Page 546 of 548 FirstFirst ... 46 446 496 536 544 545 546 547 548 LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,460 of 5472

Thread: bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

There is so much in that post, Timbatim! Are you familiar with the preferences script called simply "bumcheekascend"? If you look in your browser window you should see a pull-down menu over to the right, at the top, that says "run script". Choose bumcheekascend, and there are a few dozen preferences you can select. One of those being "bcasc_ROFL Set to true if you want to do the Baron's quest even though it is no longer a required quest". Flip that switch to "false" and that's half your problem solved. The other half is your CCS, probably. Make sure that auto-attack is not set (or that it is set to CCS, and that you don't have the adding machine targeted for assassination in there somewhere). You might want to check your choice settings within mafia as well, I find some of them will bend nicely to the will of BCA, while others just don't, for whatever reason.

Leveling, bca preference - level with clovers, without, don't/use temple to level...there are a few settings for that too. Sometimes bca will want to level when all you need is hair spray or a change of gear. It's not perfect, but it sure is a damned sight better than trying to all this manually!

You should check your auto-recovery settings, or alternatively, maybe check out Bale's Universal Recovery script. I'm sure someone will be along shortly with more/better info, and possibly a link.

For the familiars you'd have to go into the data file, find the relevant familiar lists, and do a little editing. You can also choose your main familiar in the relay browser script thingitz I mentioned above (I know, I'm *so* damned technical).

Good luck in your run!

Snooty thank you, I was aware of the option menu, but I overlooked the rofl switch!
    I have set the space buddy to 100%, it will take longer, but probably the survivability is better with extra regeneration.

Actually, I had Bales recovery script installed a few months ago, but somehow it had a formatting problem and generated a whole lot of garbage-text.
    One session log is normally about 160kb and blew up to 10mb every day. I had them deleted sometime, but it should work better now, anyway

When you have an issue with a script, it's a good idea to check that thread. Others might have posted before you about the same issue. If not, you should make a post so the creator knows there's a problem so they can fix it! If they're still updating their stuff, of course.

A page or two back in this thread Osobayasan (I think) details adjusting familiar use within the familiar data files. Maybe check for that instead of resigning yourself to a 100% run? Up to you!!

I've been running this after buying this years IoTY (the + item + hp/mp Garbage Fire), but the script keeps changing to my Gravy Fairy Familiar; and I do have my Fire set as default. Even if I was hunting for items I'd never want to change from the Fire to the Fairy. I'm guessing it just hasn't been updated with this IoTY yet, so just letting you know about this issue.

I've never been able to do the run in 4-5 days. Are there settings I'm missing out on?

https://i.imgur.com/OzgX2Yf.png

I do have lots of skills and some IOTMs.
    Last edited by deMorphine; 02-08-2018 at 05:39 AM.

I've never been able to do the run in 4-5 days. Are there settings I'm missing out on?

https://i.imgur.com/OzgX2Yf.png

I do have lots of skills and some IOTMs.
    Originally Posted by deMorphine View Post
    I'm not currently using BCA, but I think the first stage would be to go over some of your run logs and see why it's taking so long to finish runs. You can also watch it as it runs- maybe it got stuck in a loop? Maybe it isn't eating (effectively)? For one thing- I see your most used familiar is a smiling rat (AKA basic volleyball). If you have a better stat familiar, you might want to make BCA use that over the rat.

Is there any way to remove a Fairy from the familiar list it uses? It keeps changing to it even when I have another (better) +item familiar set as my default.

Much to my surprise it burned a lot of turns below decks that were not necessary. As near as I can tell, I ran it and then it stopped because there were no adventures. I consumed and then restarted. At the restart it was looking for +1 gaudy key, but as near as I can tell there was one gaudy key and one snakehead charrrm in inventory. autoCreate was on so I don't know whether mafia missed an opportunity or the script did, but since the script did set the goal I'm posting here :-)
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

(A) fix / explanation for G-Lover

print("BCC: Getting and dealing with the Cap'm's Map.", "purple");
    if (i_a("Cap'm Caronch's Map") == 0)
    bumAdv($location[Barrrney's Barrr], "+outfit swashbuckling getup", "", "1 Cap'm Caronch's Map", "", "Getting the Cap'm's Map", "consultBarrr");

if(my_path() == "G-Lover") {
    abort("BCC: G-Lover can't use Cap'm Caronch's Map.");
    }

So bumcheekcity hasn't logged in here since 2014 and winterbay since 2016. Is someone else maintaining this now?