Bug - Fixed unable to see equipment inventory in mafia: down rabbit hole, landscaper's map(?)

alfagetti

Hi,

I"m using the new version 14.0. I noticed when i went down the rabbit hole, my equipment inventory disappeared and all i could see was my currently equipped equipment. If i accessed my inventory from the relay browser, i could see all equipment there. Also, if i went through and systematically put on individual pieces of equipment, these then appeared in the drop-down menu of mafia.

In something possibly related, when i was i the landscaper's map, i couldn't see anything in drop down menu for my official outfits (i.e. hodgeman's outfits) but i could see my custom outfits.

Thanks!

Kime

I'm having a similar problem with the 14.0 version, but I wasn't down the rabbit hole. When I log in and go to change my equipment, the gear changer pane isn't showing any of my equipment, official outfits or custom outfits.

jasonharper

Developer
For anyone experiencing this problem: is KoLmafia's idea of your inventory (as shown in the Item Manager, or via the inv command) completely blank, or is it just equipment items that are missing?

Kime

In my case, it's just the Gear Changer display that doesn't show my gear (it does show my offhand items and my familiars though). When I use the Item Manager or the 'inv' command, it shows all of my equipment. Another thing I notice was that if I select "Load In Web Browser" and I try to access my equipment section of my inventory, it doesn't load, but the Consumables and Miscellaneous sections do. Then when I check back at my Gear Changer window, it shows the outfit I'm currently wearing and shows my custom outfit choices.

slyz

Developer
Could you select Help -> Start debug log, try to access the equipment section of your inventory in the relay browser, and attach here the debug file that will appear in your kolmafia folder?

You might want to do Help -> Stop debug log once you're done, or it will bloat the file.

Kime

I've never done a debug log, so I'm hoping I did this right.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20100321.txt
    480.3 KB · Views: 49

slyz

Developer
Did you get a white screen when you got this debug log? Did the gear changer pane show your gear correctly?

Kime

While using the Browser Relay, I could go to my Inventory, but when I selected the Equipment section it just sat there and tried to load. It never made it to even a blank page. After attempting that, if I went back to the Gear Changer pane, it would list my custom outfits, but nothing else. I am able to equip stuff using the Item Manager though.

Kime

Quick Update:

Okay, this is weird. I just opened my 14.0 version and everything seems to be working properly. I'm able to see all of my equipment, familiars and outfits in the Gear Changer pane and when I open up the Browser Relay, I can access the equipment section of my Inventory.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You have a gigantic equipment page.

I loaded it in and passed it to parseEquipment. No problems.

Revision 8327 adds some defensive code which will probably prevent the exception which was preventing people from seeing their inventory. Hopefully, there should be some debug logging in the gCLI if the exception would have occurred: "Item database error ...". If anybody sees such a message, please post it here. Thanks.