bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Theraze

What we're doing to avoid potentially leaving their clover state inconsistent if we abort halfway through the adventure, either through a problem or them mashing the escape key, is not changing their preferred clover settings and simply using visit_url instead.
As we are using visit_url, that goes directly to the proper for the adventure. We could potentially NOT make the clover "exception" since we're using visit_url if Mafia doesn't try to protect users during visit_url hits, only during adventure requests.
Setting confirm1 is only useful if we're in the relay browser and mafia gets interruption time - not during visit_url attempts when we go straight to our target.
All correct?

All this is unrelated to pasta angel's problems?

Edit: It would be good to make the session log nicer. If removing the confirm will fix the logging without triggering clover protection, great. But that isn't pasta's problem. We've spun way out into the weeds.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I keep hearing talk of people "mashing their escape key" - even though we supposedly removed the need for that a long time ago. Not that the people who like "mashing" have verified that it is or is not fixed.

You can always reset the preference in a finally clause and therefore not have to worry about "leaving the clover state inconsistent". It's just a matter of correctly using the programming tools you have available to you.

Theraze

Unless it's changed, you can escape a 'finally' clause by continuing to mash the escape key. I did it several times in the past and caused myself worlds of confusion as to why my finally hadn't protected me.

xKiv

All this is unrelated to pasta angel's problems?

Depends. Was "That area is not available." because it really wasn't available, or was that an artefact of "Unknown Adventure"? I don't see any actual clovering happening in that log.

Unless it's changed, you can escape a 'finally' clause by continuing to mash the escape key. I did it several times in the past and caused myself worlds of confusion as to why my finally hadn't protected me.

Part of the "ugly" I mentioned :(

Probably not solvable without making ASH support "local" changes to properties natively, somehow :/

Last edited:

pasta angel

I have no idea what it was, i now however am level 13 and the script has been adventuring non stop in the haunted bathroom. I have 150 toilet roll, 137 gob of wet hair and 111 fancy bath salts!!

Theraze

Con...gratulations? Wild guess - you completed the manor floor 2 quest, didn't start the third floor quest and so, despite the script checking both current and completed quests for Lady Spookyraven, it doesn't find either of them in there because it's in the magical KoL hole where quests go to lurk.

That one is a known current bug when people manually complete the second floor. The quick fix is to just start the third floor quest which takes no turns.

Theraze

Yeah, one of the "soon" things is converting from the personal self-quest tracking to mafia's official quest tracking for Spookyraven. But as I realized yesterday, it's been two months since I've actually ascended. Ugh.

We've got 6 hours until rollover. If I manage to finish my normal farm-runs today with at least 2 or 3 hours left, I'll run them through ascensions today. CS just made me not want to ascend. Oh well.

Theraze

Okay, messed up and missed a few trophies. Oops. Got to test the visit_url clover bit and, as expected, confirm is not needed because mafia doesn't get to protect against that. Removed clover confirm-fails from bathole, clover-level, etc.

Fluxxdog

Found a bug:
Code:
[480] Twin Peak
Encounter: Wooof! Wooooooof!
Submitting option 1 for choice 1106
You gain 5 Muscleboundness
You gain 2 Magicalness
You gain 4 Roguishness
Verifying ingredients for jar of oil (1)...
You acquire an item: jar of oil
Successfully created jar of oil (1)
I have my default for 1106 set to choice 2. BCA is overriding it, thinking it's a Twin Peak adventure.

Edit: Also found this:
Code:
0 beeosity, mainstat 999999999 max, .25 item power, weapon damage, ranged damage, +effective +moxie experience +0.5 mp regen min +0.5 mp regen max, .5 hp, +equip amulet of extreme plot significance, +equip titanium assault umbrella, +melee 0.0 random monster modifiers
Not sure if it's a mafia bug or just counter-intended, but an Accordion Thief trying to equip +melee and +effective will always fail as of r16402. I'm going to go mention something in the Bug Reports forum.

Last edited:

Ferdawoon

So, I did some runs during my vacation now, but once back home I had missed to bring with me the datafiles for BCA. Realizing it on the train home I tried what would happen if I ran the script back home and it did not recognize that the Spooky Forrest part is finished.

It is there among the completed quests, but it seems the script does not check for it when running fresh while i the middle of an Ascension.
(at the moment I'm lvl8 and on the Trapper + Cyrpt quest)

Also, could we get some form of sticky with basic commands like how to auto-set events as completed? =S
It is embarrassing that I always have to ask someone how to do it.

EDIT:
Managed to find it in an old facebook conversation with Winterbay but..
Testing both forest and spookyforest and it still go there.
Code:
> ash set_property("bcasc_stage_spookyforest", my_ascensions());

bcasc_stage_spookyforest => 247
Returned: void

> ash set_property("bcasc_stage_forest", my_ascensions());

bcasc_stage_forest => 247
Returned: void

This is what happens each time =S
Code:
> call scripts\bumcheekascend.ash

******************************************************************************************
******************************************************************************************
Thankyou for using bumcheekcity's ascension script. Please report all bugs on the KoLMafia thread with a copy+paste from the CLI of the problematic points, and your username. Also ask on the thread on the kolmafia.us forum for help and assistance with the script, particularly first time problems, and issues setting it up. 

BCC: Ensuring that warnings that you don't have enough stats are disabled.
Ascending Starting
Conditions list cleared.
Level 1 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild].
BCC: We have completed the stage [knob].
BCC: levelMe(5, true) called.
Level 2 Starting
BCC: Maximizing ''
Maximizing...
32 combinations checked, best score 269.84
BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
Spleen: 12 Agua: 0 Stick: 0 Token: 0 Grease: 0 Dream Jar: 0 Fairy Tale: 1 Powdered Gold: 0
Total Spleen: 16
BCC: Nothing to fax according to whatShouldIFax
Cleared mood.
Cleared mood.
Set mood trigger: When I get Just the Best Anapests, uneffect just the best anapests
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Go Get 'Em, Tiger!, use 5 Ben-Gal™ Balm
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Patience of the Tortoise, cast 1 Patience of the Tortoise
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Seal Clubbing Frenzy, cast 1 Seal Clubbing Frenzy
BCC: Need less combat, brave Sir Robin!
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Smooth Movements, cast 1 Smooth Movement
Set mood trigger: When I run low on The Sonata of Sneakiness, cast 1 The Sonata of Sneakiness
Set mood trigger: When I get Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation, uneffect Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation
Casting Smooth Movement 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Smooth Movements (10)
Smooth Movement was successfully cast.
Casting The Sonata of Sneakiness 1 times...
You acquire an effect: The Sonata of Sneakiness (5)
The Sonata of Sneakiness was successfully cast.
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing complete.
BCC: Let's get a Tree-Holed Coin
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: Setting goals of '1 choiceadv'...
Condition added: Choices Left: 1
BCC: We should set the MCD if we can.
BCC: We CAN set the MCD.
Mind control device already at 10

Restoring MP! Currently at 252 of 252 HP, 29 of 146 MP, current meat: 5303 ... Target MP = 52.
Purchasing Doc Galaktik's Invigorating Tonic (3 @ 85)...
You spent 255 Meat
You acquire Doc Galaktik's Invigorating Tonic (3)
Purchases complete.
Using 3 Doc Galaktik's Invigorating Tonic...
You gain 30 Muscularity Points
Finished using 3 Doc Galaktik's Invigorating Tonic.

Request 1 of 211 (Woods: The Spooky Forest) in progress...

[284] The Spooky Forest
Encounter: triffid
Strategy: C:\Users\bgustavs\Downloads\KoLMafia\KoLMafia\ccs\default.ccs [default]
Round 0: ferdawoon wins initiative!
(unable to macrofy due to action: consult WHAM.ash)
(unable to macrofy due to action: consult WHAM.ash)
WHAM: Running SmartStasis
WHAM: Starting evaluation and performing of attack
WHAM: We are going to 1-shot with attack with your weapon.
Round 1: ferdawoon executes a macro!
Round 1: ferdawoon attacks!
Round 2: triffid takes 177 damage.
Round 2: ferdawoon wins the fight!
You acquire an item: spooky stick
After Battle: Erhard Von Müllfurzentisch manages to tell a whole story without any horrific torture in it, and smiles enthusiastically. (+4 Stats)
After Battle: You gain 8 Strengthliness
After Battle: You gain 4 Enchantedness
After Battle: You gain 2 Cheek

Last edited:

Theraze

Ferd, looks like your problem is actually mafia getting out of sync. Specifically, it looks like you're trying to unlock an already-unlocked Hidden Temple. Per this:
Code:
	if (to_int(get_property("lastTempleUnlock")) != my_ascensions() && get_property("bcasc_openTempleLater") == "false") {
		bcascOpenTemple();
	}
Hopefully viewing the Woods in the relay browser will mark the temple as unlocked, but if that doesn't actually work to mark lastTU as done because mafia hasn't been updated for the Woods as a place rather than as a distinct php file, you'd want to do two things. Make a mafia bug report and possibly mark lastTU as this ascension.

Ferdawoon

Ferd, looks like your problem is actually mafia getting out of sync. Specifically, it looks like you're trying to unlock an already-unlocked Hidden Temple. Per this:
Code:
	if (to_int(get_property("lastTempleUnlock")) != my_ascensions() && get_property("bcasc_openTempleLater") == "false") {
		bcascOpenTemple();
	}
Hopefully viewing the Woods in the relay browser will mark the temple as unlocked, but if that doesn't actually work to mark lastTU as done because mafia hasn't been updated for the Woods as a place rather than as a distinct php file, you'd want to do two things. Make a mafia bug report and possibly mark lastTU as this ascension.

Ahhh yeh that was it!
Sorry, I hadn't even considered the need for loading the map containers! I thought CanAdv and similar would grab all that, or BCA just looking at the quest log for hints =S

Thanks for the quick reply!

Theraze

Not a problem. :) Part of the issue is that we try to save server hits, so we don't randomly trawl through all of the map pages to help mafia refresh its info when it gets out of sync due to using multiple systems without sync. Items noted in the quest log should get automatically updated every time you log in, but location unlocks for the temple/city/Spookyraven will probably take actually visiting the map. Or using "text place.php?whichplace=woods" if you find that easier. Heh.

Theraze

Okay, committed the official M20/M21 quest tracking. Anything else we want to completely blow away the BCA custom handling and use mafia's built-in?

Conditions list cleared.
Level 1 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild].
BCC: We have completed the stage [knob].
BCC: levelMe(5, true) called.
Level 2 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage spookyforest
BCC: levelMe(8, true) called.
Level 3 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage tavern
BCC: levelMe(13, true) called.
Level 4 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats1].
BCC: We have completed the stage [meatcar].
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats2].
BCC: We have completed the stage [8bit].
BCC: levelMe(20, true) called.
Level 5 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [knobking].
BCC: We have completed the stage [dinghy].
BCC: levelMe(29, true) called.
Level 6 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [friars].
BCC: We have completed the stage [knobking].
BCC: We have completed the stage [friarssteel].
BCC: levelMe(40, true) called.
Level 7 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [friarssteel].
BCC: We have completed the stage [cyrpt].
BCC: We have completed the stage [innaboxen].
BCC: levelMe(53, true) called.
Level 8 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage Trapper
BCC: We have completed the stage [piratefledges].
BCC: levelMe(68, true) called.
Level 9 Starting
BCC: You don't have a wand, or it's not safe to use one. No Zapping for you.
BCC: We have completed the stage [chasm].
BCC: levelMe(85, true) called.
Level 10 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [airship].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [castle].

[1051] The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Top Floor)
Encounter: Steampunk Giant
Round 0: x wins initiative!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 2 but KoL thinks it is round 1
BCC: Run_Combat() is using consultMyst.
BCC: Monster HP is 150
BCC: We are under the effect of Spirit of Peppermint
BCC: These are the figures for Stream of Sauce: Bonus: 45.0 and 1.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 208.0
BCC: I expect 39 damage from Stream of Sauce
BCC: These are the figures for Saucestorm: Bonus: 45.0 and 1.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 208.0
BCC: I expect 84 damage from Saucestorm
BCC: These are the figures for Saucegeyser: Bonus: 45.0 and 1.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 208.0
BCC: I expect 145 damage from Saucegeyser
BCC: These are the figures for Salsaball: Bonus: 45.0 and 1.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 208.0
BCC: I expect 8 damage from Salsaball
Maximizing...
35 combinations checked, best score 1,093.02
Maximizing...
35 combinations checked, best score 1,051.52
You are currently in a fight.
Unable to meet all requirements via equipment changes.
See the Modifier Maximizer for further suggestions.
Maximizing...
35 combinations checked, best score 1,051.52
You are currently in a fight.
Unable to meet all requirements via equipment changes.
See the Modifier Maximizer for further suggestions.

Not quite sure what it is trying to 'maximize' for. It seems to run the figures continuously if there isn't a spell powerful enough to kill the monster. My CSS is set to consult WHAM.ash if that has to do with anything.

Theraze

Yep.
Code:
BCC: Run_Combat() is using consultMyst.
If someone wants to rewrite consultMyst to actually work, great. Otherwise, expect much sadness since, well, it's terrible. :) But hey, better than attack with weapon.

Edit: Or enable the CCS and you'll actually get to use WHAM, as you thought you were.

Last edited:

Winterbay

There is a setting in the BCA Relay script to not use the built-in Myst-CCS.

ETA: Fun fact, the BCA consult script was the basis I used to start WHAM :)