Consult script hanging -- contain_text() not working on last round?

bazo0ka

Using a consult script, I can't seem to detect the end of combat by using contain_text() function --

Code:
void main(int initround, monster foe, string url)
{
    while (!contains_text(url, "You win the fight!"))
        attack();

return;
}

The script can't find "You win the fight!" (or any other winning/losing messages for that matter) and it gets stuck in the loop at the end of combat. This looks like such a simple problem, but I'm not figuring out what's wrong. Anyone? I'm using r8612, and I'm calling the script from a simple one line CCS (the line being "consult testcombat.ash"). Thanks.

jasonharper

Developer
You never assign a new value to 'url' (a horrible name for that parameter, by the way), therefore it cannot ever contain any text that it did not initially contain.

bazo0ka

Ah, thank you. I understand now.

I agree about the parameter name. I just saw it used in the wiki example and others' scripts, so I figured they knew something I didn't.

slyz

Developer
PHP:
void main( int initround, monster foe, string page )
{
    while( !contains_text( page, "You win the fight!" ) )
        page = attack();

return;
}

This should work. I think.

xKiv

I think you shoulodn't be looking for "You win the fight!" but for the comment that gets emmited in the HTML even in fights that don't display "You win the fight!".
I think it's "<!--WINWINWIN-->", as used in FightRequest.

mredge73

from casual combat:

Code:
//$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
boolean combat_finished(string url) {
    if(contains_text(url, "lose the fight!") || my_hp()==0)
        abort("You Just Got Served");    
    if(
         contains_text(url, "win the fight!") 
      || contains_text(url, "run away, like a sissy little coward") 
      || contains_text(url, "You stare blankly at the destruction around you, then realize ")
      || contains_text(url, "You stare open-mouthed at the carnage that used to be the hippy camp")
      || contains_text(url, "A winner is you!")
      || round >= 31
      )
        return true;
    return false;
}

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I think xKiv's comment applies to haiku combats, which can happen at any time if the haiku katana is equipped.

Theraze

Looks like a combination of containing "<!--WINWINWIN-->" and not containing "fight.php" would be the best, as the WINWINWIN means you won, and no more fight.php means you lost...