bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Xenthes

The script seem to think I don't have the ballroom opened. I opened it just before I ran the script today. I am running the newest version of Mafia and version 478 of the script.

Code:
[1230] The Hidden Temple
Encounter: Fitting In
BCC: We have not completed the stage [nostril].
Encounter: The Hidden Heart of the Hidden Temple
You lose an effect: Stone-Faced
Encounter: Unconfusing Buttons
Encounter: The Hidden Heart of the Hidden Temple
Encounter: At Least It's Not Full Of Trash
Encounter: Now What?
Encounter: Beginning at the Beginning of Beginning
Examining tiles...
Encounter: No Visible Means of Support
Tile puzzle completed.
BCC: We have completed the stage [nostril] and need to set it as so.
bcasc_stage_nostril => 29
BCC: We have completed the stage [nostril].
You'll need to open the Ballroom

Last edited:

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
The Spookyraven part of the level 11 quest changed and afaik it hasn't been rescripted so you need to do it manually.

Theraze

I'm tempted to throw in basic (read, bad) scripting for unlocking Spookyraven. This is off the top of my head, so if I missed a step, remind me.

Basically, visit Lady Spookyraven, maximize stench res and get the billiard key from the kitchen, maximize elemental damage and get the pool cue from the billiard room, maximize elemental damage with the pool cue equipped and get the library key from the billiard room, get the necklace from the library, visit Lady Spookyraven, go upstairs twice, visit Lady Spookyraven. Pause until higher level.

Maximize items and get the powder puff from the bathroom, maximize noncombats and get the shoes from the gallery, maximize noncombats and get the gown from the bedroom, visit the ballroom, go upstairs, visit Lady Spookyraven.

Done - we don't need to finish her quest to ascend, but it does let us get the masonry dissolver in 36-37 turns guaranteed - since it's 6 turns per zone to get the item, and there are 6 items, but the lights out adventure overrides the counter, which will probably add one adventure.

Since I don't believe mafia tracks her quest yet, this would be at the expense of a bunch of server hits making sure which stage we're on, especially since you can end up with two keys - one of which works and one that doesn't - if you haven't ascended yet... I found myself with locked library despite having its key, for example.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Since I don't believe mafia tracks her quest yet, this would be at the expense of a bunch of server hits making sure which stage we're on, especially since you can end up with two keys - one of which works and one that doesn't - if you haven't ascended yet... I found myself with locked library despite having its key, for example.

No one should have any of the old keys any more.

Theraze

I did. All of my characters have ascended since, but post-revamp, I had the old keys in my inventory and, after finishing the Manor again, had 2 of the quest keys.

If there has been a KoL trivial change to wipe the old quest items from people who haven't ascended, that's one thing. But otherwise, we can't predict.

dangerpin

I'd like to express my thanks on the work that has gone into whipping the manor into better shape. Since I'm probably not the only script-kiddie looking for this I thought I might post this here as a reminder, it came in very handy today.
Code:
ash import bumcheekascend.ash; checkStage("manorlibrary", true);

Theraze

Can anyone confirm if my understanding of the way to brute-unlock to the third floor of the manor (post 4463) is correct? If so, I'll probably try to get that implemented in the next week or so.

I think all of my current slow characters are done with the ground floor, but I can at least get the upper bits and the cellar done, and once I get these slow ascensions done, it'll probably be back to AoSP since that's just so... simple. And then I'll be able to knock out the ground floor as well.

digitrev

I'm tempted to throw in basic (read, bad) scripting for unlocking Spookyraven. This is off the top of my head, so if I missed a step, remind me.
I'll fix anything you missed.

Basically, visit Lady Spookyraven, maximize stench res and get the billiard key from the kitchen
Maximize stench & hot res

maximize elemental damage and get the pool cue from the billiard room, maximize elemental damage with the pool cue equipped and get the library key from the billiard room
Don't forget to use hand chalk when you have it.

get the necklace from the library, visit Lady Spookyraven, go upstairs twice, visit Lady Spookyraven. Pause until higher level.

Maximize items and get the powder puff from the bathroom, maximize noncombats and get the shoes from the gallery, maximize noncombats and get the gown from the bedroom, visit the ballroom, go upstairs, visit Lady Spookyraven.
Yep.

Done - we don't need to finish her quest to ascend, but it does let us get the masonry dissolver in 36-37 turns guaranteed - since it's 6 turns per zone to get the item, and there are 6 items, but the lights out adventure overrides the counter, which will probably add one adventure.
You can actually speed things up considerably. Adventure in the wine cellar until you get the Chateau Vinegar, then olfact cabinets in the laundry room until you get the blasting soda. Next, create the unstable fulminate, maximize ml, +equip unstable fulminate, and fight monstrous boilers until you get the wine bomb.

Theraze

Regarding the first correction, that was apparently a bug that was fixed in a trivial update.
May 16, 2014 - Our accidentally hot kitchen drawers are now correctly stinky. If you can't stand the stench, get out of our drawers.

Regarding the cellar speed-up, for that you need to equip the spectacles before reading the recipe and then do those steps. I kept skipping equipping the spectacles first. :) But I'd be interested in seeing how that compares for a low-skill HC account: how many turns it takes to get the two drops, 1 adventure for the cooking, and then fighting for the bomb. If it still ends up better than the 36 guaranteed at the end of NC choices, which you can do even if you lose all 30 of the other adventures, I'll code for that instead.

digitrev

On a Sneaky Pete account (Loveable Rogue tree full, Rev engine, no other skills):
4 turns for Vinegar (2nd wine rack on two separate accounts)
7 turns for blasting soda (3rd cabinet on two separate accounts)
1 turn to cook
25 turns for the Wine Bomb (6th boiler)

It seems that the fulminate has to hit 60 degrees before it becomes a wine bomb, and it heats up by 10 + ML/2 degrees per boiler. So if I had been running the MCD at 10, I would have had it in 11 turns.

This makes the # of boilers follow as follows:
ML, boilers
0, 6
4, 5
10, 4
20, 3
40, 2
100, 1

Theraze

11 turns to get the drops with a +300% item drop does not look promising for a sub-100% item drop non-AoSP. But I'll try to track it myself to see if it's actually just 2nd/3rd or if the drop chance does matter.

Edit: Okay, got the BCA Library basically sorted - except for visiting Lady Spookyraven when you get done, since I've already finished that. Unlocking the manor is just a simple visit_url("inv_use.php?which=3&whichitem=7304&pwd&ajax=1"); so that's not too bad. We can test for the library status by looking for Lady Spookyraven's necklace or the ghost of a necklace, either way, no server hits. We'll see how well the other unlocks go... :)

Last edited:

mrfatso

guys how do i set certain stage as true?

I try looking at the code and typing set levelMe(40, true); just so that bumcheek can get on with level 7 instead of wasting time on level 6 since i have done the library stage.

Crowther

guys how do i set certain stage as true?

I try looking at the code and typing set levelMe(40, true); just so that bumcheek can get on with level 7 instead of wasting time on level 6 since i have done the library stage.

I'd like to express my thanks on the work that has gone into whipping the manor into better shape. Since I'm probably not the only script-kiddie looking for this I thought I might post this here as a reminder, it came in very handy today.
Code:
ash import bumcheekascend.ash; checkStage("manorlibrary", true);

Slow and Steady can't use a Rogue Program... ;)

Code:
BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
BCC: Going to try to use some spleen items if you have them.
BCC: Going to try to use some spleen items if you have them.
Spleen: 1 Agua: 0 Stick: 0 Token: 0 Grease: 0 Dream Jar: 0
Total Spleen: 1
You can't equip a rogue program with your current restrictions.

Huh, also, why's it running away from night stands, wasting adventures? I had 407 muscle, plenty to handle the +100 ML at the time... :confused:

Last edited: