Slime vial recipes

Sumisu

Could you tell the script to stop creating vials, if the box-servant runs away during creation? I just wasted about 70 adventures cooking before I could stop it.

jasonharper

Developer
No, but you can tell mafia itself - on the Creation pages in the Item Manager, there are checkboxes for "require box servants" and "repair on explosion".

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I'm pretty sure that there's an option in Preferences to auto-require boxServants (which this script would obey since it uses craft() ), but I can't find it. Odd.

Edit: Ninja'd, and right, that'd be where it is.

bazo0ka

Not sure why this is miscounting my vials...maybe I'm missing something obvious?

Code:
Finding out what you've already discovered...
You already know 9 of the slime vial recipes.
vial of red slime: you need 12 more, for a total of 85
vial of yellow slime: you need 18 more, for a total of 85
vial of blue slime: you have all 85 that you need.

I have 86 red, 89 yellow, and 110 blue vials in inventory.

bazo0ka

Oops...all I needed was a Mafia restart. Sorry, nothing to see here. ;)

For the record, I'm pretty sure it was a problem with setting the new combat macros on autoattack and using the tilde key to go again. Every other combat wouldn't actually load all the way, although it was occuring, so Mafia wasn't seeing the vials I picked up in those combats.

Thanks for the script!

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Oops...all I needed was a Mafia restart. Sorry, nothing to see here. ;)
Just so you know, it is possible to refresh mafia's inventory without restarting. Next time you have problems with mafia's inventory not matching KoL, just click refresh on the item manager, or refresh session from the tools menu.

neminem

Oh, man, that was amazing. I don't use mafia that often, but getting this trophy was the exact sort of repetitive task I break down and look for a script to do for me... I was quite happy to see that there was one, and it worked 100% perfectly! I'm extremely glad I didn't have to do that by hand.

Trophy++! (Actually +=2, I'd never bothered getting the last cooking trophy, which this makes hilariously trivial.)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
*sniff* No longer works after kitchen rework :(

It is generally understood that most things that involve mafia and cooking and cocktail crafting are not working. See here. However it has been reported that many things come close to working if you have both the items in your Kitchen and the in-a-boxen. My experience has been that once that has been done my crafting scripts do work again. You might try having both items and unchecking require in-a-boxen. If that doesn't work you may have found a case that needs to be considered.

OldJanitor

Thanks! Unchecking and having stuff in place helped getting past the checks and cooking worked nicely. Not sure what would have happened if the chef had blown up.

Terion

Yet another thanks, Jason. Farmed up my 91 of each potion yesterday and today, and used this wonderful script to run through all the cooking permutations. I especially like the reminder at the end to buy the Color Wheel of Yuck trophy. :D

And, after the cooking redesign mentioned above, the vials of (color) slime aren't fancy ingredients, so they are free to cook and don't take up chef charges -- no more risk of a chef blowing up in the middle (though this script would handle it when you re-ran it after replacing the chef, anyway.)

Now I just have to figure out the effects of the tertiary potions to get my Slimeform...

kuttelhut

Another thanks for this script - just used it and it w**ked perfectly.
I had more trouble figuring out the right slimeform potion than getting the trophy, so thank you for that :)

Slashor

Works like a charm. Realised my problem was that I didn't have a rangehood installed. It just gave a rather useless warning. I then tried crafting the potion it said I didn't have via the gcli and the reason became obvious.

Ethelred

Has anything changed that would cause this script to fail? I've used it before with great success, but tried it last night and got several "Creation failed, no results detected." errors. I kind of thought it might be due to the lag, but checking inventory, it had used up most of my primary slime vials and only discovered 5 receipes: amber, green, orange, vermillion and violet. My current slime vial inventory is:

red: (have 4)
yellow: (have 3)
blue: (have 40)
orange: (have 38, can make 3)
green: (have 30, can make 3)
violet: (have 30, can make 4)
vermilion: (have 11, can make 4)
amber: (have 11, can make 3)
chartreuse: (have 0, can make 3)
teal: (have 0, can make 33)
indigo: (have 0, can make 34)
purple: (have 0, can make 4)

I sarted out with at least 100 of each time, and now it says:

Finding out what you've already discovered...
You already know 5 of the slime vial recipes.
vial of red slime: you need 16 more, for a total of 20
vial of yellow slime: you need 17 more, for a total of 20
vial of blue slime: you have all 31 that you need.

Guess I'll farm those up and see what happens.

Edit: Nevermind. I obtained the additional vials the script said it needed, and it worked just fine. Not sure what happened yesterday, but it was probably a mistake on my part. Everything worked as it should have in the end.

Last edited:

Silentmusketeer

This is one tedious trophy to obtain and my first time using KOL Mafia. Worked wonderfully and kept me from going through 40-odd recipes to work out where I'd left off.