Page 116 of 216 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 166 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 2160

Thread: BatBrain -- a central nervous system for consult scripts

The only issue is I didn't see a place where mafia tracks Howl of the Alpha banished monsters.
    Mafia uses banishingShoutMonsters for that.

The big change -- which just broke WHAM until Winterbay fixes it -- is that the custom field is now a string. You won't fully realize how awesome this is until SS updates, but when it does, prepare to be pleased. We can now not only specify custom actions in batfactors, we can also append a category after the custom keyword for actions which provide a similar custom mechanic. So far, the categories SS is going to support are: attract, banish, yellow, copy, and runaway. Then, when you want to banish a monster, you'll be able to -- oh, what's this? A new custom_action(type) function in BatBrain? And it returns the most profitable action in a given custom category? So wait -- if I had specified some monsters to attract in BatMan_attract, and SS encountered one of those monsters, it would Olfact that monster OR jiggle the cream staff if I was in AoJ? Fantastic! Or if I had specified certain monsters in BatMan_banish, SS could use this function to choose the cheapest banishing option and banish the specified monster with a banishing skill or item? Oh my goodness! 18!!
    A question about this (before I change WHAM to use this instead of a hardcoded list): Will this take into account the fact that you cannot banish a monster with the AoJ-staff after you've done it 5 times already?
    My scripts:
    Best sushi for Profit
    Winterbay's Helpful Automatic Monsterbasher (WHAM)

Scripts maintained by me:
    Autobasement
    Smashlib

A small programmer joke:
    Wife: Honey, please go to the market and buy 1 bottle of milk. If they have eggs, bring 6.
    The man came back with 6 bottles of milk.
    Wife: Why did you buy 6 bottles of milk.
    Man: Because they had eggs...

The 6 Stages of Debugging: 1 )That can't happen. 2) That shouldn't happen. 3) Hmmm, weird. 4) Why does that happen? 5) Oh, I see. 6 )How did that ever work?

All programs can be optimized, and all programs have bugs; therefore all programs can be optimized to one line that doesn’t work. /Bob Fitch, Blizzard

Mafia uses banishingShoutMonsters for that.
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    To be more informative, banishingShoutMonsters is used for both "Howl of the Alpha" and "Banishing Shout." Since they both work the same way and it is impossible to have both skills it seemed like a good idea at the time. There's a decent chance that if a future class path has a similar power it will re-use the preference also.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

r19 Update

I feel that "swear in this post" is one of the best stupid puns I've generated in months, so I'm not going to try to top that. Instead I'll point out that 19 is the number of this update, and it's also the number of Transcendent Olfaction, which is now included in opts as a custom action of the "attract" category.

In fact, as I was running my diagnostic script today that tells me about missing items and skills, I realized that with the new custom categories, many of them can be added. So, I added 56 combat items and 8 combat skills to batfactors which had not previously been there. Now, the only combat items missing from batfactors are pogs and two of the very brand new items which don't even have use text yet on the Wiki.

Some highlights regarding the added actions:
    • Unleash Nanites now correctly recognizes what will happen when you release the nanites and is correctly categorized as "yellow" or "banish" when appropriate.
    • Some of the fantastic reusable boss drops from Dreadsylvania are now likely to be chosen by BatBrain.
    • pulled taffy is now mostly known to BatBrain.
    • All three monster-copying items used by SS are now correctly filtered in build_items(), so if they appear in opts, you are able to copy a monster using them.
    • The new Dreadsylvania skills are added to the extent that the Wiki understands them.
    • The combat items that drop in KOLHS have also been added.

Also in this major data update process to batfactors I made a few changes to the keywords available in batfactors:
    • The "prismatic" keyword for damage types was just shorthand for "hot,cold,spooky,sleaze,stench" -- in fact the script actually replaced it like that before parsing the damage -- and with the reordering of code flow in r18 was causing problems. I opted to eliminate the keyword rather than add another foreach-factors-replace. People adding data shouldn't really mind typing those extra words so much, since it's pretty easy to copy paste.
    • A new keyword "quick" now indicates that an action does not take a combat round. Several of the new Dreadsylvania skills have this flag.

A couple more fabulous tweaks:
    I made the changes I mentioned last time that needed to be done for Colosseum autoresponses. Mer-kin weapon skills are now automatically temporarily blacklisted in the Colosseum. Autoresponses in act() will now not fire for skills you haven't learned. Autoresponses in batround() are enclosed in a while loop which ought to make them autorespond until the monster does not perform a special action. These changes are untested, confirmation that they work appreciated; otherwise I'll check it out when I dive next run.

Lastly, a tweak for Winterbay: Yes. As of this update, the jiggle event for 5/day chefstaves is "custom" until the relevant property shows 5 uses -- at which point it becomes a regular action (behavior changed accordingly) and may be chosen in regular automation. I'm rather proud of that one.

Please enjoy this update! This update finally paves the way for a SS which simply uses custom_action() to enqueue attract, banish, yellow, or copy actions! So that's next.

@lost, Bale: thanks! Function works as posted then. Excellent.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

r19 Update

I feel that "swear in this post" is one of the best stupid puns I've generated in months, so I'm not going to try to top that.
    Originally Posted by zarqon View Post
    And silence from the audience is often a response of admiration for such puns.

Now, the only combat items missing from batfactors are pogs and two of the very brand new items which don't even have use text yet on the Wiki.
    Originally Posted by zarqon View Post
    What do you need to know about pogs? I may have some around I would donate to a good cause. For Science!
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

Zarqon: Am I correct when I think that when calling reset queue the monster element is not reset? (say if WHAM tries to through a double ice shard and then backs out and tries something different. Will the monster now be cold or not?
    My scripts:
    Best sushi for Profit

Autobasement
    Smashlib

A small programmer joke:
    Wife: Honey, please go to the market and buy 1 bottle of milk. If they have eggs, bring 6.

The 6 Stages of Debugging: 1 )That can't happen. 2) That shouldn't happen. 3) Hmmm, weird. 4) Why does that happen? 5) Oh, I see. 6 )How did that ever work?

All programs can be optimized, and all programs have bugs; therefore all programs can be optimized to one line that doesn’t work. /Bob Fitch, Blizzard

@Winterbay: I believe you are correct, the outcome of certain happenings is not undone. Undoing that one would mean caching the monster's old resistances first, unless we want to reload the monster from batfactors each time (we don't). Have to give that some thought.

What do you need to know about pogs?
    Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    I don't think I need to know anything about them. People collect pogs, not use them.

Kidding aside though, those things interact with each other in complicated ways (and with ongoing effects, something BatBrain currently doesn't handle). It would be a headache-inducing nightmare to add support for them, and I rather doubt that anyone will feel their absence. The completionist in me gets a bit upset about that, but I usually tell him "What are you doing in there, completionist? Get out of there."
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

Couldn't you check if the currently stored element is different from what Mafia thinks and if so reset it to what Mafia thinks? That should at least handle the aligned monsters, even though I guess special monster might still be left out but there are fewer of those.
    My scripts:
    Best sushi for Profit

Autobasement
    Smashlib

A small programmer joke:

Developer

There's currently no way to extract Mafia knowledge about physically resistant monsters short of parsing monsters.txt. I ran into this earlier today. In fact, I think I'm going to make this a feature request.

Is the pinch ghost vulnerability any more complicated than undead with physical resistance? I know that the chalkdust wraith is vulnerable to this, since I've done it a few times when the character happened to have pinch ghost HP but no properly tuned elemental. BatBrain estimated it at 1 damage, but it killed it in one hit...