KoLmafia Praise

I believe you guys .. but i can't use it X_X

please help me.. guide me
The first thing you should do is go grab the latest daily build from the Daily Builds link at the top. Save the file to your computer - daily builds are distributed as JAR files. You'll then need to check to see if you have a new enough JRE to run KoLmafia: the relevant links can be found on KoLmafia's Sourceforge page. If you lack a new enough JRE, go download and install one. Finally, double-click the JAR file - that should run KoLmafia. If your computer instead tries to extract the JAR (and you're running Windows), you've run into a common problem, which a free program called jarfix can solve. Hope that gets you going.

Finolin

I used KoLMafia a bit when I was playing between 2005-2007 but really only in the most basic way, with some goal-based turn burning, and I thought it took a great deal of tedium out of the game, particularly in situations where it was just a clickfest until I had collected enough of something or had finally hit the right non-combat. Then I stopped playing for years and years, until six months ago.

I started playing again, initially through the browser, until it became clear I didn't remember any recipes so I downloaded a new copy of KoLMafia. Over the last few months I've started to explore the functionality more and more, and with every new thing I learn I'm increasingly impressed, in a range of different ways.

First, KoLMafia continues to remove the tedium from some part of the game that can seem tedious. Need a star key? No worries, just let it adventure for you. Hate having to recast buffs? Set a mood. Forget to summon noodles/reagents/cocktail accessories sometimes? Automate it.

Second, it lets me be a better playing by being better informed. Eating, drinking and spleen choices from recipes that I didn't even know existed are all clearly presented, which is great. Then multiply that a few times for the Modifier Maximizer, which it an amazing tool and lets me get the most out of adventures in ways I'd never be able to on my own. KoLMafia also keeps me from making stupid mistakes, from eating without milk or drinking without ode, to making sure I don't unknowingly blow through a semi-rare or adventure with something in my hands when I have Kung-fu buffs. I've actually learned quite a bit about how the game works by playing through KoLMafia, which lets me appreciate the game even more.

And finally, I've started to explore the wealth of scripts that are available for automating more complex tasks. I've only scratched the surface, and indeed I'm sure there are many, many aspects of the standard tool itself that I haven't utilized, but I'm continually amazed as how well developed everything is.

On top of all that, and something which is in many ways at least as impressive, is that KoLMafia is not only free, but actively maintained to work with the constantly moving target that is Kingdom of Loathing. Changes to the game, major and trivial, are all incorporated with very little delay through constant improvement. Bugs (not that I've found any) are quickly fixed, questions addressed rapidly across multiple forums, and new builds available without delay.

Anyway, as someone who is now a regular user of KoLMafia I just wanted to tell everyone involved in producing it that I'm hugely impressed with your work and grateful for your efforts. Also, I can't believe it's been over two years since someone posted in this thread.

Fin

I used KoLMafia a bit when I was playing between 2005-2007 but really only in the most basic way, with some goal-based turn burning, and I thought it took a great deal of tedium out of the game, particularly in situations where it was just a clickfest until I had collected enough of something or had finally hit the right non-combat. Then I stopped playing for years and years, until six months ago.

I started playing again, initially through the browser, until it became clear I didn't remember any recipes so I downloaded a new copy of KoLMafia. Over the last few months I've started to explore the functionality more and more, and with every new thing I learn I'm increasingly impressed, in a range of different ways.

First, KoLMafia continues to remove the tedium from some part of the game that can seem tedious. Need a star key? No worries, just let it adventure for you. Hate having to recast buffs? Set a mood. Forget to summon noodles/reagents/cocktail accessories sometimes? Automate it.

Second, it lets me be a better playing by being better informed. Eating, drinking and spleen choices from recipes that I didn't even know existed are all clearly presented, which is great. Then multiply that a few times for the Modifier Maximizer, which it an amazing tool and lets me get the most out of adventures in ways I'd never be able to on my own. KoLMafia also keeps me from making stupid mistakes, from eating without milk or drinking without ode, to making sure I don't unknowingly blow through a semi-rare or adventure with something in my hands when I have Kung-fu buffs. I've actually learned quite a bit about how the game works by playing through KoLMafia, which lets me appreciate the game even more.

And finally, I've started to explore the wealth of scripts that are available for automating more complex tasks. I've only scratched the surface, and indeed I'm sure there are many, many aspects of the standard tool itself that I haven't utilized, but I'm continually amazed as how well developed everything is.

On top of all that, and something which is in many ways at least as impressive, is that KoLMafia is not only free, but actively maintained to work with the constantly moving target that is Kingdom of Loathing. Changes to the game, major and trivial, are all incorporated with very little delay through constant improvement. Bugs (not that I've found any) are quickly fixed, questions addressed rapidly across multiple forums, and new builds available without delay.

Anyway, as someone who is now a regular user of KoLMafia I just wanted to tell everyone involved in producing it that I'm hugely impressed with your work and grateful for your efforts. Also, I can't believe it's been over two years since someone posted in this thread.

Fin
Welcome to the KoLmafia user community! Praise like this only reinforces why people like me use KoLmafia ;)

Lokathor

The last few times I'd picked up an hourly build they'd all been about the same speed as each other. Slow for heavy computation scripts but totally operable.

Today I grabbed the latest build and things breeze by, fully responsive UI the whole time a turn burning script is running, everything. Huge improvement. Good work guys.

Bale

Minion
That sounded like you were praising us with faint damns, but I'm curious how long ago there were revisions of KoLmafia that were so badly optimized. It certainly isn't related to anything done lately.

philmasterplus

I recently tried --CLI mode and it's surprisingly smooth and pleasant. Much praise to everyone who worked on this feature and others.