ckb

Minion
Staff member
Bale,
You added a few features to the Stat brick that seem inconsistent:
addGhostBusting
addCIQuest
addWalfordBucket

All of these are really quest related, and not character related. (The Tracker brick also tracks these, as well as the other quests from the Elemental Airport zones).
Can you add a way to turn these 3 off? Or maybe move them to another optional brick?

Thanks!

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Also, is there some way to disable the extreme meter at the slope ? Please & Thanks !

chit.kol.coolimages: Shows or hides KoL's images for Extreme Meter and Zombie Horde
Default: true

zlib chit.kol.coolimages = false

will turn off the extreme meter at the slope (and the Zombie Horde)

It's not possible to know Soul Saucery during Nuclear Autumn, so the "Sauce" meter should not be displayed.

Having not actually checked, I'm guessing this will also apply to the Rage and Momentum meters, and the Thrall brick.

Bale

Minion
Bale,
You added a few features to the Stat brick that seem inconsistent:
addGhostBusting
addCIQuest
addWalfordBucket of these are really quest related, and not character related. (The Tracker brick also tracks these, as well as the other quests from the Elemental Airport zones).
Can you add a way to turn these 3 off? Or maybe move them to another optional brick?

Thanks!

I really want those there, but I understand your rationale. I'll compromise by adding a switch that automatically turns them off if the tracker brick is enabled.

Sound like a good idea?

It's not possible to know Soul Saucery during Nuclear Autumn, so the "Sauce" meter should not be displayed.

Having not actually checked, I'm guessing this will also apply to the Rage and Momentum meters, and the Thrall brick.

Good point! Thank you for throwing that at me.

AlbinoRhino

I'll compromise by adding a switch that automatically turns them off if the tracker brick is enabled.

So ... if I don't use the tracker brick either ? Is there some obvious thing I am missing here ?

edit: Shouldn't these work like the "axel" line of the stats layout ?

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
soolar, was that caused by something you did? I know that at least one of your recent updates was related to those buttons.

I'm having a (possibly related) issue though. I only have a button to unfavorite an item if it is equipped. Otherwise there is no plus or minus button next to a favorite item.

soolar

Err, I made it only show a favorite button next to equipped items in the experimental layout, but the way I did that shouldn't have made anything change in other layouts. I'll look in to that today.

Bale

Minion
For some reason I now have the exact same problem as Boesbert. Maybe my eyes were defective earlier? Anyway, a whole bunch of buttons migrated to the top of the picker so it was obviously a problem with <td></td> tags. Now that I can see the bug I put in a little time and found the problem. It was a small refactoring issue that was overlooked and I fixed it. (picker and b are both variables that needed to be passed to add_favorite_button(), but it was assumed to always be picker so the parameter wasn't added.)

I'd like to give a huge thanks to soolar for r420! He fixed that incredibly hard to understand bug where the roof and walls sometimes overlapped or had a gap between them! Yay!!!!!!! (His fix looks like an error, but whatever works! I'm adding a comment to the code so that nobody in the distant future removes it.) Everyone give a huge hug of thanks to soolar!

Last edited:

soolar

I thought I had fixed it, but it seems to be showing up for me again sometimes... Not anywhere near as often now, though, so I'm still pretty happy!

Also yeah, thanks for finding that fix, that'll teach me to make changes without testing the other gear brick layouts first! Should have made everything take a buffer argument in the first place, but hindsight's 20/20.

Ethelred

After updating to today's mafia build (KoLmafia-17145M.jar) and the latest CHIT, I'm getting this error:
Function 'qprop( string )' undefined. This script may require a more recent version of KoLmafia and/or its supporting scripts. (chit_brickGear.ash, line 46)

Thanks for any help to fix this.

Bale

Minion
I'm guessing that you need the latest version of zlib. Just doing "svn update" should have updated that also, so I guess you don't update that way.

I personally recommend checking the box in preferences -> svn to update all scripts automatically every day.

Ethelred

Spot on. Thanks for the prompt response Bale. Something is difinitely munged with my SVN updating. I will have to examine it in more detail when I have a little more time.

soolar

I've made some pretty significant changes to how gear recommendations work over the last couple days. The end result is an extreme degree of customization options for players, and much more convenient addition of default recommendations for me! My end goal is to completely move all equipment recommendations out of code and in to a data file, which I just barely haven't finished yet. In the meantime, make sure you check out data/chit_ReadMe.Txt and data/chit_GearCategories.txt!

Also since this was such a significant overhaul to the inner workings, I haven't been able to test absolutely every possible situation of gear recommendations, just due to how many days of gameplay that would take up checking old paths and other niche situations. So please, if you see anything weird going on, let me know! I'm fairly confident that there shouldn't be any severe issues, but I can't rule it out completely.

Huge thanks to Zarqon for the recent addition of qprop to zlib, which I would have otherwise had to implement myself (in which case I probably would have left all quest related recommendations hard coded)

Lxndr

For some reason today (with r17180) whenever I open up the relay browser I get an error:

"CHIT: Error parsing start of charpane"

and also I get kicked back to the login screen. Apparently this logs me out of the kingdom, too.

This didn't happen last night. Is this happening to anyone else, or am I alone in this?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
For some reason today (with r17180) whenever I open up the relay browser I get an error:

"CHIT: Error parsing start of charpane"

and also I get kicked back to the login screen. Apparently this logs me out of the kingdom, too.

This didn't happen last night. Is this happening to anyone else, or am I alone in this?

See http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?20592-Relay-browser-not-loading . Also, this script is unlikely to ever be the cause of you being logged out.

Bale

Minion
There's been a back-end change to KoL which is causing users of KoLmafia to get kicked back to the login screen. It happens even if they're not using ChIT. The devs are working on it now and it is frequently fixed by deleting cookies in your browser. (This worked for me.)

cakeytaste

I'm suddenly unable to run CHIT this morning. The script updates and installs without issue, but when the browser opens, CLI returns "CHIT: Error Parsing Refresh" and does not run. Also, any time I change equipment or cast a skill, the error happens again.

I have a debug log if anybody wants, but am just looking for some guidance, as this script is both of the bee's knees. I've removed and reinstalled the script and am running the most recent version of mafia.

UPDATE: When I run a previous build of mafia, I do not have this issue. Running 17317 allows CHIT to refresh, while 17325 doesn't.

Last edited: