Daily Deeds support

Bale

Minion
That is a little amusing. hola was taking a break from KoL at the time Jason added the feature. Gosh that was a while ago. He's been back and away and back and away and back since then.

Guess it just took hola a while to get curious about it. I will admit it is one of the least easy to find features in the program and after everything rioppi did to improve, it probably deserves its own panel.

roippi

Developer
Some more ponderings:

Recently was asked how a user would implement a custom Item deed for an item that's not tracked by mafia. Specifically, there's no place to put the "; inc <preference>" part in the command line, since the deed parser will complain that you didn't feed it a valid item. My initial response was that, oops, I guess you can't do that with item deeds. I could make parsing stop after the semicolon, but that feels hackish.

I'm considering relenting on the "users must make the preference increment themselves" policy for Item deeds (and Item deeds alone). We can:

- detect if the preference specified in the deed is a blank string
- if not, don't do anything to the preference. Internal mafia handling will cover it.
- if yes, treat it like an integer preference and increment it when we "use" the deed.

Incrementing the preference in this case seems categorically better than doing nothing.

I won't consider doing this for command deeds, since I can think of multiple scenarios I wouldn't want this behavior for. I'd.. consider it for skill deeds, but I think that built-in coverage of limited cast skills should be very good already. Correct me if I'm wrong.

slyz

Developer
Something like post #112 doesn't sound too hard to implement, I guess most of the framework is already there.

Sorry to simply point to an old post without offering more help - I'm still getting used to a non-academic job, apartment hunting and spading child-raising.

roippi

Developer
Huh, I actually completely missed the content of that post when I read it the first time.

I'd consider adding a Simple type deed. That eliminates the weirdness of special handling for Item deeds, which you almost certainly wouldn't know about unless you read this thread.

roippi

Developer
Moar changes:

r10605: provide GUI for simple deeds

r10615: Daily Deeds grows up and gets its very own frame (that it already had anyway, shh)

r10617: You can specify other stuff to do in the command part of an Item deed after a semicolon.

I'm pretty much out of features to add to daily deeds, I think. If anyone has any ideas for interesting new built-in deeds vis. the new Hatter deed, post em here.

Last edited:

roippi

Developer
From Erich on the GD thread:

I want to add a custom daily deed for the rumpus room jukebox. I don't think there is native support for it, so what do I add as the url for each choice?

Right, so as Erich points out, there's no "jukebox" CLI command (yet). So this needs to be done via visit_url. Since the jukebox is a 4-option thing, it makes sense to do this as a combo deed:

$CUSTOM|Combo|Jukebox buffs|_custom1|$ITEM|Jukebox option 1|false|call jukebox.ash 1|$ITEM|Jukebox option 2|false|call jukebox.ash 2|$ITEM|Jukebox option 3|false|call jukebox.ash 3|$ITEM|Jukebox option 4|false|call jukebox.ash 4

..naming the options appropriately. jukebox.ash should be a simple ash script (which I've not provided) that is a visit_url() call to the appropriate choice, maybe some print() commands to make things pretty, and finally should set the preference _custom1=true when done. Perhaps someone else could help out with that, I'm not the greatest ash programmer.

Also, how do I add a text line in my daily deeds that returns the cli command "garden", so I can see what's in my garden?

So this one's a little trickier. Text deeds can dynamically display preference data, but I don't think garden data is kept in a preference. You could maybe run a login script that would do a get_campground(), pull out the crop, and put it in a preference? That could work, but there's no guarantee that that data would be kept up-to-date once you harvested your garden. Hmm, I need to think about this one some more.

I'll save some wiki time and contribute

option 1: Material Orc :: +10% Meat from Monsters
option 2 : It's Okay, Don't Stress Out :: +3 Stats Per Fight
option 3 : Boom Boom Boom Boomboom Boom :: +10% Item Drops from Monsters
option 4 : Awrrashalla Hummboodaba :: + 20% Combat Initiative

sorry I can't contribute more

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 10792 adds a property and a command:

_jukebox - true if you've (tried to) visit the jukebox. Note that it being false doesn't mean that you can still get a song; if you've already visited clan furniture in that corner of the Rumpus Room, the Jukebox is not available in any clan that day.

jukebox meat
jukebox stats
jukebox item
jukebox initiative

(or "jukebox 1" (the number of the option) or "jukebox Material Witness" (the name of the effect you get) will work too.)
(I considered making "pop", "(something)", "techno", and "metal" work, too, but as you can tell, couldn't figure out how to differentiate Madonna from Bobby McFerrin. :))

roippi

Developer
Cool. Thanks, veracity.

Jukebox custom deed is now:

$CUSTOM|Combo|Jukebox buffs|_jukebox|$ITEM|Meat|false|jukebox 1|$ITEM|Stats|false|jukebox 2|$ITEM|Item|false|jukebox 3|$ITEM|Initiative|false|jukebox 4

magered

Mom Sea Monkee support?

Trying to write a custom Daily Deed for Mom Sea Monkee buffs. My string looks like this (saved in GLOBAL_prefs.txt at the end of the dailyDeedsOptions string):

$CUSTOM|Combo|Mom buffs|_monkeycastle4|$ITEM|+7 Hot Resistance|false|mombuff1|$ITEM|+7 Cold Resistance|false|mombuff2|$ITEM|+7 Stench Resistance|false|mombuff3|$ITEM|+7 Spooky Resistance|false|mombuff4|$ITEM|+7 Sleaze Resistance|false|mombuff5|$ITEM|+20% Crit/Spell Crit|false|mombuff6|$ITEM|+200 Stats|false|mombuff7

The drop down menu appears in my daily deeds, but when I go to use it an error is returned: Unable to invoke mombuff# (# = the buff I tried to use)

Mom is found in the monkycastle.php and mombuff# is the correct name for each buff, according to frame source. monkeycastle4 would be Mom's position and I've tried a few variations of _monkeycastle4 (_mom, _monkeycastle, _monkeycastle5, _monkeycastle.php).

I did ensure that my character is wearing the appropriate gear to access the Sea content (in this case Outfit: Mer-kin Gladiatorial Gear) and I can access her manually (though I did not select a buff, but not a problem with same outfit in past days conducting a manual selection), and Mom is available.

Any help would be appreciated.

roippi

Developer
Are you under the impression that you can tell mafia to do "mombuff1" and it should know what to do with it? That is the command field of the combo deed, you are literally telling it to type "mombuff1" into the gCLI and execute it.

magered

Are you under the impression that you can tell mafia to do "mombuff1" and it should know what to do with it? That is the command field of the combo deed, you are literally telling it to type "mombuff1" into the gCLI and execute it.

Apparently I am. I am making mistakes due to a lack of understanding, my apologies. Is there a way to execute this in gCLI? Should I have the command different, or is this where I need to make a separate .ash function call (and write an ash script to support)?

I did not understand that the daily deeds where done through the CLI. Having now looked through the CLI scripting manual, I am not seeing a way to get to where I want to go. I am guessing I will need try a .ash script to pair with the daily deed.

Last edited: