BatBrain -- a central nervous system for consult scripts

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
Weird! When I ran

Code:
print(mdata.res.to_json());

I didn't get the right values and this fixed it completely... I'll try to hunt it down

Yeah - just after running act() I get

{"spooky":1,"stench":0.15000000000000002,"cold":0.75,"none":1,"hot":0.15000000000000002,"sleaze":0.75}

What has increased the ghost's spooky res and decreased its stench and hot res?

Last edited:

zarqon

I'd guess the monster is spooky-aligned, which normally means it's 100% resistant to spooky and vulnerable to the other two. It's been a while but I thought resistances specified in batfactors would override rather than stack though. I'll take another look.

Aside: There's also to_html(spread) which might give you prettier results.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
SmartStasis, which means BatBrain, really wants to use strange goggles even when there is no reason to. Is there a way to not to that unless one is fighting the Server? It suggests but does not use the molybendum magnet which suggests it knows it won't help when not in the quest. Screenshot too big for forum and my shrink ray is on the fritz.

zarqon

We could flag the item as custom, so it would only be used when explicitly specified rather than in normal automation.

Okay, done with the batfactors I just uploaded.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Same problem with the boning knife. It wants to use the knife all the time even though there is only one situation where using it has any benefit.

zarqon

The boning knife can be pretty useful outside of the 'one situation', so I won't be quickly convinced to flag this one as custom. Any idea why BatBrain is recommending it? Maybe take a look in BatMan RE at the profit value of using the knife compared to your other options and see if that gives us any clues.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The boning knife can be pretty useful outside of the 'one situation', so I won't be quickly convinced to flag this one as custom. Any idea why BatBrain is recommending it? Maybe take a look in BatMan RE at the profit value of using the knife compared to your other options and see if that gives us any clues.

I will try and remember to look. That said, I know of no other beneficial use so there is an opportunity for education.

zarqon

It's a source of passive damage, which helps in various situations. If you have funkslinging, you can throw it along with something else for bonus damage for the rest of the fight. Also the extra damage can be quite helpful in certain paths where you don't have access to all your usual combat skills.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
It's a source of passive damage, which helps in various situations. If you have funkslinging, you can throw it along with something else for bonus damage for the rest of the fight. Also the extra damage can be quite helpful in certain paths where you don't have access to all your usual combat skills.

Thank you.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I'm trying to get BatManRE to tell me why it likes the boning knife. So far, it hasn't. But I do sometimes see

BatBrain unable to parse log entry:
BatBrain unable to parse log entry: > BatBrain unable to parse log entry:

in the gCLI. Anything I could/should do to change this?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Well...

I noted that the boning knife does do damage. I had previously missed that line and complained because of my (now known to be incorrect) belief that the knife was doing nothing. So I withdraw that request :)

But in playing I would do things like enable BatManRE but then use the Script button to do the combat since the BatManRE options were fine with me. I noticed when toggling that the unable to parse message occurred more often the combat after I toggled. Not quite repeatable but often enough to start looking there. I also noticed that SmartStasis is not always doing what BatManRE suggests. I faced a monster that I expected to Attack with Weapon based upon previous encounters and using BatManRE. BatManRE was not enabled and the use item slot in the relay browser was populated with the boning knife. Character doesn't have dual funkslinging so can only manage one item. I pressed the Script button and SmartStasis unexpectedly used the boning knife.

I will dig into this more but I wonder whether a) enabling and disabling BatManRE leaves something set that changes SmartStasis's behaviour or b) the BatBrain sort is inconsistent in that if A and B have the same value there is guarantee that one will always sort first.

zarqon

BatMan RE has its own "script" button as part of the Action Menu on the top left: the circle of arrows, meant to indicate "automate". You shouldn't need to disable the relay experience to support that playstyle. Still, I should look into whether disabling the script changes your session log in a way that makes the current parsing fail.

Also SmartStasis doesn't kill monsters. :) If you are talking about SimpleSmack, it does not share exactly the same logic as BatMan RE since it wants to narrow down all options to the best, rather than show many possible options for you to choose from.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
BatMan RE has its own "script" button as part of the Action Menu on the top left: the circle of arrows, meant to indicate "automate". You shouldn't need to disable the relay experience to support that playstyle. Still, I should look into whether disabling the script changes your session log in a way that makes the current parsing fail.

Also SmartStasis doesn't kill monsters. :) If you are talking about SimpleSmack, it does not share exactly the same logic as BatMan RE since it wants to narrow down all options to the best, rather than show many possible options for you to choose from.

OK. I meant SimpleSmack and I was just parroting what I thought I had been told about SS and BatManRE :)

When the combat script gets called after SmartStasis gets finished and announces there is nothing to do because SmartStasis finished the fight I figures SmartStasis was doing some killing even if it was only collateral damage :)

Remember that I am using BatManRE because SimpleSmack is using a boning knife at times when I didn't think it should and BatManRE reports information that can illuminate choices SimpleSmack makes. That said, my belief that the knife use was inappropriate because nothing happened was incorrect but I still am curious as to why it is being sometimes used. Perhaps there is a set of conditions where SmartStasis likes it more than something else?

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
I've been using `autoOlfact` recerntly and wondered if there's any smart way we could get it to stack multiple sniffs instead of casting Gallapagosian Mating Call and calling it a day. I would say if the autoOlfact is set and a sniff is already active, just layer another one if possible.

soolar

Spittoon Monsoon and Dragoon Platoon have been spaded, and they're actually fairly powerful considering they're free. You can change "10 stench|10 sleaze" to "0.3*buffedmys stench|0.3*buffedmys sleaze" for Spittoon Monsoon and "10|10" to "0.3*buffedmus|0.3*buffedmus" for Dragoon Platoon, I believe.

zarqon

Or you can, since batfactors.txt is publicly editable ("ashwiki batfactors" for more details)! If you don't beat me to it however, I'll have time tomorrow to update it. Thanks for the report!

@gausie: Multi-olfacting has been on my todo list for a while. It will get done! Eventually. Not a lot of scripting time at the moment unfortunately.

taltamir

@zarqon I came across this message, which I think is prompting the user to report this bit
Code:
[648] Investigating a Plaintive Telegram
Encounter: relentless,     unstoppable caugr
Round 0: taltamir wins initiative!
Round 1:     taltamir executes a macro!
Round 1: taltamir casts MICROMETEORITE!
Round     2: You lose 58 hit points
Round 2: taltamir uses the western-style     skinning knife!
You gain 79 Meat
Round 3: You lose 65 hit points
Round     3: taltamir uses the cow poker!
Round 4: You lose 64 hit points
Round     4: taltamir casts EXTRACT!
You acquire an item: Source essence (3)
[COLOR=red]This     monster is stun immune! That information should be added to batfactors.
[/COLOR]
https://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Caugr
https://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Investigating_a_Plaintive_Telegram

caugr appears in only two different forms, there is no randomness here btw. It is either a "caugr" which appears on the telegram "Missing: Pioneer Daughter (easy)" or it is a "relentless, unstoppable caugr" which appears on the telegram "Missing: Many Children (hard)"
the latter being immune to stun and stagger

Last edited:

Rinn

Developer
I added this to act() to track when candyblast triggers the candy drop so I can stop casting it in my personal combat script after I get the drop:
Code:
if (contains_text(action,"Hey, some of it is even intact afterwards!")) set_happened("candyblastdrop");

Might be good to add because you could use that to determine if the meat value of candyblast should be increased in addopt().

Last edited:

Magus_Prime

When using SimpleSmack to call Batbrain the script isn't using flyers, from the mysterious island arena, to complete the sub-quest during wartime.