multi chars with different custom combat rules

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but what is the best way to handle multi chars who require different custom combat scripts? For example of my of multis has Olfaction, but the other does not. in my [goth giant] i include olfacting, but i don't want it to do that for the char without olfaction.

This of course is just an example. I run into the same "issue" when i have a character using rock band flyers for the island quest... typically my [default] custom combat will include their usage, and then it obviously doesn't work when i go to play my other chars.

Thanks in advance.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Make a different CCS file for each character. Notice the "new" and "copy" buttons at the right side of the CCS panel.

You can select which one is active in the dropdown on the CCS panel.

Thanks, I'll take a look. To this point I haven't messed with files, I've built the scripts right into mafia. Are the files syntactically the same as the pane in mafia itself, re: do i just define [default], [goth giant], [etc...]?

Bale

Minion
You misunderstand what Veracity said. You don't need to directly edit the files. Mafia will manage that for you. You can edit them in kolMafia, just like you are used to.

Ahh ok, that helps. For some reason I thought maybe these were like those consult scripts. Excuse my noobishness, for as long as I've use Mafia I've done very little to take advantage of it's customizations.

Edit: omg, i never even realized the "default" dropdown was there. don't i feel dumb! thanks all.

Last edited: