Bug - Fixed Pastamancer ghost summons incorrectly limited to 10 with new equipment worn

I've recently been automating adventures with a CCS that summons my Lasagmbie, and making sure to equip the Bandolier of the Spaghetti Elemental in order to gain the extra 5 daily summons. Mafia (with build r8226) stops doing the summon after 10 have occurred, but the relay browser correctly allows 5 additional summons after that happens.

Thanks for an awesome program that keeps getting better!

Last edited by a moderator:

StDoodle

Minion
Nota bene; when posting to this area of the forum, please give some thought on whether something should be a "Feature Request" or a "Bug." On this topic in particular, mafia's handling of PM ghost limits was absolutely correct until very recently, so I'd consider this a "Feature Request." It (justifiably) irks the developers when you accuse their software of being buggy, when in fact it's just not completely up-to-date (which is a difficult task when said software relies on another set of developers who constantly change their own software).

Spiny

In Piotr's defense, it's his first post in these forums and in no way is his post inflammatory. In fact, he praises the program. Give the guy a break! The forums had a recent revamp and most of the previous bug reports are no longer here to look at for reference. Try to be a little more welcoming before breathing down the guy's neck for something that in this case, to me, is a grey area.

Consider what indeed is a bug vs what a feature is. Is it a feature request to ask that mafia recognizes an item so that it behaves properly, in the present state of the game and mafia, or is it a bug that his CCS didn't recognize the item's utility, but manually adventuring the utility was recognized?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I was not offended by characterizing the lack of support for the new item as a "bug". On the "what do we need for the Nemesis quest" post in the dev forum, I have the following:

Pastamancer:

The reward accessory lets you cast a Pasta Guardian 5 more times a day if you have it equipped. I added that in, but it is completely untested.

Considering that I thought I added in support, if it's not working correctly, it's a bug. Obviously it's not working correctly yet. Thanks for testing!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Ha. I had the limits reversed: if you had the bandolier equipped, I limited you to 10 tries, otherwise, I let you try 15 times a day.
Revision 8283