Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread: PriceAdvisor: Maximize your profits

I don't think either of those files are being maintained. The fairly recent update date is due to my server changing namespaces. ZLib references use_for_items in has_goal (and therefore any dependent script also does), so maybe I should have a crack at updating that file if no one else does.

Well, as I pointed out, use_for_items avoids those because it would break PA and any other scripts in the meantime which have created those exceptions for items that vary by circumstance such as the FGF, MPE, and dead mimic. Unless a new official version of PA is spun (so that people will get update notifications) that will understand the updated version, it's probably best for zlib to use a different data file with an updated format rather than just making PA no longer work as accurately due to doubled items.

Yeah, I was referring more to any "container" items which have been added to the game in, say, the last two or three years. I strongly doubt any of them are in there!
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

I don’t suppose anyone could take over maintaining this? It’s an incredibly useful script, after all, and I’m tired of getting recommendations involving wrapping paper.

What is it doing, or NOT doing? I ran it for the first time tonight, and was quite intrigued by it.
    Scripts I have written:
    Unlock Dread A Script to save you a bunch of clicks.
    Standard Rollover Bonus A Script that shows best items to pull/equip for bonus turns.
    Standard PVP Bonus A Script that shows the best items to pull/equip for bonus PVP Fights.
    Rollover Management A Script that does all the daily deeds you might have forgotten, or might have missed.
    Chatbot A Chatbot script. Simple start for those who want/need one for their clan.
    Zap Wand A Dungeon of Doom ZAP WAND getting script.

I don’t suppose anyone could take over maintaining this? It’s an incredibly useful script, after all, and I’m tired of getting recommendations involving wrapping paper.
    Originally Posted by Saklad5 View Post
    Did you read the first post and try setting either priceAdvisor_obeyPriceLimit or priceAdvisor_conservative?
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.

Yes, and while I haven’t tried using them, it doesn’t sound like either will help at all. I don’t want it to obey my price limit, and I want it to consider items that are not priced at double their auto-sell value.

I’d like to be able to blacklist certain items from being considered. It keeps recommending I craft a present, even though that has literally only been sold once ever. It is sufficiently rare to be above considering, regardless of how much capital you have.

I was suggesting that the script might very well accomplish what you want although not by the means you suggest. AFAIK obeying a price limit that is less that the current price for wrapping paper or closeting your boxen and wrapping papers should give the same effect i.e. not suggesting presents.

Perhaps you should consider trying that and then replacing your complaint "I’m tired of getting recommendations involving wrapping paper." with a specific questions - how do I do this? or "can this be modified to do...?" Perhaps you really are asking for a (probably) new script where sales volume according to Coldfront is a major factor in recommendations?
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    I agree with frono.

I’m sorry if it seemed like I was complaining. I often modify scripts to suit my needs, and I could do so here.

The reason I was asking if someone could assume maintenance is that problems like that will continue to crop up. This is an extremely popular script, and the author has not been active for over seven years. It’s frankly amazing it still works this well.