bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

pasta angel

Sorry for the reply, too many posts to read through.

Does this still work as a hands-off ascension script? I only have 2 IOTMS (Deck and Chateau) but really want to start to ascend more. I've slowed down a lot to farm meat/items but also don't get the time to play much, so an automated script would be so helpful :)

I have installed it but hesitant to start it

Winterbay

You will need to eating and drinking yourself or setup some kind of wrapper script around BCA and Eatdrink. But other than that it'll go perfectly well, especially in a non-pathed HC run.

pasta angel

Well so far so good. It did abort after a while with an error about Icy Peaks, but restarted the script and carried on fine. All I had to do was food/drink/spleen as well as my deck of cards (but to be honest i enjoy these parts)

No idea how it plays out each adventure but I would imagine it's one of those 'optimal' runs :)

Winterbay

Well, it is recommended to set up a Custom Combat Script that can handle all combats. I myself use WHAM, but then I am a bit biased since I wrote it :)

JohnDoe244

I also use WHAM, and if I'm biased it's because WHAM is an excellent script. (Though my CCS does fire special actions and a stun before running WHAM to smooth out niche cases.)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I am sad to report that BCCA still has problems with Lady Spook. I ran BCCA with no manual turns until it stopped and told me I had to open the ballroom myself. That was interesting because it used to both figure out that was needed and do it. As instructed I manually got the dancing clothes and danced. (I am pretty sure I did NOT meet on the third floor). I ran BCCA again and it burned all available turns in the bathroom looking for the finery. I set the various bcca_stage variables to the current ascension, re-ran and it is back on track.

Theraze

Well, that is exactly what we told you not to do, since you left KoL in the state where there is no LSR quest at all... :(

If you complete the dance and do NOT go visit LSR on the third floor, all LSR quests disappear from the quest log on all tabs. And since all of the quest objects are gone at that point, we can't really tell what's happened, except by lots of server hits. It's just a server hit or three, yes, but we need to do it over and over and over again, whether or not it's actually needed.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Well, that is exactly what we told you not to do, since you left KoL in the state where there is no LSR quest at all... :(

If you complete the dance and do NOT go visit LSR on the third floor, all LSR quests disappear from the quest log on all tabs. And since all of the quest objects are gone at that point, we can't really tell what's happened, except by lots of server hits. It's just a server hit or three, yes, but we need to do it over and over and over again, whether or not it's actually needed.

Well I have been told not to do so many things that I forget. That said, since I was trying to run the script exclusively it does generate an emotion in me that is inappropriate for freeware maintained as a labor of love for the community that the script never even tried to run the quests and open the ballroom since I seem to remember that it used to.

Point about visiting the third floor noted - although I might have remembered if the text told me to visit Lady S on the third floor instead of just opening the Ballroom.

But in the current state BCCA's apparent failure to recognize completion external to the script is definitely my fault.

:)

Theraze

Yeah... not sure why it's failed to do the ballroom unlock for you. Might be some Mr. A-spawned boost that causes the high failure rates, since I have two (I think... might be three) unique Mr A items. And not-me people seem to have the problems with some frequency, though I might have had one unlock failure like that in ~200 ascensions. Maybe. I think it happened once.

Anyways, at some point, I'll try to shift from using BCA-controlled preferences to mafia-controlled preferences. That means tons of wasted server hits if you play on multiple machines and happen to leave LSR exactly where you left her, since mafia won't be able to detect which stage the quest is on from the quest log, and so we won't be able to use mafia's knowledge, since it won't exist, but with a bunch of wasted hits on all levels of the manor, we should be able to detect that it's done.

Really wish KoL would fix that bug where the quest entirely disappears - if it showed up as completed when you complete the second floor, then this whole problem wouldn't exist. But KoL has decided that they would rather we waste server hits rather than fix it, so... :(

AssHandy

I'm not sure if this is BCA bug or a maximiser bug.

BCA is equipping the Victor, Hand-puppet, despite string in maximiser being: "0 beeosity, mainstat 999999999 max, .25 item power, weapon damage, +10 spell damage, +mysticality experience +5 mp regen min +5 mp regen max, .5 hp, +outfit swashbuckling getup -equip hilarious comedy prop 0.0 random monster modifiers"

I'm in an AoJarlsberg run.

Ascending Starting
Conditions list cleared.
Level 1 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild] and need to set it as so.
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild].
BCC: We have completed the stage [knob].
BCC: levelMe(5, true) called.
Level 2 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage spookyforest
BCC: levelMe(8, true) called.
Level 3 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage tavern
BCC: levelMe(13, true) called.
Level 4 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats1].
BCC: We have completed the stage [meatcar].
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats2].
BCC: We have completed the stage [8bit].
BCC: levelMe(20, true) called.
Level 5 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [knobking].
BCC: We have completed the stage [dinghy].
BCC: We have completed the stage [manorbilliards].
BCC: levelMe(29, true) called.
Level 6 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [friars].
BCC: We have completed the stage [knobking].
BCC: We have completed the stage [friarssteel].
BCC: We have completed the stage [manorlibrary].
BCC: levelMe(40, true) called.
Level 7 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [friarssteel].
BCC: We have completed the stage [cyrpt].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [innaboxen].
BCC: We've already got Clovers Today
BCC: Going to try to get a bartender.
BCC: There was a problem getting the box.
BCC: We have completed the stage [manorlibrary].
BCC: We have completed the stage [manorbathroom].
BCC: We have completed the stage [manorbedroom].
BCC: We have completed the stage [manorgallery].
BCC: We have completed the stage [manorballroom].
BCC: levelMe(53, true) called.
Level 8 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage Trapper
BCC: We have not completed the stage [piratefledges].
BCC: Maximizing '+outfit swashbuckling getup'
Maximizing...
196 combinations checked, best score 1,029.61
Mind control device already at 0
BCC: levelMe(112, false) called.
Cleared mood.
Set mood trigger: When I get Just the Best Anapests, uneffect just the best anapests
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Glittering Eyelashes, use 5 glittery mascara
Mood swing complete.
Maximizing...
Maximizing...
BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
BCC: Setting the default familiar to your choice of 'Puck Man'.
You don't have a Puck Man for a familiar.
Cleared mood.
Set mood trigger: When I get Just the Best Anapests, uneffect just the best anapests
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Glittering Eyelashes, use 5 glittery mascara
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: Adventuring one turn at a time to get 7 insults. Currently, we have 4 insults.
Mood swing complete.

Fluxxdog

Found something:
Code:
You acquire an item: Shakespeare's Sister's Accordion
Successfully created Shakespeare's Sister's Accordion (1)
BCC: Getting an Accordion before we start.
From the looks of the code, line 6500:
Code:
	if (my_class() == $class[Accordion Thief] && i_a("stolen accordion") == 0 && i_a("Rock and Roll Legend") == 0 && i_a("Squeezebox of the Ages") == 0 && i_a("The Trickster's Trikitixa") == 0) {
		print("BCC: Getting an Accordion before we start.", "purple");
		while (i_a("stolen accordion") == 0) use(1, $item[chewing gum on a string]);
	}
...it's just trying to make sure you have an accordion, but I can't tell why. If all you need is an accordion, it could be changed to:
Code:
	if (!maximize("accordion,-tie",true)) {
		print("BCC: Getting an Accordion before we start.", "purple");
		while (i_a("stolen accordion") == 0) use(1, $item[chewing gum on a string]);
	}

Theraze

Trying to make sure that you have an accordion for casting buffs, I'd assume. Predates me. But that seems like a reasonable (and future-proofing) change. Will try to do that after lunch if nobody else has. Need to validate - think it might need a type thrown in there or something to make sure that it checks properly.

For that matter, can you cast from an accordion you can't wield yet? Could just as simply use turns per cast and skip ANY server hits - no reason to equip the accordion if we're just testing.

pasta angel

I sometimes get the error message 'You need 1 more soft green echo eyedrop antidote to continue' and now getting an error Unknown Adventure #395 = adventure.php?snarfblat=395&confirm=on then the script aborts

as well as this:

BCC: We have 2 clovers and are using one to level.
Using 1 disassembled clover...
You acquire an item: ten-leaf clover
Finished using 1 disassembled clover.
Unknown Adventure #395 = adventure.php?snarfblat=395&confirm=on
Conditions list cleared.
Checking for familiar 'Pair of Stomping Boots' where x=1
Checking for familiar 'slimeling' where x=2
Mood swing complete.
That area is not available.

BCC: You aborted, so so am I. This abort may have been caused by a rogue condition not being met. If this is unexpected, please paste the CLI output, as well as the results of typing 'condition check' without the quotes, into the mafia CLI window now.

Here is my session log if it helps.

View attachment pasta_angel_20150918.txt

xKiv

For that matter, can you cast from an accordion you can't wield yet? Could just as simply use turns per cast and skip ANY server hits - no reason to equip the accordion if we're just testing.

When I am AT, I get zombie accordion's durations as soon as I pull it from hagnk's, at least in aftercore a few weeks ago. That's with ~150 moxie, for an accordion that requires 250 moxie.

Theraze

When I am AT, I get zombie accordion's durations as soon as I pull it from hagnk's, at least in aftercore a few weeks ago. That's with ~150 moxie, for an accordion that requires 250 moxie.

Good enough. If someone can verify that mafia is aware that unequippable accordions can still be used for casting, that would be great. A simple turns_per_cast ode to booze, if they remember on an AT ascension? Thanks! If it isn't known by mafia yet, we should New Content that, since I'd expect it's based on the new content of a few years back that makes it not care about your equipped gear anymore and just picks the best.

I'll try to get the script updated to avoid server hits and still be aware of all accordions soon. :)

I sometimes get the error message 'You need 1 more soft green echo eyedrop antidote to continue' and now getting an error Unknown Adventure #395 = adventure.php?snarfblat=395&confirm=on then the script aborts

I'll take a peek at your log, but my expectation on all of these is that you have exactly 0 health, no method to cure beaten up, the script is trying to heal before clover leveling in the Ballroom, and fails to restore any health. Because of this, it can't adventure. Hence it receives an unknown adventure - not because there IS an adventure, but because it returned a message telling you to heal before you could go there.

The 'fix' will probably be to throw aborts into the clover level sections to tell you to get some health before re-running the script. Or we could simply throw in a if (my_hp() < 1) restore_hp(1); before adventuring. Preference?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The 'fix' will probably be to throw aborts into the clover level sections to tell you to get some health before re-running the script. Or we could simply throw in a if (my_hp() < 1) restore_hp(1); before adventuring. Preference?

When automation at any cost was my goal I set everything I could to continue in the face of failure and then handled BeatenUp in a mood that called a script that tried everything I bothered to think of and then rested until beaten up was gone. I think I would prefer if (my_hp() < 1) restore_hp(1); before adventuring so long as that really means adventuring for stats with clovers.

I have also seen a couple cases where BCCA tried to level in something (Gallery?) that it had not opened yet.

Theraze

I have also seen a couple cases where BCCA tried to level in something (Gallery?) that it had not opened yet.

The unlock checks for the second floor zones now all use the official mafia quest steps rather than the BCA preferences, and I think it was several months ago that I removed the "if you're above 120 primestat, consider the clover zones to be unlocked always" logic. So... if this is still happening, need more information.