When I'm adventuring in the relay browser, what can I do to stop the mini browser...

...from popping up? It's extremely annoying. On certain choice adventures, such as from roachform or the tent in hobopolis, it will pop up over my Firefox window. Every time.

Theraze

If your choiceadventure setting is put to show in browser, and you click auto, you'll get the mini-browser. Or are you getting these as you're manually adventuring in the relay browser?

If your choiceadventure setting is put to show in browser, and you click auto, you'll get the mini-browser. Or are you getting these as you're manually adventuring in the relay browser?

Correct. The choice for them isn't even set to show in browser, for instance my town square settings have everything set to skip.

Grotfang

Developer
Do you have those choiceAdventure(s) set to anything in your prefs file?

To clarify: have you checked that the choice adventures appear at all in your prefs file?

I never touch my prefs file, I have no idea how to read it. Is there a reason its settings would be different than what are shown in mafia's interface?

Theraze

In certain cases, defaults aren't actually set... though it may say 'Show in browser', if its actual setting is null, it will trigger an error (which can be seen in the gCLI when you have that adventure happen) and spawn a mini-browser window. I tried to work through fixing some of them before, but it's probable that we either missed some, or new adventures have been spawned. :)

Grotfang

Developer
As one example, I know the later tent options aren't included in defaults. I had a look at them a while back (when you mentioned it) but am unlikely to change anything. I'm currently working on a personal java project and mafia chat is about all of this software I consider myself well versed with. Adventure handling will come later for me!

Deathless Assassin:

Go into settings/<name>_prefs.txt.

dir.png

Scroll down to the list of things called "choiceAdventure#".

Then look up on the KoL wiki which choice adventures you are having the mini-browser appear in.

For example, the tent non-combat in hobopolis would be "Attention -- A Tent!":

tent.png

In the top right corner, see where it says "Choice adventure number: 225"? KoLmafia uses the same numbers. Go back to your prefs file and look up (in this example) choiceAdventure225:

prefs.png

You can see mine is set to "3". This equates to "Just leave, Steve" in Attention -- A Tent!. "0" is always to show in mini-browser, then "1" upwards depends on the choice adventure itself.

Beneath 225, see 226 and 227. These are the choice adventures for if you go into the tent in the back or the front, respectively. Neither of these are set as a default -- I added them manually.

Find the choice adventure numbers you are getting the mini-browser appear in, and let me know how the appear in your prefs file (or if they appear at all).

Hope this is useful. Many thanks.

Last edited: