Page 205 of 208 FirstFirst ... 105 155 195 203 204 205 206 207 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 2075

Thread: Character Info Toolbox

The link in the plains is place.php?whichplace=rabbithole
    Originally Posted by Erich View Post
    r583

You're welcome !

Developer

In G-Lover, the equipment brick only allows changing to items with G's in them, but there are other things (Protonic Pack) that you might want to use anyway !

This is a great script. Makes playing a lot more enjoyable and smoother.

Although I have noticed it tends to crash, or make ezandora's guide crash, or make the main game crash. Quite often too. thankfully its easy to reload those things.

--------

Is there are particular reason it uses its own method for outfit switching instead of calling the built in one?
    I noticed that if I am missing an outfit item it will abort instead of doing a partial switch like KOL built in method.
    Also, when modifying an outfit this script sometimes doesn't notice for a while, so it will switch you to the old version of the outfit instead.
    Also, since it switches one item at a time using its own method instead of calling the saved outfit, it takes longer and involves more server hits.

--------

There is an interesting interaction issue between gameinform dungeons and florist friar, it mistakingly thinks each gameinform is a different one due to it having a different name. But as far as the planter is concerned they are the same location. This script then finds no plants there, showing me plants available and then failing when I try to use one.

I am not sure if it is completely random or if each dungeon type repeats the same zone names in the "last" adventure location. But here is the info I collected thus far.
    In case it is needed, here is some collected info:
    Apparent names for the zone [DungeonFAQ - Level 1]:
    morass district
    Dustyriven Canyon
    Shark Shred Alley

Apparent names for the zone [DungeonFAQ - Level 2]:
    Thistlechar Ruins
    Thorny Cavern
    Meltrib Barrow

Apparent names for the zone [DungeonFAQ - Level 3]:
    Auburn Caves
    Alpine Stronghold
    Shatterforest
    Last edited by taltamir; 08-15-2018 at 10:30 AM.

Is there are particular reason it uses its own method for outfit switching instead of calling the built in one?
    I noticed that if I am missing an outfit item it will abort instead of doing a partial switch like KOL built in method.
    Also, when modifying an outfit this script sometimes doesn't notice for a while, so it will switch you to the old version of the outfit instead.
    Also, since it switches one item at a time using its own method instead of calling the saved outfit, it takes longer and involves more server hits.
    Originally Posted by taltamir View Post
    It sounds like you are critiquing KoLmafia's outfit switching, which doesn't have anything to do with this script.

There is an interesting interaction issue between gameinform dungeons and florist friar
    All based on KoL having a placeholder name with brackets for the locations, and me not wanting to match those in mafia. So again, nothing this script can reasonably handle.

Incidentally, I feel like there are a lot more crashes in aftercore. This makes me suspect it might be related to some out of season IOTMs. In particular I get the feeling it might be florist friar

It sounds like you are critiquing KoLmafia's outfit switching, which doesn't have anything to do with this script.
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    Sorry, when I said "is there a reason it is doing" I was not being sarcastic nor trying to be disparaging. I was actually curious why it was doing that, like maybe there is a good reason to not call on the functionality of base kol outfit switching that I am just not familiar with.

So now I know the answer, the reason why the script is doing it is because its how mafia is doing it.

All based on KoL having a placeholder name with brackets for the locations, and me not wanting to match those in mafia. So again, nothing this script can reasonably handle.
    if it is a known issue that is too difficult to handle then no problem, just trying to help.

Would me making a list of names of various dungeons be helpful or are the location names randomly generated?
    Last edited by taltamir; 08-15-2018 at 05:33 PM.

You misunderstood the florist friar issue. KoL uses [DungeonFAQ - Level 1], mafia uses Dungeon: Video Game Level 1. Those aren't identical. The other stuff you posted is never used by anything.

You misunderstood the florist friar issue. KoL uses [DungeonFAQ - Level 1], mafia uses Dungeon: Video Game Level 1. Those aren't identical. The other stuff you posted is never used by anything.
    So if mafia used [DungeonFAQ - Level 1] instead of what it currently does, the issue would be solved?

Inscrutable Gaze is showing up in the regular buffs area when cast rather than the Facial Expression section.

It is definitely a facial expression as it's removed by Patient Smile/Wry Smile/Knowing Smile/Disco Leer/Stiff Upper Lip (tested it yesterday after 4 days of zapping skillbooks to finally get it).

Developer

That's a Mafia thing, fixed in r18763

That's a Mafia thing, fixed in r18763
    Originally Posted by Darzil View Post
    Thanks and apologies for wrongly assuming ChIT was at fault.