How to configure one-click wossname?

Drkirre

As stated in the thread, I haven't the foggiest how to go about this.. I've found my vars_DrKirre.txt file, but none of the variables it says to change are in there. In fact, it's pretty darn.. empty. I've ascended a few times using the various ascend.ash bits, but for the life of me I can't configure, well, ANY of it. I've read the readmes, checked the helpfiles, and either am completely blind or stupid or SOMETHING 'cause I can't figure this out. x.x

slyz

Developer
You should run Wossname.ash once (and maybe stop it immediately), this will create the various ZLib settings.
To configure them, instead of editing your vars_DrKirre.txt file, you can do it through the gCLI. Type zlib vars to see a list of your variables, and zlib <name> = <value> to change a setting. You can also look in the forums for a zlib variable Relay Browser editor.

Drkirre

Nope, no luck.. I ran it manually, bupkiss for results. I deleted vars_drkirre and then re-ran it manually; zilch. Typing in zlib vars gets absolutely nothing, too.. I'll attach a screenie of the results. Or lack thereof.

Drkirre

I have done it a level higher, though.. thing is, I've ran it at level 4 times now; first in my pastamancer run that I was in before starting a nemesis loop, than once each in SC, TT, and PM again; it's never created any of the aforementioned variables, not even once..

Theraze

Never had a problem myself... Two suggestions... one, try it again when you're level 12+. Two, try doing
zlib verbosity = 3
and run Wossname again. A lot of people are getting 0 verbosity bits, so displays aren't working right for them right now. If it's still bad, a screenshot of that would be appreciated. :)

Drkirre

Okay! Activated the verbosity thingy, which upon running wossname (at level 12), gave me a big red WARNING! Your version is outdated! thingy. So now using the updated version, and... WOOT! All the variables are there! It's all there! HUZZAH! :D Thanks for the verbosity thing, it led directly to success!!

Theraze

Excellent! Also, if your Wossname was outdated, check manually (open in text editor or something) if zlib is up to date. It doesn't report when it's out of date when called from other scripts, so there's a random spattering of people with massively out of date zlibs and no easy automated way to know. :) Should say:
#/******************************************************************************
# ZLib : 20
# supporting functions for scripts
#*******************************************************************************