It has been happening to me for several days. I keep thinking I should track down why...

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The attempt to zap none is a logic problem.

The failure to find anything to zap may be related so some ash array changes and I am investigating.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
OK. Tracked it down.

Kol Marketplace is not returning any volume data. Depending upon how the profit and capital parameters are set, ZapWizard will filter its recommendations on volume sold, and if it thinks nothing is selling, it recommends nothing. I have not done it yet but I suspect tweaking parameters will eventually find something to zap.

Yikes, yeah something nasty seems to have happened to coldfront's marketplace. Setting the zlib var "volumechecking" to false should allow it to work again.

in the mafia CLI:
Code:
zlib zapwizard_volumechecking = false

That'll definitely impact the trustworthiness of the results. Some further tweaking of your parameters might well be in order.

Last edited:

taltamir

I recently tried this, it spent a long long time hammering the mall. Before telling me it can't come up with anything to do.

Crowther

I recently tried this, it spent a long long time hammering the mall. Before telling me it can't come up with anything to do.
Works fine for me. Try reading the first post more carefully. Here's the result with some settings I use.
ZapWizard recommends zapping tangerine
costing 140 meat, with a predicted average zap profit ~ 358 meat.
The best result is cocktail onion costing 999
803 units have been sold in the last week.
and
ZapWizard recommends zapping gnauga hide chaps
costing 1,150 meat, with a predicted average zap profit ~ 21,615 meat.
The best result is gnauga hide whip costing 44,344
1 units have been sold in the last week.

taltamir

Works fine for me. Try reading the first post more carefully. Here's the result with some settings I use.and
I am honestly not trying to be rude here, but I really do not see how this relates to the issue I had

Last edited:

Crowther

And now ZapWizard really is broken. To fix it, change "http://kol.coldfront.net" to "https://kol.coldfront.net" on or near line 364. I see darkcodelagsniper logged on less than a month ago.