bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

snooty

Weird, the only time I have an issue is when I run BCA. I can always make another one, see if that helps. Thanks for the info, Crowther :)

Crowther

Weird, the only time I have an issue is when I run BCA. I can always make another one, see if that helps. Thanks for the info, Crowther :)
I forget what maximizer setting I was using. I use some pretty complicated ones at times, so I hit some strange corner cases. I can't find anything in my logs.

Uli

Is it possible to get the script to always equip the Sneaky Pete's Leather Jacket whenever on the Sneaky Pete path, the same way the script prioritizes Boris' Helm when it is on the Boris path?

Thanks.

Crowther

Is it possible to get the script to always equip the Sneaky Pete's Leather Jacket whenever on the Sneaky Pete path, the same way the script prioritizes Boris' Helm when it is on the Boris path?
Given the +10 moxie, it's probably going to be picked over any other shirt. Since there aren't many other shirts anyway, if BCA starts using another shirt you can autosell it. However, I'm hard pressed to guess what shirt it would prefer over Pete's.

Uli

It actually had the knob goblin elite shirt for a good chunk of turns in the middle of a Sneaky Pete run earlier. It also opts for the astral shirt if you have that, though since I discovered that, I just run with the belt or no astral item.

Winterbay

In my experience it quite often picked another shirt unless I autosold them. I have code for some minor pete changes locally. I juat need to get that to the computer with sourceforge access...

Also, the astral pants are nice :)

Crowther

It actually had the knob goblin elite shirt for a good chunk of turns in the middle of a Sneaky Pete run earlier. It also opts for the astral shirt if you have that, though since I discovered that, I just run with the belt or no astral item.
I can understand the astral shirt. Now that Pete's shirt is out, I doubt you'll be taking that option again. I'm confused about the knob goblin elite shirt, but I'd have to look closely at the maximizer strings and mafia's tie breaking formula. I thought mainstat would win out over offstat. The elite shirt only has +5 muscle.

Uli

Check Winterbay's post. In the last few days, I have had it opt for the Astral Shirt (when I had it), the Knob Goblin Elite shirt and the Grungy flannel shirt. It may have happened with one other shirt, but I can't recall off the top of my head. Yes, you can autosell when you notice it, but if you don't notice it and have 50 love/hate, every time it removes the jacket for the shirt, you get knocked down to 30 love/hate. Wouldn't it be best to have the line added to the script? I believe I could modify my own version, but it would probably be an appreciated change by others as well.

Winterbay

Is anyone else having trouble with the script not continuing on after finding out that the password is swordfish? Last round mine burnt like 100 turns on the poop deck before I noticed and this time 2 extra turns as I was too slow in punching esc...

Theraze

Nope, that part has worked fine for me. It's the palindome that's been my automated bane of late - but it's not hard to just burn turns for the default goals + photo of dog, manually use the book (since mafia's "use" doesn't actually work for it for some reason, simply saying that you've already read the book but never actually using it), manually sort the photos (since mafia's auto-sorter doesn't work for my browser), manually use the second book, manually visit Mr Alarm, farm the wet stew bits, manually create the wet stunt nut stew, manually visit Mr Alarm, manually fight the Doc. And then automation works fine, again.

When I tried to blend automation, the fact that the quest log now comments on that the racing guys might drop the stew as well breaks the automation. :(

Winterbay

I can't seem to get SVN to update BCA to the most current version (i.e. the one I already have but from the Mafia update rather than in my own SVN-folder). It keeps timing out and without getting mine up to the most recent version I can't commit my changes so I'll just attach my latest version here and hope some kind soul with access can help me out :)

Changes include getting mood working for Pete (does not try to spend an adventure to change the intrinsic to +meat, but has an entry for it for easier fix in the future)as well as correct handling of Extra-Bouyant tank and Snow Tires.

Edit: Oh, and should prefer the sneaky pete shirt over any other shirt just as with Boris's Helm

Edit, edit: Just because I posted that it finally worked. Revision 446 adds all of the above.

Last edited:
I have tweaked a couple of things of the script to avoid wasting turns in useless stuff during Sneaky Pete, but I don't know what to edit to prevent it from getting the wand, any help?

Theraze

Go to this:
Code:
		if (my_path() != "Avatar of Boris" && my_path() != "Zombie Slayer" && my_path() != "KOLHS") {
			if (item_amount($item[wang]) > 0) cli_execute("untinker wang");
and add the Avatar of Sneaky Pete to the list. Same goes for Avatar of Jarlsberg if it doesn't need the wand, as I believe he goes up against AoB as his boss, but the script was never updated for that. If someone can confirm, then at some point myself or someone else will probably remember to add the 'no wand' bits for AoJ as well as AoSP.

Winterbay

I have tweaked a couple of things of the script to avoid wasting turns in useless stuff during Sneaky Pete, but I don't know what to edit to prevent it from getting the wand, any help?

r447 stops it from doing that. Anything else that is stupid in AoSP as you've found?

Uli

I saw that the lines were added to help with the Sneaky Pete's Jacket, but for the record, it still opted for the Grungy Flannel Shirt instead of Sneaky Pete's Jacket. Easy enough to sell the shirt, but just an fyi.

Winterbay

There will be a risk of doing that for all times where it tries to equip an outfit as well. In all other circumstances it should always equip the jacket.