Bug - Fixed KoLmafia Relay Browser equipment changes aren't picked up by KoLmafia interface

The title says it all... I'm in Beecore, in case it matters.

If I take something off or replace one equipment item with another, KoLmafia's Equipment Manager still thinks I'm in the old state.

I tested this on a multi NOT in Beecore, too. Same issue. I'm on r9350, Mac OS X 10.6.7, Firefox 4.0.1 is my web browser.

All slots seem to be affected... I've tried hats, pants, accessories, and outfits, including clicking [outfit] links in the relay browser - such as the link I got upon acquiring the last piece of my Arrrbor Day Apparrrrel.

Raijinili

I was also experiencing this yesterday, but put it up to lag (possibly client-side lag).

It would not refresh my equipment (through relay clicking, relay /outfit, and relay /equip) unless I forced it to realize each slot by equipping what was already there (and now that I think about it, I'm not sure if that fixed those slots after all). Telling it to "outfit" what I had on wouldn't get it to recognize that the equipment changed. I tried clicking Refresh (button), and the Refresh Session option in the menu (I don't know the specifics of those).

Finally, I just reset Mafia.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
In hindsight I got that too (9346). Clicked on the equip link in the relay browser for the Arrrbor day offhand item, but the graphical client thought I was still using Hobo Code Binder. Got worried that I'd mucked up my Arrrbor adventures, but it had worked fine, just Mafia didn't notice the change.

Raijinili

My first adventure that day was to get the Arrrbor Day outfit piece from last time, and then equip it, if that matters.

stannius

I have also been experiencing this. I am not sure if it's due to the relay browser, but I have not infrequently gotten errors about not having equipment when using the modifier maximizer, even when the gear changer shows me having that item equipped.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I spent about 30 minutes trying this. No failures. Give me a reproducible test case. Tell me your "Inventory" options (images, individual accessory slots, whatever). If I can reproduce it reliably, I can fix it.

Until then, oh well!

Cait

I'm also experiencing this since I updated from rev 9330 to rev 9351. Changing equipment using the relay browser in any form does not send changes back to Mafia; Going back to 9330 and performing the same action does cause Mafia to update my equipment as expected. My inventory options are:
* Show Inventory Images
* Show 1h/2h Readout for Weapons
* Show Individual Accessory Slot Equip Links
* Sort Equipment By Power Instead of Name By Default
* Confirm Discarding
* Unequip Familiar Equipment when Unequipping All Equipment
* Scroll the Inventory Page when Clicking
* Turn On Eat/Drink Multiple
* Turn On Three Column Inventory

Cait

I was including [outfit] and [equip] links from combat-dropped items in the 'in any form', as well as using the Inventory screen itself.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I continue to be unable to reproduce this when equipping individual items, but when I changed into an outfit - a built-in one, as it turns out - the Gear Changer did not pick up the change.

Investigating.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'm also experiencing this since I updated from rev 9330 to rev 9351. Changing equipment using the relay browser in any form does not send changes back to Mafia; Going back to 9330 and performing the same action does cause Mafia to update my equipment as expected.
Nothing has changed in equipment parsing between 9330 and 9351. However, I have found a change I made in 9301 which probably broke this.

When you change an outfit without ajax, KoL redirects you to inventory.php?action=message&which=2. Used to be, the "which=2" made us send that to parse the equipment change. Without "which=2", the "action=message" made us parse the usage message.

The problem is, inserting El Vibrato cards gives the same redirect, but it's a usage message, not an equipment change.

Experimenting...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
OK, Revision 9353 reverts the equipment parsing, but also looks for usage messages. That should be a no-op unless the redirect actually came from item usage. I can't check whether El Vibrato helmet parsing still works, at the moment. I'll break the prism tomorrow and will test.