bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Theraze

Heh. Not a problem. That's just the usual issue with equipment not happening - people have told the script to not run equipment and then they wonder why it doesn't.
If you want it to run properly in SC or Casual, either have before battle scripts to verify the proper equipment in the proper areas, or make sure it's set to run SC as HC. Either should help bring success.

But yes, I've run both the secret and normal routes for the manor, in both SC and HC, and neither one gets stuck for me, so... need a LOT more information about what might be happening to solve a problem that I haven't ever experienced despite over a hundred ascensions using the script...

laharre

I seem to be having an odd problem that hopefully you can help me with. I'm not sure if it's mafia or bumcheek, but it seems to be initiating when I load bumcheek so I figured I'd check with you first. My "use tokens" preference gets checked whenever I run the script. If I turn it back off, the next time I run the script it activates again.
> call scripts\bumcheekascend.ash

BCC: IMPORTANT - You have not specified whether you would like to do the war as a frat or a hippy. As a result, the script is assuming you will be doing it as a frat, doing the Arena, Junkyard and Beach. Visit the following page to download a script to help you change these settings. http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?t=5470
Countdown: 5 seconds...
Countdown: 4 seconds...
Countdown: 3 seconds...
Countdown: 2 seconds...
Countdown: 1 second...
Waiting completed.
******************************************************************************************
******************************************************************************************
Thankyou for using bumcheekcity's ascension script. Please report all bugs on the KoLMafia thread with a copy+paste from the CLI of the problematic points, and your username. Also ask on the thread on the kolmafia.us forum for help and assistance with the script, particularly first time problems, and issues setting it up.

BCC: Ensuring that warnings that you don't have enough stats are disabled.
autoSatisfyWithCoinmasters => true
Ascending Starting

Theraze

It's true. It does. I don't think I did that. Change it in your copy if you like. Svn merge means it won't get changed for you if you do it right.

laharre

Silly question, but how would I do that? I didn't see tokens mentioned in the settings file for BCC. Do I have to edit the .ash itself?

Theraze

Edit both the ASH file in your scripts folder and the svn one. Or just the svn one and use svn sync to get it to go to your scripts folder. Either way.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
As a point of interest, I follow the advice in the relay script to enable moods. However on several recent runs I was finding I needed to call Micky Mantle daily because I did not have enough meat to restore MP. Disabling it solved he problem. The character in question has HC perm'd almost every skill in the game so there are a lot of buffs available. The advice to enable/disable moods probably needs to be a bit more nuanced as poor or highly skilled characters probably can't afford them :)

Theraze

Alternatively, just run 100% cocoabo. No meat problems. May be slower, but it's a cheap standard familiar that anyone can use.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Understanding that this is out of scope, the script fails in Avatar of Boris runs. It tries to equip a machete for the Hidden City, which of course Boris won't do. After manually clearing all five areas it continues to insist on a machete. I had to do the Hidden City tasks manually before the script would automate again.

Theraze

Not just that, but it also tries to fax for Knob outfit and various other useless bits, as well as trying to equip the machete while in fistcore.

Anyways, committed a bunch of changes that should make it work better with challenge paths that I've never run while being responsible for maintaining this script. :)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Not just that, but it also tries to fax for Knob outfit and various other useless bits, as well as trying to equip the machete while in fistcore.

Anyways, committed a bunch of changes that should make it work better with challenge paths that I've never run while being responsible for maintaining this script. :)

Thank you. For some nonsense reason I decided a multi needed summon sandwich so I have a couple more Boris runs...

Theraze

At some point, I'll probably go back for missing factoids on characters that only got Manuel after the paths were done. At that point, I will likely tweak BCA for those paths.

Until then, it's on bug reports. :)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Boris again. Tried to equip a scalpel for the Hidden Hospital. Probably wired into the script because the maximizer did not suggest it when maximizing surgeonoisty.

bcasc_defaultFamiliar Type the name of the familiar you want to use by default.
Is that nickname, or species name? i.e. if I want to use my Machine Elf, do I type "Machine Elf" or "Chara"? Or does it work both ways?

Incidentally, the script tripped over something at the Twin Peak and tried to do the mystery-solving thing during a Hallowiener Dog adventure.

[394] Twin Peak
Encounter: Wooof! Wooooooof!
Submitting option 4 for choice 1106
Took choice 1106/4: unknown
choice.php?whichchoice=1106&option=4&pwd
Encounter: Wooof! Wooooooof!
Submitting option 1 for choice 1106
Took choice 1106/1: gain stats
choice.php?whichchoice=1106&option=1&pwd
(After this it threw an error into the CLI that didn't get saved in the log for some reason but it basically just said "something went wrong while solving the Twin Peak mystery, please paste this into the thread")

eta: This also seems incorrect.
[522] The Hidden Temple
Encounter: Fitting In
BCC: We have not completed the stage [nostril].
choiceAdventure582 => 1
Encounter: Such Great Heights
You lose an effect: Stone-Faced (0)

Last edited:
Being able to name multiple familiars the same thing and then do... something... was one of the vague things that came to mind. Presumably some usage case for randomly choosing a familiar from a user-specific set. Most of the specific examples I can think of are already possible by just hard-coding familiars into whatever script you're working with.