Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65

Thread: Scripting the birth of a new life.

Not I said the Little Red Hen
    Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    There's a special on pickled eggplant

Has anyone taken this over and keeping it up to date?
    Originally Posted by txrangersxx
    Is there a need for this to be updated?
    Scripts I have written:
    Unlock Dread A Script to save you a bunch of clicks.
    Standard Rollover Bonus A Script that shows best items to pull/equip for bonus turns.
    Standard PVP Bonus A Script that shows the best items to pull/equip for bonus PVP Fights.
    Rollover Management A Script that does all the daily deeds you might have forgotten, or might have missed.
    Chatbot A Chatbot script. Simple start for those who want/need one for their clan.
    Zap Wand A Dungeon of Doom ZAP WAND getting script.

Is there a need for this to be updated?
    Originally Posted by Pazleysox View Post
    I seem to recall that there are parts of it that are conditional on the path and it doesn't do everything if it doesn't recognize the path. That could be updated and there may be settings that have better options for these unsupported paths.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

It's not aborting and gets enough stuff right for me that I keep using it as is.
    Me too, though I have edited my copy some over the years.

Originally Posted by Pazleysox View Post
    Despite basically working in kids' English curriculum, I had to look this up. Looks like a great retelling of the story.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

Despite basically working in kids' English curriculum, I had to look this up. Looks like a great retelling of the story.
    Originally Posted by zarqon View Post
    It's a fun story. I have young children at home, and when I saw the comment by fronobulax, I knew exactly where it was from. I had also recently read this book too.
    Scripts I have written:
    Standard Rollover Bonus A Script that shows best items to pull/equip for bonus turns.
    Standard PVP Bonus A Script that shows the best items to pull/equip for bonus PVP Fights.
    Rollover Management A Script that does all the daily deeds you might have forgotten, or might have missed.
    Chatbot A Chatbot script. Simple start for those who want/need one for their clan.

Hehe. My kids have been reading by themselves for a couple of decades. At least I think they had to to that to get college degrees ;-)

I remember a telling of the story that follows a question and answer format for much of it.

Who will help me plant the wheat?
    Not I said the dog.

and so on.

In the retelling I recall the final question is asked by one of the slackers:

I'm hungry. Who will give me some bread?
    Not I said the little red hen.

So I use the phrase idiomatically to mean "No". Sometimes there is an implied "heck no" or a suggestion that the No answer was obvious without asking the question. The former applied for me in the context of this thread since I am not prepared to take on the task of maintaining this script.

Hehe. My kids have been reading by themselves for a couple of decades. At least I think they had to to that to get college degrees ;-)

I remember a telling of the story that follows a question and answer format for much of it.

Who will help me plant the wheat?
    Not I said the dog.

and so on.

In the retelling I recall the final question is asked by one of the slackers:

I'm hungry. Who will give me some bread?
    Not I said the little red hen.
    My kids are 11, and 6. No college degrees here yet! (lol)

There must be a few stories based around these characters. In the book I have, the little red hen wants to make a pizza, and spends the day buying what she needs, and asking for help, to which the response is (of course) Not I said the dog... When the meal is finished, she says "Who will help me do the dishes", to which everyone except the hen responds "I will"

The reference to the pickled eggplant is she has one in her fridge, and a few pages later they are listed as "Super Savings on pickled eggplant". She buys a bunch of pizza toppings "But no pickled eggplant".

It's interesting to see the little red hen getting her just deserts. I will have to start using that line.

EDIT - my 6 year old is beaming ear to ear to hear someone else knows about the book. She has your copy at her school
    Last edited by Pazleysox; 02-21-2019 at 01:41 PM. Reason: P.S.
    Scripts I have written: