bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Absinthe from Green Pixie is only used for stats nowadays. Spending 6 turns to get a spleen item that gives you 4 turns is disappointing. Adding absinthe-for-stats to the script probably isn't worth doing.

slyz

Developer
My other question, is whether the script will use all resources at its disposal, or are you limiting its usage?
It will use the HeBo, put most other things you have to do yourself: tome/libram/grimoire summons, faxing, adding olfaction to your CCS...

Ferdawoon

I made a post about this on SourceForge but as ususal, I want to make additions.

KoLMafia get an unexpected error and print a debug log whenever I need to level up a bit. r9139, BCCAscend v19 as a Seal Clubber. Debug log posted along with my note on SourceForge.
It got the error when the script needed to reach 77 buffed Muscle. I decided to use azazel.ash to at least get the steel margarita today, but running it caused a bug as well after the 2nd adv. Two times I ran it, both times the bug happened after the 2nd adv. I noticed that it wanted me to update it, which I did and it managed to get me the steel margarita.
I thought that maybe the problem was resolved with that, but running BCCAscend again I get an unexpected error with the last line being that I now need 81 buffed primestat instead.
So, it seems to happen when the script want me to grind stats.

EDIT: Hmm, after a complete restart of Mafia it seems that the bugs no longer appear when I run BCCAscend. WIll add more if it happens again.

Last edited:

Ferdawoon

This was actually a 9139 bug, which should have been fixed with 9140.

It happened while running the script so I assumed it was the script.
When I think it is Mafia it is the script and when I think it is the script it is Mafia.. =(
At least this time I checked Bug Report forum first :eek:

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

It's been a long time since this has been updated, so I'm bumping the version to 0.20 and cracking ahead with some fixes while I have the time.

Funny_snake_100

As should be said again and again, this is awesome and thanks so much : )

I was wondering if a feature could be added though. I don't really know how all these scripts work from the coding end, so i don't know if it would be easy/hard/impossible, But could one add a "stop script" flag when you're down to 10 adventures or something instead of 0? I'd like to be able to run the script, and then have some adventures left to figure out food or daily activities, without having to watch out for not having an adventure for the barrels if i need it or something. Not a huge thing, but if there was a simple way to add this is, that would be awesome.

oh, in a semi-related vain, is there a way to put a stop before each boss so as to have the option of switching in an organ grinder for the badass pie? there might be something in mafia itself, i just don't know where/how.

Thanks so much for having this script available. it's already absolutely incredible. great job : D

EDIT: I realized i wasn't clear, but for the organ grinder, I was wondering at first if you could force the organ grinder for the boss adventure as well as the following 4 once a day. no matter what would otherwise be optimal for those turns, though if that can't be done, then merely to stop the script for you to manually do it.

Last edited:

tgetgel

I searched through the thread and must have missed it. How do I set a stage complete, specifically Level 2, guild1? (Running latest daily and BCA v0.20 in kitty core as db)

Code:
Level 2 Starting
BCC: We have not completed the stage [guild1].
BCC: We have completed the stage [spookyforest].
Level 3 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild2].
BCC: We have completed the stage [tavern].
Level 4 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats1].
BCC: We have completed the stage [meatcar].
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats2].
BCC: We have completed the stage [8bit].

bumcheekcity

As should be said again and again, this is awesome and thanks so much : )

I was wondering if a feature could be added though. I don't really know how all these scripts work from the coding end, so i don't know if it would be easy/hard/impossible, But could one add a "stop script" flag when you're down to 10 adventures or something instead of 0? I'd like to be able to run the script, and then have some adventures left to figure out food or daily activities, without having to watch out for not having an adventure for the barrels if i need it or something. Not a huge thing, but if there was a simple way to add this is, that would be awesome.

oh, in a semi-related vain, is there a way to put a stop before each boss so as to have the option of switching in an organ grinder for the badass pie? there might be something in mafia itself, i just don't know where/how.

Thanks so much for having this script available. it's already absolutely incredible. great job : D

EDIT: I realized i wasn't clear, but for the organ grinder, I was wondering at first if you could force the organ grinder for the boss adventure as well as the following 4 once a day. no matter what would otherwise be optimal for those turns, though if that can't be done, then merely to stop the script for you to manually do it.

Dunno about the first. Log it on the sourceforge page, and I'll give it some thought. In 0.20, the organ grinder is forced for boss adventures if you have it. Getting the pie itself, the script won't do. It's left as an exercise for a betweenBattle script or just a few manual adventures.

bumcheekcity

I searched through the thread and must have missed it. How do I set a stage complete, specifically Level 2, guild1? (Running latest daily and BCA v0.20 in kitty core as db)

Code:
Level 2 Starting
BCC: We have not completed the stage [guild1].
BCC: We have completed the stage [spookyforest].
Level 3 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild2].
BCC: We have completed the stage [tavern].
Level 4 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats1].
BCC: We have completed the stage [meatcar].
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats2].
BCC: We have completed the stage [8bit].

I really have to add something to the relay for this. What's your class and do you know why it failed the guild1 stage?

tgetgel

DB. I started doing the kittycore run using the HogsofDestiny Bad Moon adventuring guide. The progress order (what to do when) was much different than BCA. I gave that up when I could not kill the king or boss bat when it said I should be able to. Since then I have been using this and the HC checklist to adventure.

I figure that it is looking for something in particular that I did out of order, or was a transitory step that I passed before I ran BCA.

What is the trigger to say that guild1 is completed?

morgad

at the start of this thread you say to go to sourceforge for newest code, but the current code says

print("There is a new version available - go download the next version of bumcheekascend.ash at http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?t=4963!", "red");

should it be changed to -

print("There is a new version available - go download the next version of bumcheekascend.ash at http://sourceforge.net/projects/bumcheekascend/files/", "red");

?

best regards
Dave

Satns_sphnctr

another question:

Ok, so it keeps stopping the script because I ran out of hairspray. is there a way to either 1. make it not use hairspray or 2. buy the hairspray automatically?

sorry for my noobliness, I messed with some of the adventure settings in mafia, but nothing seems to work. However, after telling it to auto heal, I am getting beaten up way less than the last ascension :D