Hiding support scripts from menu?

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
Hey all.

Been using Mafia for many years now. (So some thanks to zarqon and Bale, amongst others).

Quick question - is there a way to not show some scripts in the Scripts menu? Support scripts like zlib and canadv, for example, are never run directly.

Thanks!

Gausie

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You can put them in a subfolder in the scripts folder. You'll see that folder name, but it will only take up one line instead of a bunch of lines in that list.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The subfolder option offends my sense of aesthetics, although it definitely addresses the issue. I am spending my not so copious spare time looking at ways to trim the Scripts menu. If I succeed then there might be an alternative.

If you don't mind changing the file names you have a few options:

Agreed. However, to help the OP, there are a few filenames that do NOT show up
in the scripts menu.

If you prefix the name of your script with a "." (in other words, ".daily.ash.old"
instead of "daily.ash.old"), it will be ignored in the scripts dropdown. Also, if you
add either a ~ or a .bak to the end of a script's filename, it'll be considered a
backup file and therefore not be included in the menu list.

Obviously this wouldn't work for support scripts unless you changed their name wherever they are imported, it can, however, clear out quite a bit of unused scripts that you want to keep, but don't want to show up in the menu.

Last edited: