bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

taltamir

So bumcheekcity hasn't logged in here since 2014 and winterbay since 2016. Is someone else maintaining this now?
This is completely dead. The last update seems to have been in jun 2013 (a bit hard to determine exact date), which is 5 months before the major skill revamp that changed a lot of skills and doubled the amount of skills available.

Not to mention that automating an entire ascension is a massively difficult undertaking (you have plenty of bugs in scripts that try to automate one single quest or zone).

edit: I derped. bumcheek might have stopped updating but someone else has been maintaining it until 2017

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Interesting conclusion, since the latest update I see on sourceforge was December 2017.

I saw that too but SourceForge wasn't cooperating and I didn't have the time to chase that down to the point where I could tell who made the update. My comment was an attempt to flush that person out before I sorted SourceForge out.

taltamir

This doesn't seem to want to change from the default outfit. Even when necessary.
I just noticed it spent over 100 adv on failing to get the wine bomb because it refuses to equip the unstable fulminate. And then it went to the desert where it wouldn't equip the UV compass. Also unequips detect boring doors ring in favor of default outfit when going into daily dungeon.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
This doesn't seem to want to change from the default outfit. Even when necessary.
I just noticed it spent over 100 adv on failing to get the wine bomb because it refuses to equip the unstable fulminate. And then it went to the desert where it wouldn't equip the UV compass. Also unequips detect boring doors ring in favor of default outfit when going into daily dungeon.

What are you calling the "default outfit" and how are you specifying it? Presumably you have set bcasc_dontTouchStuff to false since, if not, that could explain much of what you report.

taltamir

What are you calling the "default outfit" and how are you specifying it?
I mean instruction number 3
  1. Set bcasc_defaultCasualAction to "item tattered scrap of paper" or similar.
  2. Set bcasc_doCasualAsHC to "false".
  3. Make a custom outfit called "bumcheekascend" for your ascending. I recommend some +elemental damage and a MP/HP regen element, and importantly a lot of +moxie.[/code]
As per instruction number 3, I created a custom outfit named bumcheekascend. The script automatically wears it and refuses to change it.
Also as per the script itself, trying to run it without an outfit defined for general uses makes it complain.
--------
Presumably you have set bcasc_dontTouchStuff to false since, if not, that could explain much of what you report.
Indeed it is set to false.
If it was true it would explain things, but it isn't so there is something deeper going on here.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
OK. Those instructions are for a "one day casual run" which I have never attempted with bcca. I have no recollection of defining an outfit or having problems with bcca swapping as needed in HC or SC.

taltamir

OK. Those instructions are for a "one day casual run" which I have never attempted with bcca. I have no recollection of defining an outfit or having problems with bcca swapping as needed in HC or SC.
Same instruction is given for softcore
Softcore Information
The script will equip a custom outfit of your choice, if you call it "bumcheekascend". It will use your CCS and a VERY limited amount of pulls. Please note that without the outfit called "bumcheekascend", it'll probably fail VERY badly. Just pull your IOTMs turn 1, put the JuJu mask in the first accessory slot and spend one turn to get the mainstat JuJu buff. The script will pull a limited amount of items, but not many.
This says the script will fail very badly if you do not create for it an outfit calkled buncheekascend.

I was doing a softcore run, so i created such an outfit. Which worked out quite well for kill stuff. Just got stuck in places where it needs to intentionally wear something else to progress

Valliant

It's a new world, and pirates care not for the talisman'o'nam any more. Does anyone who's worked on the script know how much work there will be to switch the script over to the other route?