BatBrain -- a central nervous system for consult scripts

Gdunge

Halp! The last update totally h0z0red my system!

It was working, then I upgraded to BatBrain 1.5 and SmartStasis 3.5. Now wherever I try to adventure (everywhere I've tried) I get this:

Code:
> zlib verbosity = 9

Previous value of verbosity: 9

> adv last

Bad monster value: "queen bee" (BatBrain.ash, line 667)
Consult script 'SmartStasis.ash' not found.
You're on your own, partner.
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

No idea what is going on here. I'm using KoLmafia r9414.

Winterbay

Try doing "update clear" in the cli and restart Mafia (close down, open up, log in). It may be that a stale override is making strange things.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I hate it when I see that suggestion - especially since we have never, ever, written overrides for monsters.

You are running version 9414? That's 9 days old - an eternity in the world of KoL/KoLmafia.

Ironically, the bees were added to monsters.txt on June 8 in revision 9420 - released one day after the build you are currently running.

Winterbay

Ahh yes, I always forget which things there are overrides for and which there are not. Also, I read the version number as 9441 which should've had the bees in it :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
We don't write overrides for ANYTHING anymore unless you explicitly tell us to do so by doing "update save". I think that as time passes, there are diminishingly few people who have old overrides lurking. Unless they specifically and proactively told KoLmafia to write them, in which case that's their own lookout.

Theraze

One more top tier bees thing... they all have a 50% damage resistance to all elements as well as regular damage. It's listed on the main page of the wiki as well as discussed on talk. Bee Thoven is the only one where people are still working through confusion due to that it's also a plural mob, but I expect people to figure out that if it does regular damage using an AoE 2 skill, that means that it fits with the other resist levels. I've added the following to my monster resistance section:
Code:
   case $monster[bee thoven]:
   case $monster[beebee king]:
   case $monster[queen bee]: foreach el in $elements[] mres[el] = 0.5; break;

Booty crab is 25% physical resistance, not 100%. Moved it from the section with the protector sphere to the one with the kegtank.

Not sure how to edit it properly, but batfactors doesn't appear to be counting physical damage in addition to the extra damage... it currently has this for the various TT skills:
Code:
skill 2003 Headbutt {0.1,0.15,0.2}*helmetpower physical regular
skill 2005 Shieldbutt {0.1,0.15,0.2}*shieldpower physical att -5, regular
skill 2015 Kneebutt {0.1,0.15,0.2}*pantspower physical stun 0.45, regular

skill 2103 Head + Knee Combo {0.1,0.15,0.2}*(helmetpower+pantspower) physical stun 0.45, regular
skill 2105 Head + Shield Combo {0.1,0.15,0.2}*(helmetpower+shieldpower) physical att -5, regular
skill 2106 Knee + Shield Combo {0.1,0.15,0.2}*(pantspower+shieldpower) physical stun 0.45, att -5, regular
skill 2107 Head + Knee + Shield Combo 0.15*(helmetpower+pantspower+shieldpower) physical stun 0.45, att -5, regular
However, each of these does its damage in addition to the standard physical damage. Also noting that moxious maneuver is officially 0 damage in there. Does BatBrain do special damage handling on TT/moxious, or...?

Noting because it thought that with 30 hp left on a royal bee, it thought there was nothing I could do to kill it successfully in one round, while a single Head+Knee+Shield easily finished it, doing 43 damage... but without the 14 damage from the physical hit, it would have been under the 30 damage.

Also occurred to me that it's possible that it's missing out on bonus turtle-wear damage...

Edit: Ah, the "regular" part makes it do regular damage. The fact that it says the damage estimate is low is something I need to try to figure out...

Last edited:

balkin

Halp! The last update totally h0z0red my system!

It was working, then I upgraded to BatBrain 1.5 and SmartStasis 3.5. Now wherever I try to adventure (everywhere I've tried) I get this:

Code:
> zlib verbosity = 9

Previous value of verbosity: 9

> adv last

Bad monster value: "queen bee" (BatBrain.ash, line 667)

No idea what is going on here. I'm using KoLmafia r9414.

I am getting this same message in r9459.

Bale

Minion
That cannot be the problem because that particular error message can only be the result of the most recent version of BatBrain.

Though perhaps your suggestion is true if his message is different and balkin is confused. He should probably have copy-pasted his actual error message in case it is different and he missed the differences.

balkin

[204032] Giant's Castle
Encounter: Goth Giant
Strategy: F:\KOL mafia\ccs\chefboyartie.ccs [default]
Round 0: chefboyartie wins initiative!
Bad monster value: "queen bee" (BatBrain.ash, line 668)

I have been getting this since the update of batbrain to 1.5 and I have SmartStasis3.5 using Kolmafia r9459 converted to exe using jar2exe wizard 1.8 just in case that helps.

Bale

Minion
That's weird. I wonder why it is complaining about line 668 instead of 667. Did you edit the script in any way?

Even so I wouldn't expect to see that error with r9459. Please confirm for me: When you start the program does it say "r9459" at the top of the window?

balkin

That's weird. I wonder why it is complaining about line 668 instead of 667. Did you edit the script in any way?

Even so I wouldn't expect to see that error with r9459. Please confirm for me: When you start the program does it say "r9459" at the top of the window?

No I did not edit the script and it says Kolmafia v14.6 r9459 at the top

Theraze

Try running update clear in the gCLI, restart mafia, and see if that fixes it? Might still be old monster override files from before that behaviour was changed...

balkin

Try running update clear in the gCLI, restart mafia, and see if that fixes it? Might still be old monster override files from before that behaviour was changed...

Thank you this seems to have fixed the problem. Keep up the great work to all on the development team.

Gdunge

You are running version 9414? That's 9 days old - an eternity in the world of KoL/KoLmafia.

Ironically, the bees were added to monsters.txt on June 8 in revision 9420 - released one day after the build you are currently running.

Actually, I'm using a piece of software called MafiaUpdate, that is supposed to download the latest build and then launch it for me. It *looks* like that's what it's doing, but maybe not. I ran it today, and it said it was getting an update, downloaded something, and launched KoLmafia. However, the version number in the window title bar (and the output of the "version" command) both say r9414.

OTOH, when I tried to play an adventure, it worked just fine. No error messages at all.

The only change I made was to run the MafiaUpdate program.

Hypothesis: it's downloading diffs from SVN and applying them to my old copy, and then failing to update the version number. (I've seen a *nix cron script that works this way.)

Anyway, I downloaded the latest .jar file from builds.kolmafia.us, ran it, and it now reports the version as r9460. Adventuring still works correctly.

So, hmmm. Back to playing. Thanks for the help, all!

garjon

Code:
     case $familiar[slimeling]: if (contains_text(lastaction,"/slimeling.gif") || contains_text(lastaction,"You get the jump") ||
         contains_text(lastaction,"You quickly conjure a saucy salve")) break;
            print("Your slimeling needs sating.","olive"); famspent = true; set_property("slimelingFullness","0.0"); break;
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is resetting what mafia thinks my fullness is on my slimeling if I get the jump on a mob, or use salve...

xKiv

Old, but I found something ...

There's one factoring element I'm not sure about but I need to know to make this information complete. What constitutes a "spell" and is there a programmatic way of identifying if something is a spell?

Wiki page on spells says:
Not Spells

Skills that are not listed as "Combat Spell" in their skill descriptions.

Last edited by a moderator: