Character Info Toolbox

Bale

Minion
At the moment I'm putting it here:

cGzhx.png

(The tiny crossed sword image is a link to the Huggler Colosseum as you'd expect)

Does that seem to be the correct decision?

Erich

If it only shows when you have the option checked, then yeah, that's a good place. Otherwise, it could have it's own strip that can be tacked to the ceiling, or something like that.

Cool, I was just coming round to asking about this 8^) One way or another, thanks kindly.

Uh. Is that a good thing? Why was that a problem?

It was me being an ass, really. I was pretty irritated that my computer decided to fry out of nowhere. Ah well, that's all cleared up now :p

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
If it only shows when you have the option checked, then yeah, that's a good place.

Hmmm... I was thinking that it is always nice to have the link to Huggler there so if the stone was broken, but the display is off, then it puts a little icon in that space without any number. Was that a bad idea?

PS. I finally got around to fixing the MCD so that it won't change the main panel every time I change the mcd. Yay!

Edit: On second thought, Erich is right. There's a pvp link in the top pane, so if someone doesn't enable the option, that space should remain blank.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Updated to 0.6.6
  • Changes to stylesheet, so that's a second file to download.
  • Added PvP Fights if they are enabled in KoL Options.
  • No longer reload main panel when changing MCD.
  • When KoLmafia started updating familiar images for medium, it broke chit's display of base familiar image for scarecrow, hand and hatrack. Fixed.
  • Add equipment information for scarecrow so it properly displays like the hatrack.
  • Added non-breaking space to "Bugbear Invasion" because the line wrap was ugly.
  • Improved some mouse-over text in several places. Most significantly, during an ascension, the title for Adventures Remaining.

Last edited:

icon315

Could you add something that shows the amount of "Evil" left in the Cyrpt? Thanks for the script by the way.

Bale

Minion
Updated to 0.6.7
  • Fixed PvP Fights since KoL just broke them. I guess I added the feature a day too soon.
  • Colorized the Happy Medium's image since I was finding it annoying to watch the timing of the flashes.

KoL has just broken my last update to PvP by fixing their HTML. Obviously it is an improvement since they're no longer smooshing together the number of fights and the word hardcore, but it creates trouble for me.

I also added new images for the Happy Medium so you'll need to install more than charpane.ash. I recommend installing the entire zip file. Actually it is just three images in images/relayimages/chit and the charpane.ash.

Could you add something that shows the amount of "Evil" left in the Cyrpt? Thanks for the script by the way.

Feature already exists. It's in the quest tracker. You can add quests to chit.toolbar.layout so that it appears as an icon at the bottom of the charpane.

Last edited:

Light Ninja

Hi Bale! I have a couple feature suggestions if possible:

I have been forgetting to turn the MCD back to 10 after the boss bat even though it is right there on the left pane. Any chance you can make it so that the MCD value in the parenthesis turns red or some noticeable color when it isn't maxed out? Another suggestion I heard from a friend was to change the color of the entire bar which I quite like but am unsure if that will end up being too big of a distraction for people.

Also I really like how you could put the element chart brick on the toolbar at the very bottom! I just find that I do not need use it very much because I have those more or less memorized. Thoughts on adding other stuff in there? The initiative penalty when running ML is the one that comes to my mind. http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Initiative#How_Initiative_Works

Thanks for maintaining this script, I <3 it. So much space to see all of my buffs at once.

Bale

Minion
Any chance you can make it so that the MCD value in the parenthesis turns red or some noticeable color when it isn't maxed out? Another suggestion I heard from a friend was to change the color of the entire bar which I quite like but am unsure if that will end up being too big of a distraction for people.

I'm very interested to hear if others would appreciate this, or find it annoying to have the letters and/or bar turn red.

Thoughts on adding other stuff in there? The initiative penalty when running ML is the one that comes to my mind. http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Initiative#How_Initiative_Works

I love that idea. I've just added that to the modifiers brick, right after the Initiative bonus is listed. Are there any other modifiers that should be in that brick? Right now it looks like this:

K3hrO.png

(I'm running a cute little 32 ML minus 10 since MCD doesn't penalize, for a -2% to my initiative).

Erich

I'm very interested to hear if others would appreciate this, or find it annoying to have the letters and/or bar turn red.

I would find it kind of annoying, but I'm all for putting it as a variable that can get toggled.

Are there any other modifiers that should be in that brick?

Elemental resistance? Also, how about modified +item? Like when you're running +food.

Bale

Minion
Elemental resistance? Also, how about modified +item? Like when you're running +food.

The problem with that, is that there are roughly 1.2 gazillion types of specific item bonuses already existing in KoL: +food, +booze, +candy, +weapons, +equipment... Should I only add +food?

Winterbay

I'd find it annoying since then mine would be red most of the time since I generally have the MCD set to somethign that's not 10 (or 11). But as a toggleable I'd be fine with it.

exxyle

You could make it so that clicking on +item gives you a collapsible list of the various +food/booze/weapons/etc modifiers. Or maybe make it a tooltip if you hover over it?

Erich

The problem with that, is that there are roughly 1.2 gazillion types of specific item bonuses already existing in KoL: +food, +booze, +candy, +weapons, +equipment... Should I only add +food?

How about making the specified +item only show if it's active. For example, if you're running only +item, it'll look the same, but if you're running +booze for spookyraven, it can be like

Item Drop
Booze Drop

Bale

Minion
When I think of it that way, it doesn't seem too unmanageable. Mafia only seems to list 9 extra drop bonuses that I am aware of:
  1. Food Drop
  2. Booze Drop
  3. Hat Drop
  4. Weapon Drop
  5. Offhand Drop
  6. Shirt Drop
  7. Pants Drop
  8. Accessory Drop
  9. Candy Drop

I can check for those and only add a note for them, when mafia notes them. If there's no bonus, then there's no clutter since it is rare that more than one or two of those will be active at the same time.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Okay, I implemented that suggestion. Unless anyone has any more suggestions for improving the following screenshot I think I'm ready to release this:

WisNm.png

Note my really cool (and very hard to notice) improvement for displaying damage bonuses. You can compare to your current modifiers panel if you want to discover how much I improved it.

Last edited: