Mafia slows down computer

muttonchoppe

My friend is finding that using mafia causes her whole computer to slow down. She has this issue on multiple computers (XP and Windows 7), so I'm wondering if mafia is fighting with one of her Firefox addons. Any suggestions, or should I come back after spending a few hours messing with the browsers?

Theraze

Could try setting IE as the browser for the relay or something like that, if she's using the relay browser and FF, see if it still has the problem? I actually run the IE 64-bit for my relay browser, just because it's less likely to conflict with anything else. :)

zarqon

It might be the Wiki if she opens that when she plays -- I can't open the Wiki without it slowing down my machine due to some of the targeted flash ads (which evidently are programmed to consume 100% of my CPU resources while enticing me to play some online game -- like I would ever play a game with such a malicious ad).

Winterbay

Which is why I use the flashblock-plugin for FF. It stops the flash from loading unless I tell it to do so, which is great for sites with lots of flash heavy ads :)

zarqon

They have an 11 now? I thought I had autoupdating on but I'm still at 10.63. Haven't restarted my computer in weeks though.

*giddily runs off to install Opera 11*

EDIT: Oh, it's an alpha. Still, looks awesome though.

Last edited: