Adventure Advisor

Bale

Minion
I'm using them in my version of the counterchecker, including using canadv. Only problem it currently has is that REALLY wants to eat another fortune cookie on the turn where it's getting the semirare, as well as after.

Well, according to zarqon that's a bug with his BBB. What can I say?

Theraze

Not too much. :D So then, I suppose my version of CounterChecker is fine for other people to stare at then... guess I should splice the FC noms back in then. Removed them in an attempt to get it to stop.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
This is not a feature request.

If Adventure Advisor had one more column that listed the semi-rare that dropped in a location (linked to the KoLwiki for extra credit) or a blank, I would use that information when deciding to adventure. Who cares what the semi-rare counter is if I am within 40 and intend to burn 50 adventures regardless? I do not see this as being especially useful but as a sub-optimal player it might nudge me towards optimality.

Bale

Minion
fronobulax, I've considered that suggestion, but it seems to make my UI too cluttered.

Adventure Advisor v 1.27 released!

Changelog:
version 1.27 January 12, 2011
  • Several minor code fixes.
  • Monster defense is only 90% of attack. KoLmafia now knows this and so does AdventureAdvisor.
  • Junkyard, SonofaBeach & McMillicancuddy's Farm URLs are fixed for both Wartime and after war usage.
  • Farm now displays as a single zone for reduced clutter and ease of checking it off your list.

Download v1.27 here: 4047
(This goes in the /relay folder)​

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Yes, of course it should. It really was attachment 4045 for about 5 seconds. Then I had a brilliant idea on how to make the code a teeny bit tighter. I'm a brilliant idiot.

Bale

Minion
Adventure Advisor v 1.28 released!

Changelog:
version 1.28 January 25, 2011
  • Accounts for tower items when you don't have a telescope.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Adventure Advisor v 1.29 released!

Changelog:
version 1.29 February 16, 2011
  • Small fix for KoL's Cobbs Knob revamp.
    There's a much bigger fix in the data file, so delete data if you need it re-downloaded.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Hey! Someone just added the Hey Deze Arena, Belilafs Comedy Club and Pandamonium Slums to the data file for this script! It was hella cool to see my script sudden sprout new locations!

To whomever you are: Well done!

I was kinda waiting for Larry of the Field of Signs to get stats in KoLmafia first, but I don't mind your workaround. The only drawback is that my script won't add on ML that way. I think that is a lack in my script though, not your workaround which should have worked properly.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Adventure Advisor v 1.30 released!

Changelog:
version 1.30 May 4, 2011
  • Lots of code refactored.
  • Fixes to improve lots of things that are invisible to the casual user.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Adventure Advisor v 1.4 released!

Changelog:
version 1.4 May 23, 2011
  • Updated for the Valhalla revamp: zodiac changes and a little Bee action with the telescope.
  • Fixed a color code bug.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
how long should the pile of servers be around before it is reasonable to ask that the area be included in the adviser? when that time has elapsed please consider this a request to do so, but we both agree that there is no point in adding something that is expected to go away. thank you.

Bale

Minion
If a notable percentage of the community decides that this is not limited content, then I'll add it. Right now I don't see any more of a reason to add it than I would add a Crimbo zone.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I was trying to determine the safety of the Pandamonium Slums in order to get fraudwort for the Doc G. quest. The slums were not listed. Then I unchecked "Hide 'No Quest' Locations' and they appeared. Bug or feature? If the latter what are the quests that are included when the option is checked?

Thanks again for this script. I use it almost daily.

Bale

Minion
Feature, I think. Perhaps my choice was bad. Anyway, I can't change the mapfile now since zarqon's map manager won't let me. :(

I'm glad the script is helpful.