Scripting the birth of a new life.

Tarko

Good day, now in the new challenge path and newLife is getting an error because of the BabyBuggedBugbear and then abort.
Not a big deal but I thought you'd like to know

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The script tries to get the free equipment for that familiar, and fails because that familiar isn't allowed (I assume, since I don't actually use this script).

Bale

Minion
Yeah, I've got a fix for this locally that I haven't rolled out yet since I'm not satisfied that it is quite right. I'll push it though since it is better than nothing.

Edit: Done. Now newLife won't use cause content from before 2012 when you're Slow and Steady.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Something in my KoL infrastructure is not setting choice #882 - the towel in the bathroom. Would it be reasonable to ask that newLife set it? Thank you.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Why don't you just set it to the value you want it to be? It's configurable as a Choice for the Bathroom.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Why don't you just set it to the value you want it to be? It's configurable as a Choice for the Bathroom.

Automation. I never remember to do it until automation stops. I suppose I could set it once for each ascending character and I would never have to do it again but what's the fun in that?

Bale

Minion
I think I'll leave that one alone. It'll piss people off if I set it to the one they dislike every ascension.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I really like this script (and the fact that you maintain it so nicely). But why does it always pull all my bricks? I don't need those for my runs.

I like it when newLife pulls my bricks. It never hurts to have a brick handy.

Unless it's being thrown at you. That actually hurts a great deal.

Bale

Minion
I really like this script (and the fact that you maintain it so nicely). But why does it always pull all my bricks? I don't need those for my runs.

Because my clan is Hardcore Nation. That's an answer, but it wouldn't really make sense unless you were also in HCN.

I hope it doesn't trouble you. I'm glad there are people like bigevildan who are glad to always have a brick handy. :)

Bale

Minion
newLife now fully supports Actually Ed the Undying. It will even learn all Ed's skills if you've got 21 skill points.

Lxndr

So I've been relying on NewLife to smash my hippie stone pretty much ASAP.

Since Ed only can smash his stone, not at the beginning of a run, but instead when he goes into the underworld, I'm missing out on a lot of PvP goodness. Is there a simple way to set something up so that my stone (or shrine, whatever) is smashed as soon as I enter the underworld?

Bale

Minion
Since Ed only can smash his stone, not at the beginning of a run, but instead when he goes into the underworld, I'm missing out on a lot of PvP goodness. Is there a simple way to set something up so that my stone (or shrine, whatever) is smashed as soon as I enter the underworld?

Yes. There is a way, but newLife cannot do it. Create a script in your /relay directory called place.edunder.ash and put a line into it that will smash your hippy stone if it is not smashed. The program will look something like this:

Code:
void main() {
   if(!hippy_stone_broken()) {
      visit_url("place.php?whichplace=edunder&action=edunder_hippy");
      run_choice(1);
   }
}

The name of the script is absolutely key: place.edunder.ash

Last edited:

Magus_Prime

Since you asked for feedback in the SVN comments: For the start of a run, especially a low skill run, it might be better to default to main stat for the Ed headgear.

Bale

Minion
Ooooh! Someone reads the commit log! Thank you for your feedback; you are on my "like" list.

PsyMar

I have a small request that will probably not affect very many people -- but could you change the script to not buy a detuned radio as a knoll sign in a BIG! run? I really don't need it and I'm always short on funds towards the start of a run.

Bale

Minion
Seems a reasonable request. You can always buy the detuned radio later when you have the meat and fight the bosses then.