Potion Checker - Relay Version!

Bale

Minion
[size=+1]Potion Checker 0.95[/size]

Spiny Twizzler wrote an interesting script to help you figure out what sauceror potions you have or don't have. It printed out a nice table telling you what each potion's effect name is and what it does! And better yet, what components you need to make it and how many of these components you have and how many of the potions you can create!

The thread for Spiny's original script is HERE.

I recently looked over that script and noticed that this is exactly the sort of thing that works better as a relay script. Heck, it was already 90% of the way to being a relay script. With Spiny's permission I've re-written the script a bit and I'm re-releasing it as a relay script.

New feature: Button for each possible potion which will automatically make that potion when you click it. Automated potion mixing FTW!

New feature: Adds info for foods and sauces that require saucecrafting!

Just download this script to your /relay folder and you'll be able to access it from the lower right corner of your browser's top menu. Enjoy.

Attachments

• relay_PotionChecker.ash
    13.6 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

Bale

Minion
2010/06/10 v 0.80 First release of relay version
2010/06/10 v 0.81 Improved & fixed version checker
2010/06/17 v 0.90 Added button to create potions and fixed display colors
2010/06/17 v 0.91 Properly check to see if character can create a potion
2010/06/21 v 0.95 Add pastas and sauces. Fixes more display issues. Increased scrumdiddlyumptious info.

Last edited:

Spiny

Thanks Bale :) I'll check it out tomorrow and see how it goes!

Edit: Bale, YOU ROCK! Totally awesome! Thank you so much for putting time into the adaptation :D

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I'm very happy you're so ecstatic. Just wait till I add some new features.

(Noticed your edit so promptly because I just updated the script to v0.81)

Spiny

I edited the first post in the original script's thread mentioning that you made an updated relay version of it here.

Bale

Minion
Update!

Version 0.90 has fixed the display colors. More excitingly, each creatable potion now has a button you can click to create the potion automatically. (It even displays the quantity you'll create by clicking the button.)

Yay for new feature.

Currently, I'm only planning to add mall support. (If the character has mall access, it should be able to consider that into deciding which potions can be created.) However, I'd like to know if anyone, including Spiny, wishes for this script to do more. I'd be glad to add more features if others see it as lacking something.

Spiny

Yeah! The color is back :D I'm assuming if I check this on my sauceror, the create 1 button I'm currently seeing on my seal clubber will show create 3 when appropriate? If so, rockin'! The outer product looks pretty much like the original, though I can see where you had to redo the tags in the code. Thanks for keeping the flavor :) For the mall support portion, please have it like you have UR with the different options.

Man, this is just too cool :) I love how the relay override updates quantities after potions are created with it.

Edit: Oops... one slight oversight, at least from how I had it set up... if a potion cannot be created due to lack of skill, the final column should be red. Right now it's all showing up as green, even if I don't have the skill. Another thing, that I may not have had a check for was Concoction of Clumsiness discovery which should be red if the discovery isn't known, even if one has the skill.

Edit again: Re my edit... it appears my original script's functionality for making the final column red with lack of skill isn't quite right anyhow. Hrmm.

Edit yet again: Looks like I was only checking to see if one had Saucecrafting itself, figuring without that, the other skills would be irrelevant, but the potion info would still be helpful to know.

To change that at this stage might be a bit of a drag... as would adding the concoction of clumsiness discovery check, so never mind me... unless there's an easy way to add those checks, you probably shouldn't worry bout any of it. :)

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I'm assuming if I check this on my sauceror, the create 1 button I'm currently seeing on my seal clubber will show create 3 when appropriate? If so, rockin'!

It rocks. I'm using this to determine the number of creatable potions:

PHP:
int createable(item i) {
	if(my_class() != $class[sauceror]) return 1;
	foreach ing in get_ingredients(i)
		switch(ing) {
		case $item[caustic slime nodule]:
		case $item[lion oil]:
		case $item[nauseating reagent]:
		case $item[globe of Deep Sauce]:
			return 1;
		}
	return 3;
}

Edit: Re my edit... it appears my original script's functionality for making the final column red with lack of skill isn't quite right anyhow. Hrmm.

Oh. That explains the problem. I see. It applies a check for Advanced Saucecrafting to all types of potions, not just basic reagent potions. Silly. That won't be tricky for me to fix.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Version 0.91 released!

To change that at this stage might be a bit of a drag... as would adding the concoction of clumsiness discovery check, so never mind me... unless there's an easy way to add those checks, you probably shouldn't worry bout any of it. :)

Actually, it wasn't terribly hard to fix that. I even added a check for concoction of clumsiness.

Spiny

Looks great! Thanks and sorry for not having that quite right to begin with.

Edit: I added bitter pill and the 4 reagent sauces to the map file and slightly modified the entry for oil of oiliness. With adding in of the sauces I modified the section with create cases as follows:

Code:
int createable(item i) {
	if(my_class() != $class[sauceror]) return 1;
	foreach ing in get_ingredients(i)
		switch(ing) {
		case $item[caustic slime nodule]:
		case $item[globe of Deep Sauce]:
		case $item[goat cheese]:
		case $item[hellion cube]:
		case $item[knob mushroom]:
		case $item[knob sausage]:
		case $item[lion oil]:
		case $item[nauseating reagent]:
			return 1;
		}
	return 3;
}

Attached is the modified map file with my changes, if you're satisfied you can rename the map appropriately and update accordingly. Thanks :)

Attachments

• PotionChecker_Spiny.txt
    6.1 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Edit: I added bitter pill and the 4 reagent sauces to the map file and slightly modified the entry for oil of oiliness. With adding in of the sauces I modified the section with create cases as follows:

Do you really think that food should be added to the Potion Checker? That isn't exactly a potion after all... it's more like a raw material for a food. I'm not dead set against it, I'm just considering the issue. Do you think that food should get its own section? If so, I could also check noodles as it's silly to make fancy schmancy cheese if you don't have Pastamastery. If anyone else is using this script, I'd like to know if they want such a feature.

Spiny

I know some make sauce for the purpose of selling sauce in the mall, rather than using it for pasta making. With the previous version of the script being limited to the CLI buffer, I made the decision to omit the sauces because they weren't potions, yet they use the skill all the same. Granted, if one wanted to bulk make sauce for mall-selling, they'd just as easily use mafia's item manager or cli command or heck they may have it scripted. I would agree that if the sauces were included, they could have their own section like the deep saucery potions, but again the skill used is advanced saucecrafting so it didn't make much sense to me to do that. I'm flexible... I generally use mafia's item manager to enqueue things to consume and flip back and forth to the creation page to decide how many I want to make and figure out how many of each ingredient would be used and whether that is really what i want to do based on the given ingredient. If the sauces were added in to potion checker, while in-run hardcore, I can see what sauces I could make x-reffed with what potions I could make and make a decision where I want to use the reagents more based on that info.

Edit: Finally checking the new version out on my sauceror. Might want to re-include the following portion of the original advisory message:

"For Way of Sauce potions, it will consider combinations of delectable catalyst + scrumptious reagents in addition to any scrumdiddlyumptious solutions already on hand."

It just looks funny to see, for example, I have 6 Hawking's Elixir of Brilliance, 0 scrumdiddlyumptious solution, 4 tangerine and can make 12 potions. I had the advisory comment in there to accommodate for this weirdness. I didn't want to have the creatable amount of scrumdiddlyumptious showing because that might deter from available reagents when considering the other info available. Does that make sense?

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Updated the mapfile to eventually support reagent pastas and their sauces as well as your fix for the bitter pill and oiliness. Thanks for that. It'll automatically update thanks the zarqon's map manager though nobody will see the sauces yet.

Currently working on pasta support for my next update.

I'm considering the best way to handle the scrumdiddlyumptious problem. (I wish all problems could be scrumdiddlyumptious.)

Edit: Hurm. Just realized I need to add sour sauces as well since those also use reagents...

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Released version 0.95

Updated with everything that Spiny requested!

There's now a section for sauce and pasta! It now gives info on scrumptious reagents when scrumdiddlyumptious solution is needed.

Made a few display improvements also.

Spiny

Hrmm... the hermit took his Jab pepper back from the map file! Perfume of Prejudice component2 currently says "none" Adjust to jabañero pepper and that should work alright once more.

I'm going to have to ponder over the Pasta table... if you go the route you're gong with the scrumdiddlyumptious showing the reagent.. you probably should show delectable catalyst also... but similar issues creep up with the pasta dishes themselves.. and when considering hi meins, they involve turns spent on the wok, that could be nasty for an inattentive person if there isn't some sort of warning or check. I guess I'm not too concerned over the potion crafting since I assume most have boxen, but wok turns still burn turns. Does Inigo's protect turn usage when using the wok? I really haven't used Inigo's all that often and don't have it myself as yet.

Winterbay

Having redcently ascended into a Souceror again I find myself using this quite a lot, but one thing that i think would be a great additon is if it would make the numbers of a potion I have into use-links for said potion. Would that be possible?

Bale

Minion
You mean that if you click on the number, it would then use one potion? That wouldn't be hard, but I fear that it would make for a confusing UI leading to some people using potions by accident and others unaware of the feature. It's rather non-intuitive and unclear that the number should be a link. Can you suggest a better UI?

Winterbay

Yes, athat was my first idea, but as you saythat might be rather confusing. What about a second button below the "Create X" saying "Use 1" if you have more than 0 of it? Or would that be too cluttery?

kingslime80

I just get this message when running the script... may I ask how to fix the red portion?

Code:
> call scripts\relay_OCD_dB_Manager.ash

Checking for updates (running ZLib ver. r37)...
Running ZLib version: r37 (current)
You have the latest OCDefault.txt. Will not check again today.
You have the latest OCDkBay.txt. Will not check again today.
[COLOR="#FF0000"]All item information is corrupted or missing. Either you have not yet saved any item data or you lost it.[/COLOR]
Checking for updates (running relay OCD dB Manager ver. 1.9)...
Running relay OCD dB Manager version: 1.9 (current)