Character Info Toolbox

rlbond86

No, but I found the problem -- you have to set mana to auto-recover. That's actually kind of annoying, that you can't restore MP in the relay browser unless auto restore is on.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
No, but I found the problem -- you have to set mana to auto-recover.
No you don't.

Code:
		float current1 = KoLCharacter.getCurrentHP();
		float maximum1 = KoLCharacter.getMaximumHP();
		//float target1 = Preferences.getFloat( "hpAutoRecoveryTarget" );
		//float threshold1 = maximum1; // * target1
		float dangerous1 = maximum1 * Preferences.getFloat( "hpAutoRecovery" );

float current2 = KoLCharacter.getCurrentMP();
		float maximum2 = KoLCharacter.getMaximumMP();
		//target2 = Preferences.getFloat( "mpAutoRecoveryTarget" );
		//threshold2 = maximum2; // * target2
		float dangerous2 = maximum2 * Preferences.getFloat( "mpAutoRecovery" );

// replace maximum with threshold if above code is changed
		CharPaneDecorator.addRestoreLinks( buffer,
						   "HP", current1, maximum1, dangerous1,
						   "MP", current2, maximum2, dangerous2 );
... it will offer you recovery links any time your hp or mp is less than full.

Now, the commented out code chooses a threshold below which to offer the recovery links. So, since I am running with "Do not auto-recover mana" and "Try to recover up to 50% mana", if we were using the "target" method, it would only give me an mp recovery link if I was had less than 50% mana. But, that's not what the active code says to do, and that's not what happens; I always get a link if my hp or mp are less than full.

Note that the "recovery target" - the "Try to recover up to 50% mana" - determines how much mana is recovered if you hit the link; "restore mp" will only recover up to 50%, unless it is already above it, in which case it will use a single recovery item and stop.

In other words, the code (and, unsurprisingly, my personal experience, which matches the code) does not support your assertion that "you have to set mana to auto-recover".

That's actually kind of annoying, that you can't restore MP in the relay browser unless auto restore is on.
I am so sorry that this is such an annoying program. What can we possibly do to make you feel better?

Bale

Minion
rlbond's "problem" results from my own strange work-around for the previous bug. (It was strange because of my own misconceptions about how it should work.) I'm reverting my work-around now that KoLmafia works as expected and I think that everyone will be happy.

svn update mafiachit

Trying to "search" through the 113 pages in this thread didn't get me any easy answers, so maybe just asking my question is a better idea.

Is there some way to edit which semi-rares the charpane suggests once my SR counter hits zero?

Bale

Minion
There is no easy answer, but if you have some familiarity with editing script, you can edit the rewards in lines 519-530 and ensure that your changes will persist through future updates by following these instructions.

Lxndr

now that KoL is up again:

Division by zero (charpane.ash, line 2269)

Bale

Minion
That can be caused by logging into KoL during the middle of a fight, but once the fight it over it will be okay.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It was a mafia bug causing mafia to not recognize fury (so my_maxfury() returned 0) even when CHIT saw the fury indicator on the page.

rlbond86

I'm having an issue with the effects brick: it's not showing the red up arrow to re-up my effects. I can still click on where the arrow should be, and it works.

Untitled.png

Bale

Minion
Have you tried clearing your browser's cache? if that doesn't help, check /images/relayimages/chit/redup.png and let us know if that is blank.

Bale

Minion
Since I was donated a reanimated reanimator, I've improved and added additional support. Now it displays your current swarm. I am not sure though, if it is too cluttered.

I would appreciate if other users of the reanimated reanimator could update and tell me if they like the current display.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
My first thought was that I wouldn't want space taken up by parts I'm not using, since I will probably only use the familiar for 1 turn per day. Since I pulled it out with no parts and don't see anything different, I'm guessing it already works that way now.

Bale

Minion
Yup. Just as you say. It doesn't bother to show a part if the number is zero. If you only collected skulls and legs then it would only show skulls and legs.

Bale

Minion
I oughta make up a FAQ for these issues.

Future FAQ said:
Q. ChIT doesn't work at all! I copy/pasted the svn checkout command in the first post into KoLmafia CLI and pressed enter and then clicked "Yes" at the pop-up box to install it. Despite that it does absolutely nothing!

A. I suspect that you have installed bUMRATS relay override. Even if you delete the files, bUMRATS is still affecting your system until you remove a KoLmafia setting. Into your CLI copy/paste: set masterRelayOverride =

Q. Some images don't appear in my browser, even though I can click the spots where they should be and everything works.

A. Clear your browser cache.

Those are the only ones I can think of at the moment. Can anyone else remind me of another common concern?

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Something about wanting to make a change that stays through updating would help, since this script has a lot of room for small individualized changes.