Bug Intermittent issue with Relay Adventuring

slyz

Developer
Ha. So something was fixed with that commit?

r9342 only has to do with KoLMafia.hadPendingState, which is only used by some ASH functions to decide their return value. I really don't understand how it could affect this issue.

Theraze

It might be that that one of the multiple commands running was waiting for a specific result, and the reset means that it stops waiting...

NardoLoopa

Happened to me in 9346 just now. Right after noodling someone in combat. gCLI shows the noodle. Relay just hangs. Can't open another tab against the relay to any benefit.

Darzil

Developer
Happened to me in 9346 just now. Right after noodling someone in combat. gCLI shows the noodle. Relay just hangs. Can't open another tab against the relay to any benefit.

That sounds different to being able to visit anywhere other than adventuring in the relay browser and being able to adventure in the graphical cli to me.

NardoLoopa

You may be right.

The issue I'm having, where the relay hangs intermittently, occurs almost exclusively when interacting with the fight page or having just interacted with the fight page (after the end of a combat); the gCLI in mafia has always parsed the page. I get about 10mins of playing, then need to reboot mafia. This is on Windows XP, FF4, Java 1.6.0_21. My connection is a bit laggy, but nothing compared to a dialup or anything.

I also use the same build from another location where I'm running Debian (Squeeze) Linux, FF4 and an 1.6.0_24. There I never have this problem. The connection is not as laggy either.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Have you tried clicking somewhere outside the main pane? That always loads for me, and then I can continue adventuring.

Darzil

Developer
Bah, looks like it wasn't fixed, still getting it in 9350.

Graphical CLI shows :
Code:
Casting Jabañero Saucesphere 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Jabañero Saucesphere (duration: 10 Adventures)
Jabañero Saucesphere was successfully cast.
Casting Springy Fusilli 1 times...

> restore hp

Casting Cannelloni Cocoon 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Springy Fusilli (duration: 10 Adventures)
Springy Fusilli was successfully cast.
You gain 884 hit points
Cannelloni Cocoon was successfully cast.

Clicking on an adventure location in the relay browser then gives "Waiting for 127.0.0.1...." in the status bar of the browser (Firefox in this case). Clicking on a non adventure location works normally.

After it happened, started debug logging to see if anything was evident. Clicking on an adventure location produced an empty log, however.

Last edited:

Theraze

Relay fights not loading properly

Sometime in the last few days, possibly since RelayRequest was refactored in 9652 or 9662, I've infrequently started to have relay pages no longer load when a fight aborts automation. The combat text looks something like this:
[3681] Barrrney's Barrr
Encounter: buzzerker
Round 0: Theraze wins initiative!
You lose 31 hit points
Profit per round: ActionProfitDamageOtherbase; Syncopated Turtle (0μ)0μ--
Monster: Buzzerker, ATT: 162, DEF: 229, HP: 172, Value: 556.88
You will die in 14 rounds.
Your attack will kill the monster in 55 rounds.
SpamAttack: Monster HP is 172.0.
SpamAttack: Unable to figure out a combat strategy using 3 max rounds. Max length increased
SpamAttack: Unable to figure out a combat strategy using 4 max rounds. Max length increased
SpamAttack: Unable to figure out a combat strategy using 5 max rounds. Max length increased
SpamAttack: Unable to figure out a combat strategy using 6 max rounds. Max length increased
SpamAttack: Unable to figure out a combat strategy using 7 max rounds. Max length increased
SpamAttack: Unable to figure out a combat strategy using 8 max rounds. Max length increased
SpamAttack: Unable to figure out a combat strategy using 9 max rounds. Max length increased
Macro called on empty queue!
SpamAttack: We would die in 14 and have 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 as our options
SpamAttack: Unable to figure out a combat strategy, please fight the battle yourself
You're on your own, partner.
Click here to continue in the relay browser.
When I click to go to the relay browser, as directed, I get the top menu, charsheet on the left, the gCLI/chat panel on the right... and a big expanse of white. I've attacked a debug log for what happens when, in that white, I click on the 'town' button. It's clearly trying to redirect to fight.php in that message, as such:
Field: Location = [fight.php]
but I never see it come up. I've moved the entire contents of my relay folder out of mafia and refreshing the browser window doesn't solve the problem. The only fix I've found has been restarting mafia completely, in which case I log into the fight without knowing how much health the monster has (inconvenient when it happens on a boss fight), lose all my buttons for skills, and generally hope not to lose.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20110727.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 39

Winterbay

I've had this happen a few times as well and sometimes after quitting Mafia and logging back in I get no problems at all (directed to main.php) and sometimes I get sent into the fight. No idea when one or the other is going to happen.

Theraze

Nope, no charpane.ash override, and I removed the whole contents of the relay folder to test if that helped, as I said above. If I did have that override, I'd have posted it in that thread... ;)

Thought... any chance mafia is reacting badly to whatever "empty queue" macro is being called and getting stuck?

roippi

Developer
I've gotten this too, though only a couple of times (I guess because my CCS usually handles fights to completion).

I wish I had a firmer grip on this whole charpanerequest/relayrequest problem, because it's really a bummer that we've taken a couple steps back in terms of stability lately.

Winterbay

Nope, no charpane.ash override, and I removed the whole contents of the relay folder to test if that helped, as I said above. If I did have that override, I'd have posted it in that thread... ;)

Thought... any chance mafia is reacting badly to whatever "empty queue" macro is being called and getting stuck?

You could try to capture this error. macro() returns false if you call an empty queue. I have one such catch set up as
Code:
enqueue(get_action("attack"), "");
result = macro();
if(result == "")
	vprint("SpamAttack: Empty macro generated. Please check, aborting.", 0);
return result;

I've not gotten this since so cannot tell if it helps in any way...

Theraze

Believe the macro it's sending is just:
Code:
		page = macro("abort \"Unable to figure out a combat strategy\"", "");

Bale

Minion
I've had this happen to me also. I haven't figured out a definite cause for it. I do not use a charpane override.

I've then have to use automation to finish the fight.

Once the problem appears I am unable to fight in the relay browser at all, for any fight except for clicking the button to have mafia run automatic combat. Strangely the automation button does still work. This persists until I restart KoLmafia.

Darzil

Developer
Once the problem appears I am unable to fight in the relay browser at all, for any fight except for clicking the button to have mafia run automatic combat. Strangely the automation button does still work. This persists until I restart KoLmafia.

Not 100% certain it's the same issue, but when I get unable to fight in relay browser but automation still works, neither moods nor HP/MP restores fire, so depending where you are adventuring, automation can be deadly. Again, need to restart Kolmafia. Have been looking for a cause for months, but not sure how to tell what status mafia is in when this occurs.

Theraze

Ah... could also be 9640, where fight redirection was changed, or... not really seeing much else besides those that talk about changing the way the relay browser works.

Ethelred

I'm seeing this problem as well. At some point, which I can't connect to any specific event or action, trying to adventure in the relay browser will just show the "waiting for page" message in the lower corner of FF (currently running 3.6.13), but nothing ever happens. I can go to a new container page (plains, forest, the Knob, etc.) ok, but when I choose an actual adventure location, it just enters the wait state. I can still adventure in any of those areas by selecting them in the mafia Main Interface adventure selector and auto-adventuring for 1 (or more) turn. A logout and log back in is the only way I've found to fix it and sometimes it takes more than one. My aftercore farming script runs just fine on another char. Only see the problem with the relay browser.

Mafia version: 9678 atm, but have had the problem for a few days. Will upgrade to a new version soon.