bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Theraze

If your clingy cabinet possibly messed with mafia's inventory, just run a quick refresh all and make sure that it's all in sync.

If it does mess with the inventory, and you can get a proper debug log of the event, make a bug report with your debug log attached. But speculation and anecdotes don't really help to fix the problems, if they exist. :) Which is why my own speculation doesn't result in knowing what happened - just random guessing based on what you say.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
In my continuing frustration with the manor quests I deleted every preference that started with bcasc_stage in the prefs file. I then started a new run. As I often do, I burned the low levels in the relay browser but somewhere around level 9 or so, switched to BCCA. I manually completed all the tasks up to the point where Lady S is on the third floor waiting for me to come deal with her babies. I burned at least one day's worth of turns since with BCCA exclusively. I just burned 50+ turns in the bathroom looking for Lady S's thing. When I investigated I discovered that there was no entry for in the settings file for the bathroom quest at all. Since the setting is not there I have to agree that BCCA was working as intended.

But, I thought there was some previous discussion of things BCCA did, or tried to do, to detect the state of the quest and then set it appropriately. If I did that, or tried, there would be some evidence in the preferences that I had done so. So I offer this in case it is helpful. If not, postCount++

xKiv

When I investigated I discovered that there was no entry for in the settings file for the bathroom quest at all.

Why should it?

- questM21Dance unstarted - nothing to find in bathroom
- questM21Dance step1, quest item not in inventory - available in bathroom
- questM21Dance step1, quest item in inventory - nothing to find in bathroom
- questM21Dance step3 or finished - nothing to find in bathroom
(there's apparently no step2?)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Why should it?

- questM21Dance unstarted - nothing to find in bathroom
- questM21Dance step1, quest item not in inventory - available in bathroom
- questM21Dance step1, quest item in inventory - nothing to find in bathroom
- questM21Dance step3 or finished - nothing to find in bathroom
(there's apparently no step2?)

To clarify, the missing entries were similar to bcasc_stage_manorbathroom. If I can get a clear statement that bcca no longer uses bcasc_stage_manorbathroom and relies on questM2x etc. then I can focus my efforts elsewhere. But I don't expect such a clear statement because setting bcasc_stage_manorbathroom (et. al.) to the current ascension made it stop adventuring in the bathroom because the stage was not finished. So something is reading the value and acting on it.

Theraze

I was not the author of the manor completion code, so I can't explain precisely why certain things were done how they were, but my assumption is that the author - and possibly the mafia developer writing the quest steps - had an expectation that LS would accept partial quest completion and that the quest items would be removed before the quest was completed. If we have confirmation that this is not the case, we can completely scrap the BCA second floor stage code and simply use mafia - though with the knowledge that we can get out of sync if someone completes the dance but doesn't start the third floor. We can probably work around that by throwing in an extra server hit to check if the stairs to the third floor are unlocked, since that means that the dance is done.

If partial quest object removal does happen, then we still need to maintain the current code. Which does:
Code:
	string questLog = visit_url("questlog.php?which=1");
	if(contains_text(questLog, "Lady Spookyraven's Dance")) {
		if (!contains_text(questLog, "her gown from the Haunted Bedroom") && contains_text(questLog, "her gown")) {
			checkStage("manorbedroom", true);
			return true;
		}
	} else if(contains_text(questLog, "Lady Spookyraven's Babies")) {
			checkStage("manorbathroom", true);
			return true;
	} else {
		visit_url("place.php?whichplace=manor2&action=manor2_ladys");
		questLog = visit_url("questlog.php?which=2");
		if(contains_text(questLog, "Lady Spookyraven's Dance") || contains_text(questLog, "Lady Spookyraven's Babies")) {
			checkStage("manorbedroom", true);
			return true;
		}
	}
If all of those do not match, then we need to know which one should be in your case... Huh. Look at that. We set manorbedroom twice, and manorbathroom once. That isn't right.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
If what you care about is whether someone has danced, and you're trusting mafia's tracking, then checking for at least 1 turn spent in the bedroom would handle that.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Just for curiosity's sake... does this still happen after the fix I mentioned committing yesterday?

It will be a couple of days before I will have a character in place to test. That said, several pages ago I reported that BCCA was looking for things in the quest log that were not present in my quest log and I wondered whether KoL had changed, I had a setting that effected my log or whether I was just seeing things that no one else did. Regardless, thank you for looking hard enough to find, and fix, something that was not right.

Theraze

Well, BCA was checking KoL's quest log, but then setting the wrong location as done. So fixing that may have fixed some of those issues. Possibly.

Can I convince you to start a new thread? It is a pain to sort through 500+ pages to find new links, etc. In a new thread you would have the ability to edit the OP to update the relevant info.

Thanks!

Theraze

I could create a new thread, but if I did it would merely refer back to this thread, post 1. As it is still the same script. And I would immediately request the new thread be locked by moderators, to not splinter bug reports and make support more difficult.

If 500+ pages is too much, might I suggest showing more posts per page? I only have 129 pages. Also, there is a great "Search Thread" button at the top of the page...

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Can I convince you to start a new thread? It is a pain to sort through 500+ pages to find new links, etc. In a new thread you would have the ability to edit the OP to update the relevant info.

Thanks!

unlike other parts of the internet the trolls won't really bother you here unless your question/comment/problem was mentioned in the last 24 hours which suggests reading the last page or so is sufficient.

Theraze

Also note that, due to SVN, there are NO NEW links. The OP version is always the newest, and if you get it once through that command, you will always have the newest version if you let mafia auto-update it.
Unless your coder hates you and is using github, in which case OP version is still the newest, but it's likely to get your local copy out of sync and when you report a bug, it was probably fixed two months ago. So before reporting any bugs on a github SVN script, use the mafia command to remove the svn and then follow the OP command to reinstall it.

But BCC didn't hate users and the OP script here only requires installing it once.

PS: There may be newer links than the OP in this thread. Don't use them. They're seriously old. Anything in the past year was released through SVN.

Hi again.

I am in softcore, and I know there's no softcore support (using bcasc while I learn to use EoD's script) but I'm posting this in case it extends to HC.

It seems BCASC doesn't equip the unstable fulminate if you choose the wine bomb route. It'll set the condition of wine bomb, and adventure with high ML (ad infinitum).

Also- is there are way to make it rush to start the war ASAP so you can use the band flyers during lvl11 quest?
(not a feature request- asking if this already exists)

Cheers!

Hi again.

I am in softcore, and I know there's no softcore support (using bcasc while I learn to use EoD's script) but I'm posting this in case it extends to HC.

It seems BCASC doesn't equip the unstable fulminate if you choose the wine bomb route. It'll set the condition of wine bomb, and adventure with high ML (ad infinitum).

Also- is there are way to make it rush to start the war ASAP so you can use the band flyers during lvl11 quest?
(not a feature request- asking if this already exists)

Cheers!

Do you have it set to get the wine bomb in the BCA preferences? I have no issue with it making and equipping the fultimate? Also, if you have it set to do the arena once it starts the war it will Flyer the GMOB.

Theraze

Regarding the first, if you want it to handle all outfit changes during SC, you need to tell it to run SC as HC. Then it will do the equipment changes, such as wearing the fulminate. Otherwise, you need to handle all equipment changes yourself, even if what you've asked will make your adventures take a VERY long time.

Regarding the second, you could run specific functions earlier - for example, as soon as the war is available, you could run the function to start it, whatever that happens to be. But as txrangersxx says, the script will run flyers against the GMOB anyways, so if you have prestaged that, you might be able to flyer in a single turn. Or it could take a lot, especially if you're running a CCS that doesn't handle flyering the GMOB properly - a WHOLE lot if your CCS kills the GMOB and doesn't flyer other stuff. Heh.