Page 166 of 216 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 2160

Thread: BatBrain -- a central nervous system for consult scripts

How do you mark that pinch ghost, while physical, still hurts ghosts? I can't see anything obvious for what needs to happen for fist of the mummy to make BatBrain know that it will work just fine against the chalky wraiths.
    Originally Posted by Theraze View Post
    I'm not sure WHAM knows pinch ghost hurts ghosts. I think it is used because the jar full of wind has value. Personally, I'm not too worried that fist isn't considered to damage ghosts. Ghosts are uncommon and it's just a few more MP to use another spell, but I do feel for someone who isn't far enough up that tree to have the other spells and has to cast fist manually when WHAM wrongly aborts. I'll look into pinch ghost later tonight.

Developer

Special note re: fist: Fist of the Mummy actually bypasses physical resistance (but not damage mitigation). You can confirm this by using it with a lot of ML running, with no ML running, with negative ML running, and against your winged yeti :P I haven't checked how Pinch Ghost works, but I suspect it'd be something similar.

todo: run a bajillion ML against a banshee librarian, try pinch ghost, check damage.

I'll look into pinch ghost later tonight.
    Originally Posted by Crowther View Post
    Tomorrow? Good weather, good friends and the clickyness of Ed kept me from getting to this. Tomorrow I'm smoking pork butt, so I'll be tied to the house. I really doubt I'll be able to come up with code to make it work right, but I'd like to define clearly how pinch ghost currently works.

BTW, the new formulas have been working really well. The amount of MP it saves me is small (over hard coding storm), but significant, because I'm normally MP starved in Ed even when dying twice to get the most MP out of my bugs.

Tomorrow I'm smoking pork butt
    Originally Posted by Crowther View Post
    Should we ever meet face to face I'm going to ask you to buy me a cup of coffee to replace the one I just spilled because I was laughing so hard. For people of a certain age, barbeque is not the first thing that phrase brings to mind.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

Should we ever meet face to face I'm going to ask you to buy me a cup of coffee to replace the one I just spilled because I was laughing so hard. For people of a certain age, barbeque is not the first thing that phrase brings to mind.
    Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    I can't deny that wasn't intentional. And I've side tracked another thread! Sadly they're renaming pork and beef cuts to make more sense, so stores are starting to label it as shoulder which is where it comes from.

Anyway, back to physical spells and ghosts especially physical spells that override a ghosts physical damage resistance. Not all ghosts (as defined by those you can pinch) resist physical damage. That confused me for a bit. WHAM/BatBrain do not know that Pinch Ghost will do 50 damage against Chalk Wraths. So a method for dealing with this problem does not already exist. The upside is, if someone figures it out, Pinch Ghost will become useful to WHAM for those not under Type69.

Developer

I wish there were a twitchleak involving all the crazy things skills can do, a la what we had for monster specials.

Developer

Some initial spading regarding Roar of the Lion, at 5k myst because I got impatient:

https://pastebin.com/9q2BBJtB

I got a few other values:
    Code:
    9619, 7596
    This suggests damage looks like ceil(rand(1.5,2) * buffedmyst), when combined with my low-level testing.

Unfortunately Storm of the Scarab requires a bit more manual intervention on my behalf, since I'll need to record damage ranges manually (Mafia collapses all damage from a single hit into a single value in the logs). I'll see what I can do about getting that

Developer

Storm of the Scarabs damage, adjusted for spell damage and the one time I got a crit.

https://pastebin.com/2uH2XN8i

I also gained a mysticality point at the end of the first combat that exceeded 3000 damage :/
    This looks tentatively like the total damage scales like rand(0.4-0.6ish*myst) (there's a few data points that suggest the upper bound is slightly higher than 60%), then damage is distributed uniformly at random between the elements (on average, 0.08-0.12 per element as earlier estimated) (based on the variance in each sample).

I'm not sure what's up with the upper bound. There's about a 3.5% chance it's 0.62 or higher.
    I have some more data from later, when I stopped paying attention to the individual element damage.

No base damage, as can be verified at low mysticality (i.e. beginning of a run).

Remember that spell damage is applied to each element, so it counts essentially 5-fold on a skill like this.

It looks like any ceiling on spell damage happens at the very end (i.e. after spell% is applied).

Batbrain is complaining about the following:

Code:
    Encounter with "Cbzzter the Grisly Bear" not found! Attempting case-insensitive match...
    It's in monsters.txt as:

Code:
    Cbzzter the Grisly Bear
    but it displays in the gCLI as:

Code:
    C<i>bzzt</i>er the Grisly Bear
    and the session log as:

Code:
    Encounter: C&lt;i&gt;bzzt&lt;/i&gt;er the Grisly Bear
    I don't know whether this is a BatBrain issue or a KoLmafia issue. I'm hoping that someone with more knowledge can tell me which it is.

Thank you.

It's a BatBrain issue.