Character Info Toolbox

loutini

I am just now using ChIT for the first time, I like it. May have found a minor bug. I have moods with names "+combat" and "-combat" when I select -combat in the Select New Mood pop-up pane it works just fine. When I select +combat it does not work. Looking at the CLI I see that ChIT has entered ">mood combat" so it looks like it dropped the plus sign as the first character.

xKiv

I have moods with names "+combat"

Don't do that. The "+" character has special meaning in mood names. This is a mafia feature that enables you to combine existing moods into a new one (and then add lines to the aggregate mood).

Cool12309

A weird error, chit is trying to read adventureimages/adventureimages/jarlcomp1.gif instead of just adventureimages/jarlcomp1.gif. r12876 mafia r71 chit.

Bale

Minion
If that is true, then something has probably changed in the charpane. Sometimes Jick does change things. Please disable chit and copy/paste the source code here so I can figure out what.

You can disable chit with the CLI command: zlib chit.disable = true

I added that just to make it easier to check the original html source. After doing that there will be a link at the bottom of the page you can click to re-enable chit.

VinnyB

I was griping today in /hc about wanting to be able to color-code my familiars by basic volley/fairy/starfish/whatever functionality, and someone (brilliantly!) suggested that I just colorize mafia's cached versions of the pics.

Then I noticed that CHIT appears to be loading the familiar pics from the 'net, rather than the cache. Is this intentional? (Am I wrong?)

Bale

Minion
Then I noticed that CHIT appears to be loading the familiar pics from the 'net, rather than the cache. (Am I wrong?)

Yes and no. It is how mafia works. Colorizing mafia's cached versions of the pictures will work as you desire. Try it with one picture and you'll see. Then you can do the rest.

Let me know how the project works out and please show me the colorized images. I'm curious.

VinnyB

Well, I colored the BBB and groose pics, restarted mafia, and...nothing, in both the side pane and main window:colorfail.png

KoLmafia\images\itemimages is the cache we're talking about, right?

Bale

Minion
Yup, \images\itemimages\babybugbug.gif is the right place. Try clearing your browser cache. Let me know if that works.

VinnyB

Well, that did work w.r.t. the central pane (looking at my terrarium), but CHIT's fam pics are still unchanged

edit: Er, well... the pics in the right-click popup box are unchanged. If it's my active familiar, though, it's colored: halfwaythere.png

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Hrm. I'm not entirely sure if that is a mafia bug or a script bug. I'll fix it your way for now since ChIT was inconsistent and ask Veracity and other devs if it is operating that way by design. If they change mafia, then I'll flip the other way. Let me know how it goes.

svn update mafiachit

Edit: Discussion thread opened HERE.

Last edited:
Would it be possible next the the effect "Just the best ananpets" to have a down arrow instead which when clicked would shrug off the effect?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
In the standard KoLmafia decorated charpane, the parenthesized turns remaining of an effect is underlined. That is a link to uneffect or shrug the effect in the appropriate way. Click on that link for Just the Best Anapests and it is shrugged off.

I don't use CHIT, but I can't imagine that that KoLmafia feature would have been removed by it.

death star

The sidepanel doesn't show any plants in the mispelled cemetary(post crypt), even when those have been planted (even through chit itself).

It seems to be the only zone, so my guess would be it is due to having 2 different zones insisting on the same name.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The sidepanel doesn't show any plants in the mispelled cemetary(post crypt), even when those have been planted (even through chit itself).

It seems to be the only zone, so my guess would be it is due to having 2 different zones insisting on the same name.

That is a KoL issue. You could claim that it's a mafia issue maybe, but there's nothing for this script to do about it.

Changing "worm-riding manual page 1" to "worm-riding manual pages 3-15" would get rid of this message (charpane.ash, line 3715)
The string "Desert (Ultrahydrated)" no longer matches a location name; use "the arid, extra-dry desert" instead
Changing "Desert (Ultrahydrated)" to "The Arid\, Extra-Dry Desert" would get rid of this message (charpane.ash, line 4103)
Changing "worm-riding manual page 1" to "worm-riding manual pages 3-15" would get rid of this message (charpane.ash, line 3715)
The string "Desert (Ultrahydrated)" no longer matches a location name; use "the arid, extra-dry desert" instead
Changing "Desert (Ultrahydrated)" to "The Arid\, Extra-Dry Desert" would get rid of this message (charpane.ash, line 4103)

Bale

Minion
Now that we have only 1 expression slot and 6 different skills to fill it with I was thinking that anyone who likes their AT songs displayed separately will also want their expression in a prominent position so that they can decide if they want to change it. I just rolled out a small change so that your expression will be the first buff listed.

Does anyone choose to not separate their songs from the rest of their buffs?