bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I just have that in my preAscension script, since there's always the chance of more whiskers after ascending, if there's a PvP mini or some other reason why it seems like a good idea.

And it doesn't autosell anything. Not sure where you're getting that from.

Is there a good reason why it should be in BCA, not in a kingLiberated or preAscension script?

Something autosells meat stacks and paste and I think one or two other things. It always happens when I run BCCA and nothing else so I attribute it to BCCA. If that is not true then Never Mind. If it is then we can keep reading.

My core problem is that BCCA will abort because there is not enough meat to buy something. But there are things in inventory that have no value in run that could be converted to meat, shiny stones being one example. So there times when I would not want BCCA to stop and force me to sell these things. I understand that people might not want shiny stones autosold and it is a lot of work for niche cases to make that configurable. But rat whiskers are something that AFAIK have no reason not to be sold, hence the FR. If there is a PvP mini or fear thereof in the future, that counts rat whiskers then this is not the good idea I thought it was. But in answer to the where question, its primary purpose would be to prevent BCCA from stopping due to lack of meat so it is an in run issue and not an ascension issue. The problem could also be solved by an OCD Lite script that ran as a BBS and autosold things it had been configured to autosell.

Theraze

This is the extent of the sellJunk function.
Code:
void sellJunk() {	
	if (my_path() == "Way of the Surprising Fist") return;
	foreach i in $items[meat stack, dense meat stack, meat paste, magicalness-in-a-can, moxie weed, strongness elixir] {
		if (item_amount(i) > 0) autosell(item_amount(i), i);
	}
	foreach i in $items[Old coin purse, old leather wallet, black pension check, warm subject gift certificate, Penultimate Fantasy chest] {
		if (item_amount(i) > 0) use(item_amount(i), i);
	}
}
If you have additions to that, great. But we don't ever run the artist quest as part of BCA and it's been noted repeatedly that there is not a 'standard' time when those adventures are actually worth the expenditure in a fast run. As such, while the artist may be 'free' meat, you'll be better served by getting the 300 or 500 guaranteed outfit treasury meat for one adventure, rather than the ~400 meat for 3 adventures that the artist will net you.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
This is the extent of the sellJunk function.
Code:
void sellJunk() {	
	if (my_path() == "Way of the Surprising Fist") return;
	foreach i in $items[meat stack, dense meat stack, meat paste, magicalness-in-a-can, moxie weed, strongness elixir] {
		if (item_amount(i) > 0) autosell(item_amount(i), i);
	}
	foreach i in $items[Old coin purse, old leather wallet, black pension check, warm subject gift certificate, Penultimate Fantasy chest] {
		if (item_amount(i) > 0) use(item_amount(i), i);
	}
}
If you have additions to that, great. But we don't ever run the artist quest as part of BCA and it's been noted repeatedly that there is not a 'standard' time when those adventures are actually worth the expenditure in a fast run. As such, while the artist may be 'free' meat, you'll be better served by getting the 300 or 500 guaranteed outfit treasury meat for one adventure, rather than the ~400 meat for 3 adventures that the artist will net you.

Well at least I was correctly attributing the behavior to BCCA. My FR was carefully phrased because BCCA will not do the Artist's Quest. But it is possible to complete it manually and I have often found it gets completed as a side effect of doing other things that need to be done anyway. So if it is already done, and BCCA aborts because it needs meat I can spend zero adventures to turn in whiskers or one adventure in the Treasury, assuming the outfit has been completed. But since I seem to be the only one who thinks this is a good idea.... :)

Busta_Rhymes

Script seems to be stuck on the manor part. It makes me do the bathroom part of the quest when I've already completed it.

I am not very good with any of this script writing, but I found the below part of the script:

void bcs11() {
bcCouncil();

bcascMacguffinPrelim();
bcascMacguffinPalindome();
bcascHoleInTheSky();
if(!bcasc_bedroom) {
bcascManorBilliards();
bcascManorLibrary();
bcascManorBathroom();
bcascManorBedroom();
bcascManorGallery();
bcascManorBallroom();
}
bcascMacguffinSpooky();
bcascMacguffinPyramid();
bcascMacguffinHiddenCity();
bcascMacguffinFinal();

levelMe(125, true);
}

And deleted the lines that read

bcascManorBathroom();
bcascManorBedroom();
bcascManorGallery();

It seems to be working okay for now.

Theraze

Nah, you should just mark the stages as completed. Deleting parts of the script will break it for your next run, which is a very bad idea. Please do not complain to us that the script is broken after you start to delete parts of it. Thanks. :)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Just got to the tower stuff.

Did not defeat the dervish. Recognized something was wrong but didn't know what. Opportunity for improvement would be a slightly more useful message, but once I figured out I still had one contestant to deal with it took me several tries so it is unreasonable to expect the first iteration of a script to get it right.

"We can't beat the meat."
*snicker*

I think the core reason was because it was trying to keep some buffs up and there was no meat to do so. If I had turned moods off I expect it would have figured out what to do.

Out of adventures so more feedback tomorrow.

Theraze

The 'you passed/didn't pass the tests' message has been made more clear. :)

Yeah, I tried to make it abort if your adventuring didn't work for some reason, but I think that will only tag as failed if you don't have any way to cure beaten up, which most non-newbies will. I may need to try to detect if the combat had WINWINWIN and, if not, abort instead. Think I'll commit that and, if any more automated adventuring there fails, you can let me know. :)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The 'you passed/didn't pass the tests' message has been made more clear. :)

Yeah, I tried to make it abort if your adventuring didn't work for some reason, but I think that will only tag as failed if you don't have any way to cure beaten up, which most non-newbies will. I may need to try to detect if the combat had WINWINWIN and, if not, abort instead. Think I'll commit that and, if any more automated adventuring there fails, you can let me know. :)

*snicker* I did switch from requesting features that were only a Good Idea to me, to helping debug, didn't I? :)

Busta_Rhymes

Nah, you should just mark the stages as completed. Deleting parts of the script will break it for your next run, which is a very bad idea. Please do not complain to us that the script is broken after you start to delete parts of it. Thanks. :)

Thank you, I just found out how to do so in the thread. My manual attempts yesterday did not work.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Got through the tower after finishing meat manually. An acceptable first pass. Thank you.

Something is happening with checking the aliases on bcc's server. My guess is the domain registration has expired. gCLI output quoted verbatim but it looks like bccascend got a web page it was not expecting. Going directly to http://www.kolmafia.co.uk/ in a broswer also gets to parkingcrew.net.

BCC: Trying to check bcs_aliases on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Updating bcs_aliases.txt from '2013-09-22 12:14:37' to '<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><head> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/> <title></title> <link href="http://i.cdnpark.com/themes/assets/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" /> <link href="http://i.cdnpark.com/themes/registrar/style_he_domainbox.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" /> <script src="http://parkingcrew.net/jsparkcaf.php?regcn=493042" type="text/javascript"></script></head><body><div id="wrapper"> <!-- ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– --> <div id="twoclick" style="display: none;"> <div id="holder"> <div id="header"> <div class="width"> <h1 id="domaintitle"><a href="#">*</a></h1> </div> </div> <div id="main" class="width"> <div id="tc_holder"></div> </div> <div id="form" class="width"></div> </div> </div><!--twoclick--> <!-- ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– --> <!-- ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– --> <div id="oneclick" style="display: none"> <div id="header"> <div class="width"> <h1 id="domaintitle"><a href="#">*</a></h1> </div> </div> <div id="main" class="width"> <div id='ads'></div> <div id="sidebar"></div> <div id="form"></div> <div class="fix"></div> </div><!--main--> </div><!--onelick--> <!-- ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– --></div><!--wrapper--><div style="clear: both;"></div><div id="footer" class="width"> 2014 Copyright. All Rights Reserved. <br/><br/> The Sponsored Listings displayed above are served automatically by a third party. Neither Parkingcrew nor the domain owner maintain any relationship with the advertisers. In case of trademark issues please contact the domain owner directly (contact information can be found in whois).<br/><br/><a onclick="showPolicy();" href="javascript:void(0);">Privacy Policy</a></div><script type="text/javascript"> function showPolicy(){policywnd = window.open('http://www.parkingcrew.net/privacy_german.html','pcrew_policy','width=890,height=330,left=200,top=200,menubar=no,status=yes,toolbar=no');policywnd.focus();}</script></body></html>'...

Theraze

Okay, r580 should move the data files into the SVN. I've also tweaked the load_current_map file to just work off the local data file. I've commented out the server-load bits rather than deleting them, so it's easy to put back if we want to change it later. This does allow for better customization of personal changes in familiars without wiping them, though.

Theraze

Actually the script will automate Ed just fine, if you've sorted out your combat and health restoration. Note that like with regular BCA runs, no consumption is automated.

The one spot where it gets a bit sad is with the mining - it tends to need a few linen bandages to finish things off and I usually just manually take care of it to make it work faster. But that's luck based.

Theraze

So that's the next question... do we want to add the clover-mining to BCA or leave that on users to choose if they want to automate with a BBS or AAS?

Any other clover adventures we'd actually want to add? Currently, we clover-level, clover-sonar, clover-rock for LEW, and clover-box for servants.

Theraze

Nope. Nope. And kinda.

No wasted adventures farming meat or gold.
No buying for any special paths, just like any other special paths. Figure out what you want and buy it.
No, but mafia has this support naturally. If you set it properly.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
As noted above, the code to fetch the aliases is getting something else from bcc's server, although now the something else indicates the domain has expired. Perhaps the alises file should also be moved to svn? (I am cynically assuming bcc has lost interest in KoL since he does not seem to have been active here since Dec. 2014).

BCCA failed because it was trying to clover in Guano Junction for sonar but the character had no stench resistance. If it has to fail, and not just try and burn adventures getting a bum cheek (*snicker*) then at least it could tell me to get stench resistance and not the more generic "something has gone wrong".

Thanks.

Theraze

As noted above, the code to fetch the aliases is getting something else from bcc's server, although now the something else indicates the domain has expired. Perhaps the alises file should also be moved to svn?
Actually, it already was. It's just another of the 3 different 'load_current_map' versions, all of which was set to use local files instead.

BCCA failed because it was trying to clover in Guano Junction for sonar but the character had no stench resistance. If it has to fail, and not just try and burn adventures getting a bum cheek (*snicker*) then at least it could tell me to get stench resistance and not the more generic "something has gone wrong".
It should already have passed the stench resistance check to reach that part. If it failed, it was probably that during the stench check, it maximizes for 1000 stench res (over everything else) and during adventuring, it only maximizes for 10 stench res. I've set the adventuring stench res to the same as the testing, which should fix that.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Actually, it already was. It's just another of the 3 different 'load_current_map' versions, all of which was set to use local files instead.

I don't understand. As far as I can tell the HTML it is dumping to my screen is not in a local file anywhere so it is fetching something, not grabbing a local copy that is logically corrupt. As a philosophy I am OK with letting SVN manage versions. If a user allows SVN to update files then there is no reason for the script to also check for the file. If the user disallows SVN for some reason then I am OK with letting them deal with the consequences of their decision and I actually get annoyed when a script ignores my preferences and checks for updates anyway. But that is me...

It should already have passed the stench resistance check to reach that part. If it failed, it was probably that during the stench check, it maximizes for 1000 stench res (over everything else) and during adventuring, it only maximizes for 10 stench res. I've set the adventuring stench res to the same as the testing, which should fix that.

Thanks. I think I will be able to test tomorrow.