Page 167 of 217 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 2169

Thread: BatBrain -- a central nervous system for consult scripts

Is it? If KoL - and Manuel - has the <i> tags in the monster name, we need to, also. Looking at Manuel's entry:

Code:
    <b><font size=+2>C<i>bzzt</i>er the Grisly Bear</font></b>
    A-yup. KoLmafia's name of the monster does not agree with what we see from Manuel - and presumably from the fight page, given what the session log says.

This is a KoLmafia issue.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Try revision 15725
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Huh. I just didn't figure that we would add italics to an official monster name and BatBrain would have to normalize that. Like a Hobo name not matching in the cli.

@Veracity - Thank you.

@Bale - I think it is now a BatBrain issue.

The session log, gCLI, monsters.txt, and Manuel are now in agreement on the name of the monster but BatBrain and BatMan's Factroid component aren't recognizing the monster name with the embedded HTML tag.
    Last edited by Magus_Prime; 04-07-2015 at 12:58 PM.

Huh. I just didn't figure that we would add italics to an official monster name and BatBrain would have to normalize that. Like a Hobo name not matching in the cli.
    Originally Posted by Bale View Post
    Hobos have multiple names in the encounter, but normalize to a single monster type per element.

This monster has a single name in the encounter and we agree with that name now; we did not "add italics" to an "official monster name". The "official monster name" already HAS italics.

What does BatBrain need to "normalize"? Why not just recognize the single consistent name?
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

A quick grep of BatBrain and monsters.txt reveals that BatBrain is parsing the session log for encounter information and C<i>bzzt</i>er the Grisly Bear is the only monster name with embedded tags.

Here's the relevant code from BatBrain:
    Code:
    boolean loghaps() {   // load happenings/round info from session log
       if (!to_boolean(get_property("logBattleAction"))) 
          return vprint("Cannot parse combat actions from your session log because you have disabled logging combat actions.  Please change this in your preferences (or type \"set logBattleAction = true\" in the CLI).",-1);
       string log = session_logs(1)[0]; // load today's log
       round = last_index_of(log,"Encounter: "+m);
       if (round == -1) {
          vprint("Encounter with \""+m+"\" not found!  Attempting case-insensitive match...","olive",-3);
          round = last_index_of(to_lower_case(log),"encounter: "+to_lower_case(m));
          if (round == -1) return vprint("This encounter cannot be found by name; logging happenings the old way.",-2);
       }

"Parsing the session log". Yeah, there's another discussion about that somewhere around.
    Regardless, the "official name" of the monster has italic tags in it, whether it is in the page HTML, lastEncounter, or the session log.
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Agreed. This definitely seems to be a BatBrain issue at this point.

Edit: BatBrain is also complaining when there are diacritical marks in a monster name.

Code:
    Encounter with "Novia Cadáver" not found! Attempting case-insensitive match...
    This encounter cannot be found by name; logging happenings the old way.
    Last edited by Magus_Prime; 04-08-2015 at 11:00 AM.

Those messages are not complaints. They are also not errors. They are informational. As previously noted, they will also fire in a lot of normal cases where monster names are randomly generated, or where mafia disambiguates (or ambiguates) monsters. In none of the cases does it mean BatBrain is experiencing an error. If it can't find the monster name (as given by last_monster()) in your session log, it will simply detect events from the page, as it used to before the revamp. The only downside is that BatBrain can not track events that were not submitted via macro, and won't know what you may have done prior to handing the fight to BatBrain.

I guess I should bump up the verbosity on those so that people who see those messages as problems can opt to not see them. I personally enjoy knowing whether BatBrain is tracking the new way or the old way (and in at least three cases now, typos or other errors in mafia's monster names have been fixed as a result of the messages), but I understand that not everyone cares.

I'm about ready to try skipping the monster name entirely and simply finding the most recent "Encounter: ". My qualm is that it seems a bit more prone to user error (for example if a script ever prints "Encounter: " or writes it to the log).
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

@zarqon: I misunderstood the intent of the messages. I would advocate for leaving them in as it can, as just noted a few posts back, lead to investigation and fixing of mis-matches.

One question I have though is that since BatBrain doesn't recognize the monster name it seems to stop Factroid from properly processing the Monster Manuel entry. Is that a Factroid or a BatBrain issue?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Magus_Prime; 04-09-2015 at 11:01 AM.