How do you write an ASH file?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
The problem with adding single-quotes is that you run into errors with syntax highlighting, especially when you use stuff like "$effect[Ur-Kel's Aria of Annoyance]". Also, the curly braces are in there so Notepad++ highlights matching braces -- IMO, more useful than folder-folding.

Also, I dunno. I renamed "KoLmafia ASH" to just "ASH" -- I think I was having problems with autocomplete and a language name with spaces in it. Don't really remember.

StDoodle

Minion
Also, the curly braces are in there so Notepad++ highlights matching braces -- IMO, more useful than folder-folding.

I've done the same, for the same reason. It's one of only two major issues* I've run into with Notepadd++; the other being the inability to combine line-break matching & regular expressions in find / replace.

* Actually the entire way that styles are split by language & general is a bit annoying; if you want to set up one language with a black background & another with white, for example, you'll end up with colors for certain things that just don't work in at least one scenario. *sigh*

philmasterplus

The problem with adding single-quotes is that you run into errors with syntax highlighting, especially when you use stuff like "$effect[Ur-Kel's Aria of Annoyance]". Also, the curly braces are in there so Notepad++ highlights matching braces -- IMO, more useful than folder-folding.

I don't seem to have any problems with unescaped single-quotes, like $effect[Ur-Kel's Aria of Annoyance]. Single-quotes in a literal won't be a problem as long as they're stuck right behind an alphanumeric character. As for the curly braces, I guess they're a matter of personal taste.

philmasterplus

Went and Improved the AutoComplete File.

I went and scraped the Master Function List from the KoLmafia wiki and turned it into an AutoComplete file for Notepad++, with all variants of the overloaded functions. Not sure how to process descriptions except to do them by hand, though. Times like this make me wish there was a comprehensive structured documentation.

Installation Instructions:
Copy KoLmafia ASH.xml to the (Whereever Notepad++ is installed)\plugins\API\.

Sorry about the repetitive necro, but I don't think it would be appropriate to create another thread on this issue.

Attachments

• KoLmafia ASH.zip
    3 KB · Views: 92
cli_execute("autosell * heavy D, * Original G, * disturbing fanfic, * furry fur, * wolf mask, * awful poetry journal, * thin black candle, * chaos butterfly, * plot hole, * probability potion, * procrastination potion, * angry farmer candy, * giant needle, * Mick's IcyVapoHotness Rub, * rave whistle")

I know old thread and the scripting errors have already been mentioned. This is more an error of economics. If you have access to a mall store rave whistles sell for more than their minimum value in the mall and should be mall sold. Fan fics, wolf masks, and giant needles are more profitable to pulverize (I prefer using wadbot for this) and sell the resulting wads in the mall.

Last edited: