Creating Consumables - Help?

eitak

I can't seem to get Mafia to create consumables for me anymore. While this isn't such a big deal right now since I'm in oxycore, I could see this really sucking up time in a no-path run.

In the past, typing "make 3 serum" would yield 3 serums of sarcasm. But now I just get the error message "Auto-repair was unsuccessful."

I realize that Mafia is trying to make a chef-in-the-box for me, but I have Inigo's now. Which is why I've unchecked "require in-a-boxes" from the Item Manager.

Am I missing something here? Is there some other setting I need to mess with?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Winterbay

I think the problem is that Mafia isn't completely correctly handling Inigio's which is where the problem comes from. I have no idea on how to solve it though as I do not have Inigio's and thus can't test :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I realize that Mafia is trying to make a chef-in-the-box for me, but I have Inigo's now. Which is why I've unchecked "require in-a-boxes" from the Item Manager.

Am I missing something here? Is there some other setting I need to mess with?
What version are you using? Revision 8667 on October 8 should have fixed this.

eitak

Veracity- Not exactly sure what number it was, but before posting my original thread, I updated KoLMafia to the latest build. So it's a build from way after Oct 8th.

slyz

Developer
You unchecked "require in-a-boxes", but did you uncheck "repair on explosion"? I have no idea if that would matter when you have "require in-a-boxes" unchecked, but more info could help.

Bale

Minion
Problem occurs under the following circumstances:

• unchecked "repair on explosion"
  • unchecked "require in-a-boxes"
  • Have 0 adventures
  • cast Inigo
  • attempt to create something that takes turns

KolMafia complains that, "Auto-repair was unsuccessful."

This problem will only occur if you have 0 adventures and rely on inigo to make crafting possible. Crafting is still possible in the relay browser of course, but it should not be a problem for mafia. It does seem rather strange that the error is that it cannot auto-repair since I have turned off all applicable options.

Theraze

But mafia isn't aware of Inigo, so with 0 adventures, the only way to craft items it with a box servant...

xKiv

I just had this also happen with
- unchecked "repair on explosion"
- checked "require in-a-boxes"
- have ~100 adventures
- have enough Inigos (the effect)
- attempt to create a TPS drink (didn't try anything else)

KolMafia complains that: "Auto-repair was unsuccessful."

BTW, this is completely irrelevant to inigos, but when I checked "require in-a-boxes", green beer *appeared* in the list of thing I can create. When I unchecked "require in-a-boxes", green beer disappeared. There's something suspicious going on with that option.

xKiv

But mafia isn't aware of Inigo, so with 0 adventures, the only way to craft items it with a box servant...

You are wrong. Mafia is definitely aware of Inigo's, and adjusts the needed amount of adventures (in the "Ingredients Used" tab of item manager's food/booze sections) accordingly.
Besides, didn't Veracity basically insist (in post #3) that crafting with Inigo's should work exactly like we expect?