bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Winterbay

It's set up to run away from the enemies in there anyway (and to switch to the stomping boots to help you with that if you have it).
Also, WHAM is the combat script I've written and can be found in my signature.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I don't think the problem was being able to hit anything with my weapon.

In the Adventure window, one of the tabs is Custom Combat. The Action box at the top is currently set to "attack with weapon". You should change it to something else, otherwise mafia will prevent you from adventuring in areas where all the monsters will beat you up.

Alright, thanks for the info. I am poor and don't have any IotMs so setting up other things besides attacking with my weapon is kind of pointless for me at the moment. I could also runaway from them but that seems like a waste of adventures. I will just wait till my moxie gets to the no hit range for that area.

On an unrelated note, when my guy is no longer high enough to do any quests, the script tells him to go farm stats. However, he always seems to go to the hidden pantry to farm even if his moxie would allow him to go to other higher level areas. Is there a way I could adjust where he farms for stats? Or is the pantry a really good place to get stats from non-combats that I am unaware of. He was still going there around level 5-7 when he needed more points.

Thanks for the responses so far :)

Theraze

It's probably due to your weapon and skill choices... if you're a seal clubber with a melee weapon without a shield and hero, safe moxie is the only thing that will keep you from getting hurt. As such, the pantry might be the highest location in the farming list which it can safely do. Which sucks, but...

Crowther

There's only a handful of places where bumcheekascend will farm stats. It will go to the highest-level safe place on that list. If you don't like that, there's options available. The first one to consider is telling the script not to farm stats. The script will abort and you can do side quests or farm stats yourself. Then you just start the script up again and if your moxie (or whatever) is high enough now it goes on. It sounds like that should work well.

The second on is telling the script to ignore safe moxie. I would not consider this without a number of skills and a CCS script that can kill most things (your own or WHAM). I do this as well and I've got things in there to boast ML. Because of this, the script almost never aborts due to stats, but I've got nearly every skill in the game, so I can kill anything.

BCC has made a script that will get your character through an ascension, but he never said it would be fast. If you want to go faster, you'll have to tune somethings yourself.

EDIT: Check out BCC's option setting relay script. It might take a few minutes to read through all the options for this script, but I bet you'll find a handful that you'll want to change.

Last edited:

Mr_Crac

Last edited:
http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Category:Ascension_Strategy

I suggest reading some of these pages if you're new. It'll help you figure out what skills to pick to speed up, depending on what type of runs you want to do.

If you're doing soft core, it's all about items and consumables and familiars to go fast. I found this to be too much work and burned out on it. It's also expensive to go fast.

If you go hardcore (real men/women do) then this script is awesome. Read the Hardcore Strategy page, and my recommendation would be to pick up the booze and food crafting skills first (to get more turns per day) and then go from there. For hardcore you just need some decent familiars and skills to go fast, but the script will help get those skills.

WHAM set to your CCS will try to do it's best to kill the monster and I highly recommend it. You may think it's not picking the best way, but it's usually picking the way that will get you the most stats/items/meat/MP/HP/etc.

If you think you may want the Plexiglass gear (which is pretty sweet gear), then doing bad moon runs as early as possible on your character would be my recommendation. In bad moon you get to use none of your permanent skills, so it's good to do early on when you have few of them. Otherwise if you do the bad moon runs later it gets a little annoying that you start with nothing. ;) Runs take around two weeks. It does have some fun surprise adventures though.

Thanks guys. I am not technically "new" but I stopped playing for 3 or so years so I am kinda re-learning at the moment. I did an ascension by myself recently and it took me like 11 days or something lol. Knew that was terrible so I started reading tons of guides but most are written by/for people with 100 millions of meat... or tons of IotMs. I gleaned some stuff from it all tho and now I am using kolmafia which is making things a lot easier to say the least.

As for the pantry thing, I am playing DB and will be around level 6 give or take a level with ~60-70 moxie and it still takes me to the pantry xD. So I don't know its reasoning about that unless the next safe place is really high moxie... Either way, I stop it and do side quests and farm a few levels before I let it continue. I think I will try to locate where the farming occurs in the script and add in my own location or two :).

Uli

The script is broken unlocking the giant's castle basement. Keeps getting stuck in a loop on the ground floor since it failed to complete the basement steps. Happened on two characters. Had the titanium umbrellas and dumbbells, so not sure what was going on.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Jumped into using the script when I was already at Level 12. It insisted on getting the Knob Goblin Elite outfit although I had already defeated the Goblin King. Perhaps BCCAscend should not bother with the outfit if the king is defeated, or is there some other purpose for getting it?

Theraze

Yeah... the password is useful for the knob pet spray, the trivial stat buffs, and other bits...

For Uli's problem, I haven't had that issue... were you using any before battle or after adventure scripts that might have changed your choice adventure settings? And/or any chance you had something else that made it think that it might have finished... a semi-rare, turtle taming, or other such 'unique' choice adventure?

Uli

I am using the Between Battle Script. I am doing a disco bandit run, so no turtle taming, not sure on the semi-rare, but nothing was obvious. I will look into it closer.

*edit* I turned off the BBB feature that adjusted choice adventures. Hopefully this fixes my problem. Thanks!

Last edited:

Theraze

A personal change which I haven't committed to the general set yet involves two steel margarita changes, one general and one KOLHS.

First, you can overdrink the steel margarita, as it will still work even if you don't have room for it as long as you haven't overdrunk yet. Example: 14 max, 14 filled, overdrink the margarita, you'll have 19 max and 19 filled. As such, we should use the overdrink command rather than the drink command. We may also want to use eatsilent to make the steel lasagna command run a bit smoother in case milk detection ever breaks, but... eh, minor bits. :D

Second, as you only get the special KOLHS booze until you hit 10 inebriety, it's in our best interest to NOT drink the steel margarita as soon as we get it. As such, on my personal copy I've made it not actually auto-drink the margarita during KOLHS. I won't commit that though unless other people agree that they prefer fruity wine over the lousy soda/booze. :)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
First, you can overdrink the steel margarita, as it will still work even if you don't have room for it as long as you haven't overdrunk yet. Example: 14 max, 14 filled, overdrink the margarita, you'll have 19 max and 19 filled. As such, we should use the overdrink command rather than the drink command. We may also want to use eatsilent to make the steel lasagna command run a bit smoother in case milk detection ever breaks, but... eh, minor bits. :D

I'm pretty sure you can just use eat/drink for the steel lasagna/margarita and mafia will accept it just fine. That's based both on what I remember from the code and the fact that mafia never asks me if I'm sure I want to overdrink when I "drink" the margarita from the Booze section of the Item Manager.

Theraze

Eh, I tend to use overdrink as a matter of course because it's just drink with the warnings stripped out. Dangerous when using unspaded items or multiple thermos or something like that, but means I don't miss out on the auto-ode because the first drink or two of a (KOLHS) run finds me below 50 mp.

Opinion on skipping the auto-steel-margarita during KOLHS runs?

Crowther

When the steel margarita first came out, mafia would refuse to drink it, but it has been supported for a while now. There's no harm in using overdrink and it might help in the case of a bug like you state for the steel lasagna, but it's not required any more. I agree with holding off if your drunk is less than 10 in KoLHS, but from what I understand you'd be better off skipping the steel margarita (until aftercore), because KoLHS booze sucks.