Breakfast - "Honor Path Restrictions"

icon315

I'm guessing it makes it so that you don't eat/drink if you are in the paths:
# Teetotaler
# Boozetafarian
# Oxygenarian

AlbinoRhino

I was thinking along the same lines. However, I couldn't think of any times that mafia would automatically eat or drink anyway. I never have this option selected and I've also never had mafia break my path in any manner. ??

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
If you can't eat, it won't summon noodles.
If you can't drink, it won't summon cocktail garnishes.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I had to look through the code to figure it out. If you have mafia set to cast advanced cocktailcrafting when you log in and you can't drink, it won't cast it. Same with eating and pastamastery.

Edit: Ninja'd. When I first tried using it, I had hoped it would allow me to see food/booze in my inventory without checking the boxes every day during an oxy run. Probably because I was looking for stuff to autosell.

Theraze

Does summoning noodles/garnishes violate the pathing, or is it just that they won't be useful to you until the run is done? If it's the second, I'm definitely going to be disabling that box... :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
They cost MP to summon. If you want to summon them, go right ahead! We don't stop you from doing that in the Skill tab. However, as part of breakfast, most people will choose to NOT spend their MP on them. And that is why the "honor path restrictions" setting is in the Breakfast settings.

lost makes a good point, though: I don't see much point in pruning them from inventory. If I'm in Oxy, I am not going to look at the Food or Booze tabs, but I want to see my inventory...

Theraze

Good enough. I suppose I'll need to pay attention to them then, but when running HCO and in the upper few levels before ascension, I may turn that setting back off so I get max 'free' regents/noodles.