Bug - Fixed Nemesis assassins can cause mafia to hang

psly4mne

I typically automate turns in a couple locations during the time I'm waiting for the nemesis assassins to show up. During this time, I have my autoattack set to a macro that will kill anything I encounter, and my battleAction set to a ccs that just aborts. During this time, I encounter an assassin. Due to what I think is a fairly recent change, autoattack does not trigger against assassins. Rather than abort and pop up a mini-browser window, mafia just seems to stop without doing anything. If I load a page in the relay browser, I see that I am still in the fight and I can finish it myself. After I do that, mafia still shows no response. The progress bar in the adventure tab still shows "Request X of Y", and the adventuring command is still in the queue, so I need to restart mafia to do anything. At some point, a stacktrace is generated that reports an OutOfMemoryError. I'm not sure if this is normal, but the stacktrace wasn't written to a debug log - it was just printed to the console. This consistently occurs at the nemesis assassins, and I don't recall seeing this behavior elsewhere.

Exception in thread "CommandQueueHandler" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Arrays.java:2734)
at java.util.ArrayList.ensureCapacity(ArrayList.java:167)
at java.util.ArrayList.add(ArrayList.java:351)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.utilities.SortedListModelArray.get(SortedListModelArray.java:58)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.persistence.ConcoctionDatabase.getKnownUses(ConcoctionDatabase.java:512)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.persistence.ConcoctionDatabase.getKnownUses(ConcoctionDatabase.java:518)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.session.ResultProcessor.tallyResult(ResultProcessor.java:878)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.session.ResultProcessor.processResult(ResultProcessor.java:709)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.session.ResultProcessor.processResult(ResultProcessor.java:653)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.FightRequest.payItemCost(FightRequest.java:4977)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.FightRequest.payActionCost(FightRequest.java:4830)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.FightRequest.updateRoundData(FightRequest.java:2249)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.FightRequest.updateCombatData(FightRequest.java:2213)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.processResponse(GenericRequest.java:1810)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.retrieveServerReply(GenericRequest.java:1769)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.retrieveServerReply(GenericRequest.java:1459)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.execute(GenericRequest.java:1190)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.run(GenericRequest.java:1081)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.FightRequest.runOnce(FightRequest.java:1634)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.FightRequest.run(FightRequest.java:1655)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.handleServerRedirect(GenericRequest.java:1638)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.retrieveServerReply(GenericRequest.java:1481)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.execute(GenericRequest.java:1190)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.run(GenericRequest.java:1081)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.AdventureRequest.run(AdventureRequest.java:212)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread.postRequest(RequestThread.java:73)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLAdventure.run(KoLAdventure.java:915)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread.postRequest(RequestThread.java:103)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafia.executeAdventureOnce(KoLmafia.java:1416)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafia.executeRequestOnce(KoLmafia.java:1434)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafia.executeRequest(KoLmafia.java:1327)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafia.makeRequest(KoLmafia.java:1212)

This happened to me against a rampaging adding machine.

Actually, there are a lot of times when mafia hangs, waiting for an autoattack that will never come, even in the relay browser. I was just about to report it myself.

edit: grrARGH it happened again against Neil. i was automating this time.

Last edited:
Okay. This is annoying. Sometimes a hang like this breaks Mafia (Neil, above), but sometimes you can hijack it and recover (CARNIVORE operative, just now), and I have no idea what the difference is.