bumcheekcity's Easy Snapshot Maker

bumcheekcity

Minor issue I'm having: The Rogue Program bit causes it to fail if you haven't acquired a token yet in a run. Gives the whole blank page, bitch to Jick message at the end (understandable), but this in turn crashes the script just prior to the data upload so nothing refreshes.

Redownload it.

bumcheekcity

Deleting the data files worked fine for me. Until I ran it again the next day. Same situation with everything one spot to the right. Only seems to work for me now if i manually delete the data files every time.

Is your mafia updated to the latest version?

bumcheekcity

I genuinely cannot comprehend why this bug is suddenly occuring. What OS are you running? Can you attach the snapshot_* files to a post here, particularly the familiars one, after it does the one-to-the-right thing next?

slyz

Developer
It may have something to do with r8962, r8978 or r8987, when Mafia started to cache data files read via file_to_map(). I cannot reproduce this (WinXP) though.

Maybe it isn't playing nicely with:
PHP:
file_to_map( "http://bumcheekcity.com/kol/maps/index.php?name=" + fname + ".txt", map)
That is the version that is cached and written to file by the script later on. The next time the script is executed, the file is loaded and corrupted somehow, maybe? I don't know anything about file encoding ^^

halfvoid

I genuinely cannot comprehend why this bug is suddenly occuring. What OS are you running? Can you attach the snapshot_* files to a post here, particularly the familiars one, after it does the one-to-the-right thing next?

can do. will run him after rollover. then run the script.

bumcheekcity

Those look EXACTLY like mine. I just can't see any deviation. This problem definitely started at about those revisions of mafia, I'm just struggling to think why that would have caused anything.

halfvoid

Dunno. I was thinking it was some thing with special characters but I don't think I have any outfits or skills with special characters in the names. Like I said, it works fine and dandy if I delete the snapshot files so i don't have a problem with that. I usually only run it after finishing a run anyway.

At some point I lost my hoom hah demon name as well. Didn't notice it until the last time I ran this. Might have something to do with it.

Ferdawoon

If I can start with a little typo-report:
Saucy Salve
Combat Skill - Heal 10-15MP
4MP

Saucy salve do not replenish MP but HP =)

And now the bigger bug. I just updated my snapshot with 2.2 and suddenly a few of my skills are off.
http://bumcheekcity.com/kol/profile.php?u=Ferdawoon
It show me having Saucy Salve, which I dont have. I do have Expert Panhandling though. It also show Lasagna Bandages, but I have Entangling Noodles instead. I have Summon Levitauga, but the snapshot show I have Harpoon! instead. A few other skills like these are shown as permed, while in reality I have the skill next to it or just not at all (it show I have Curative Varol permed which I don't, but I dont know which skill that is next to it that I do have permed.)

Ferdawoon

Yup, that solved it.
Saucy Salve still restore MP though =)

Just curious, but anyone know why bugs like that happens? Even if I dont use the snapshot script or fiddle with the snapshot datafiles, how come they can be corrupt, or whatever it is that cause them to behave like this?
So I know if it is something I can avoid in the future.

Yup, that solved it.
Saucy Salve still restore MP though =)

Just curious, but anyone know why bugs like that happens? Even if I dont use the snapshot script or fiddle with the snapshot datafiles, how come they can be corrupt, or whatever it is that cause them to behave like this?
So I know if it is something I can avoid in the future.
Nothing you can do to avoid this bug - it was caused by a change in KoLmafia. Most likely culprit is the character encoding fix, which broke a bunch of scripts that save data files (deleting the data files fixes the problem).

Chugsworth

Not from here it isn't. Make sure you don't have any spam/malware on your computer stealing your browser from you?

Huh, back to normal. I'm absolutely certain that, at some stage earlier today, his website had some funky things going on. All is well with the world once again.

slyz

Developer
Those look EXACTLY like mine. I just can't see any deviation. This problem definitely started at about those revisions of mafia, I'm just struggling to think why that would have caused anything.
I'm finally able to reproduce this. It looks like the map_to_file() that happens after loading the files from bumcheekcity.com sometimes adds an empty line at the end of the file.

The next time the script runs, the empty line at the end of the file causes an empty record with an index of 0 to be added in the map when the first file_to_map() in load_current_map() happens.

The simplest solution is to add
PHP:
remove map[0];
on line 175 (after the initial file_to_map() ).

I have no idea why/when this extra empty line is added though. My guess is that it is specific to map loaded from remote servers.

EDIT:

I just noticed the files that cause problems don't have " none none none none none none"
on the last line. That is causing Mafia to simply add tabs when doing map_to_file()... maybe simply updating those files on your server with enough tab-separated "none" in empty record entries would solve the problem without updating snapshot-2.2.ash.

Last edited:
I'm dutifully trying to download bumcheekascend v0.19.ash and snapshot-2.2.ash from the Sourceforge page. No download. It switches to the /download page but then just sits there. For up to several minutes now. Tried direct link. Same thing. Mirrors: auto, CNetworks in San Jose, and University of Kent. Still nothing.
One time, though, it did show me the text of snapshot-2.2.ash on the page. No attempt to actually download the file. So I thought, "Well, I guess I could create a text file with ASH extension, copy & paste...." But I haven't been able to get even that back.
I guess I'll grab the snapshot-2.2.ash from this thread. I've never downloaded a bumcheekascend before but might try that from these forums, too.

EDIT: Tried direct link and some mirrors for snapshot-2.2.ash, finally got it to display the text when I chose direct link again -- still no downloaded file, though. Is this what I should expect? Or do I need to wait 20 minutes or something? :)

EDIT2: Maybe it's just a problem with Internet Explorer 8 in Windows XP? In Firefox 3, it changes to the text page right away. I guess that's what I should expect, eh? I saved bumcheekascend v0.19.ash from the File menu that way.
Oh, jeez, hold on. When I tried to do the same with snapshot-2.2.ash, instead of showing me the text this time (which Firefox did just moments ago), Firefox asked me what I wanted to do -- open or save file. WTF? Why is it so inconsistent? Is it maybe something at the Sourceforge side of these transactions? Anyway, I saved it.

Last edited:

StDoodle

Minion
Hmm, I find it odd that search tells me this hasn't come up yet, but... any chance of adding Kung Fu Hustler in the near future?