Page 215 of 216 FirstFirst ... 115 165 205 213 214 215 216 LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2160

Thread: BatBrain -- a central nervous system for consult scripts

I was thinking corrupt file but...
    Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    I can go back to 18899 and it works perfectly fine so I don't think a corrupt file

I can go back to 18899 and it works perfectly fine so I don't think a corrupt file
    Originally Posted by txrangersxx View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't suggesting *this* problem was a corrupt file, for that very reason, but I was (mis?) remembering that a similar previous problem was a corrupt file and not necessarily a Java problem.

18903 changed combat modifiers but I see no obvious check ins that would cause this.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

I don't think I have anything to contribute to this file_to_map() discussion since it seems to go deeper than BatBrain (though I will recommend deleting batfactors.txt so it can be freshly re-downloaded), but I do have other, rather exciting news.

r121 moves SimpleSmack from the first post to the SVN. *pulls out guitar* Ahem.

Home, home in the cloud
    Where the updates can freely promulgate
    When Sourceforge isn't down
    It's the best thing around
    And the users are not annoyed all day

It also adds SimplePoke, a basic consult script for Pokefam battles! SimplePoke is basically like BatBrain for Pocket Familiars, and is used by BatMan RE to recommend your best attack in the Quick Menu, so it seemed to belong best here.

SimplePoke also works much like BatBrain, building a list of options and then looking ahead one round to determine the profitability of each action. If using it as a consult script, it simply performs your most profitable action each round until the fight is over. It has a non-trivial flaw -- it overestimates the effect of actions with a target of "random" at the moment, treating them as having a target "all" -- but my last two Pocket Familiar runs were almost entirely automated using SimplePoke and a mood script that swapped Pokefam between battles, so it's working pretty well.

If you don't like how these new files' presence enlarges your script menu, keep in mind that both of the new scripts can be moved to a subdirectory and still work just fine.

Enjoy!
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

Recently my batfactors-testing script revealed that there were so many things missing from batfactors that an unknown amount of the information disappeared off the top of the CLI. We've mostly kept abreast of monsters, skills, and items -- the important ones at least -- but familiars and especially hats/pants were quite lacking. So over the last several days I've been on a crusade to add the missing stuff in.

So r122 brings us up to speed on items, skills, hats, and pants. I added some 150 hats/pants to batfactors and removed maybe 20 or so.

"Removed?" you repeat, aghast.

"Why yes," I say, noting that your phylum is now undead. I pause to see if you will repeat that, but you don't, so I continue: I managed to make some of the handling automatic. Mafia's "Familiar Effect" string modifier contains the results for hants and pants when they are equipped on your hatrack/pantsrack, e.g. "atk, 1.5xPotato". Note that neither the attack formula nor the attack rate are included in that information, but it is sufficient information to handle the Potato aspect (we only care about attack and potatoes, since everything else happens before or after the fight). So batfactors now only contains the attack information for hats/pants, and the stun information is parsed from mafia's modifier.

I also ended up adding support for a very handy new keyword for events in batfactors: mutex. We use this to designate mutually exclusive groups of combat actions, for example all Sauceror curses now include "mutex curse". For any of these actions, happened(the action) will return true if any action in the group has already happened. We've also used this keyword for:
    • Olfaction/odor extractor
    • sixguns
    • katana skills
    • bear arms skills
    • Entangling/Shadow noodles

Are there any other mutually exclusive groups you can think of?

Some actions required special handling:
    • The caret turns your next attack into a crit, much like Throw Shield
    • Silent Knife needs to access your bestknife fvar.
    • toothpaste and golden ring now have the correct results vs. the appropriate pirate
    • The samurai turtle's star-throwing mastery is now accounted for
    • A red button costs 15% of your red buttons.
    • Mob Hit has a daily property; check it to ensure unavailability when unavailable.
    • Extract Oil checks mafia's new "snake" subtype.
    • Bear Hug can evidently convert even normally unzombifiable phyla. Also make it a custom action for now so as not to squander conversions during Zombiecore.

Next on the crusade is adding the 159 missing familiars (many of which are at least deservedly absent, and 119 of which are missing Crown of Thrones data as well).

"119?" you repeat, equally aghast. "That's the emergency number for the fire department in South Korea!"

Why, so it is. Enjoy!
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

Are there any other mutually exclusive groups you can think of?
    Originally Posted by zarqon View Post
    Silent Knife/Silent Slice/Silent <the other one>

Squirt! Added, thanks.
    Sig by JakAtk

Developer

Katana skills (and BRC skills, for that matter) are not quite mutually exclusive, in that you can use more than one in a fight if you have more than 1x of the weapon equipped.

Glancing through conditional skills on the wiki:

Tunnel upwards / downwards
    Ask the hobo for a drink / something to eat
    Ask the hobo to tell you a joke / dance for you
    Science! intergnat skills

Ask the hobo for a drink / something to eat
    Ask the hobo to tell you a joke / dance for you
    Originally Posted by heeheehee View Post
    Asking for a joke/dance also disables asking for a drink/food.

I’m not sure Olfaction and such are actually mutually exclusive: some of them just need you to not have On the Trail. I might be wrong, though.

It has recently been confirmed (on the Speed Ascension podcast by yojimbos_law) that Gallapagosian Mating Call has an effect that stacks with On the Trail, by the way, and he even spelled out the mechanics. So add that to the to-do list, I suppose.

Thanks all. The point of the keyword is to put groups of actions on a shared counter for purposes of checking whether they've happened, so Olfaction/extractor counts, and haiku skills can now be made to work correctly (that has never been handled quite right). Not sure what BRC stands for?

It hasn't been a big issue so far since BatBrain parses your available skills/items from KoL's dropdowns, but for queueing up actions or predicting a combat while not in combat, this will be helpful information, in addition to letting us remove yet more custom code. Yay!

Updating the attraction code is on the to-do list, yes.
    Sig by JakAtk