Bug Intermittent issue with Relay Adventuring

Tom Sawyer

Ok I am using the latest build as of 1 hour ago and so far have seen ZERO relay lock outs or the such. However I did get the strangest message as I used the rock band flyer against the Protector Spector. I am running +60 ML and on the fisting path

In firefox I saw this: You slap a flyer up on your opponent. It enrages him.
You have completed 0.00% of the necessary advertising.

Checking the CLI I then saw this Round 2: Tom Sawyer plays Garin's Harp and uses the rock band flyers. Followed by Unexpected error: debug log printed.

I am attaching that log if it will help the devs.

With all the changes just trying to help, cheers!

Attachments

• DEBUG_20110819.txt
    2 KB · Views: 33

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I wonder if the following line on the daily builds means that this may be fixed?

You should have kept reading since r9716 effectively reverted the change. That said, a lot of the problems with the relay browser seem to have calmed down, if they are not fixed, as of r9724.

Darzil

Developer
I think that Darzil hit the nail on the head, at least for me. Intermittent lockups caused by restoring HP while moods are running. The bad part is that, for Relay Browser people without multiple monitors, the only workaround is to wait ~20 seconds between each and every manual fight.

I just wait when I see that effects have one turn left. Or more often two turns left, as the left panel doesn't update at the end of a fight.

Winterbay

I've had automation aborted by my consult script several times today (unkown monsters doesn't play well with it and moxie classes apparently) and none of the times the browser locked up. It loaded just fine when I clicked the link, or reloaded the page in case I hadn't closed the last one. That part of the problem seems gone for me now at least.

Theraze

I've still been having my browser get the blank fights in 9727... most recently this rollover on Ed. Had to do him in the mini-browser.

roippi

Developer
I also had a blank fight recently. On the upside, I haven't been stuck in gray mode using the newest revisions, so imma go mark that one fixed.

Bale

Minion
I'm no longer able to reproduce this bug. (Any of its variations.) I believe it was fixed by one the many changes a few weeks ago. I suspect 9752, 9755 or 9760, but I'm not sure.

Can anyone else still reproduce this or can it be marked as fixed?

Winterbay

It does still happen from time to time, but it's a lot less often and not reproducible in an easy way. I'd say that at least the major reasons for this happening has been resolved.

Theraze

Same problem yesterday using 9821 as I reported in 105... Fighting Ed, it loaded a blank pane. Had to finish the fight in the mini browser.

Bale

Minion
Dang. I was hoping that these problems were gone. I guess that there are fewer bugs contributing to the issue.