Slime Tube Adventuring Script

Heffed

I'm not sure it is worth the effort to do that, I never needed more than one adventure to get my equipment slimed. To do so, I'd either have to turn to manually parsing combats, or to keeping track of what is equipped at all times.

Is this really something you find extremely important?

Considering that the whole way you fight a battle is different when you're sliming an object, it would seem really weird to incorporate that into this script. Are you just randomly hoping that an item gets slimed, but not really trying to slime it on purpose? Weird.

Hmmm... Perhaps I have a fundamental misunderstanding of how object sliming works.

I read this from the thekolwiki regarding the engulfed mechanic:
Each time the uvula is tickled, one of the following slime-covered items can be created. To get the slime-covered item, you must be wearing the corresponding rusty item. Each time you are attacked by a Slime Monster during combat, there is a chance you will see a special combat message where one of your equipped rusty items is removed. The one removed is randomly determined if you are wearing more than one. Upon defeating the slime, you will receive the slime-covered version of that item. All slime-covered items can be smithed with a caustic slime nodule to gain an improved item.

This lead me to believe that it was in fact a random occurrence. As such, I've never actually manually adventured in the tube when trying to slime an item. I merely put it on and wait until it gets removed.

I'm just going to assume from these two responses that there is some crucial battle text I've been missing by not manually adventuring after tickling the uvula? If so, curse you wiki! :mad:

Spiny

This lead me to believe that it was in fact a random occurrence. As such, I've never actually manually adventured in the tube when trying to slime an item. I merely put it on and wait until it gets removed.

I'm just going to assume from these two responses that there is some crucial battle text I've been missing by not manually adventuring after tickling the uvula? If so, curse you wiki! :mad:

Tickle, then stasis till your item has been loogied and removed, then kill to end the fight and get your slimed up gear back. Should take only one turn to accomplish this... unless someone else is in your slime tube using up your tickle for themself. So yes, there is a chance you'll see the message if you simply 1-hit kill, but if you stasis... and can survive the process, you should be fine.

Heffed

Tickle, then stasis till your item has been loogied and removed, then kill to end the fight and get your slimed up gear back. Should take only one turn to accomplish this... unless someone else is in your slime tube using up your tickle for themself. So yes, there is a chance you'll see the message if you simply 1-hit kill, but if you stasis... and can survive the process, you should be fine.

Leave it to me to screw this up... :(

I was trying to slime a second baneful bandolier. A clannie tickled the uvula for me and I entered battle with a slime wearing a rusty chain necklace. I used a dictionary for stasis until I saw the message that my item had been loogied and it was unequipped. Hoping to save a turn, I CLEESHed the slime and killed the resulting amphibian.

I was surprised that KoLmafia didn't show a bandolier as being creatable. No problem, it's probably just not aware the slime-covered necklace was added to inventory. -Refresh- Still nothing... :confused:

No problem, I'll just do it in the relay browser. Hmmm... No slime-covered necklace in the creation drop down. Search my inventory. Nothing.

OK, maybe CLEESH interfered because the game doesn't think I killed the slime. No problem, I'll try that again.

PROBLEM! :eek:

I no longer have a rusty chain necklace in my inventory anymore! It's gone. :mad: No slime-covered necklace or rusty chain necklace!

So I'm extremely bummed because I only had two Yossarian rewards that I could zap.

I've submitted a bug report and hopefully I'll get my necklace back, but whatever you do, don't CLEESH the slime that loogies your item!

Spiny

Umm, I don't think that's a bug. CLEESH is an escape, you are essentially making the monster you're fighting go away and a new weak monster shows up in his place. If you lose the fight to the slime that has your rusty item or cleesh, i think it's the same thing and you lose the item. I did say you had to kill the slime. Sorry that happened though. You can possibly zap a sawblade shield or wrench bracelet into the rusty chain necklace if you have either of those sitting around.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
All that was in the wiki, just not in great detail. Perhaps someone could expound upon the process if they really see the need, but you need to pay attention. It said, "Upon defeating the slime, you will receive the slime-covered version of that item." You've just discovered that if you don't defeat a slime you will not receive it.

Heffed

You can possibly zap a sawblade shield or wrench bracelet into the rusty chain necklace if you have either of those sitting around.

I had one of each. I zapped them. Now I have nothing.

"Upon defeating the slime, you will receive the slime-covered version of that item."

Yes, I understand that now.

I still think it's a bug. The game shouldn't just eat something that you only get once per ascension.

Spiny

I had one of each. I zapped them. Now I have nothing.

Yeah, I missed that part in your prior post, sorry.

Yes, I understand that now.

I still think it's a bug. The game shouldn't just eat something that you only get once per ascension.

I think it sucks, but it's not a bug. If it were a bug, so would be: the Shadow knocking away my facsimile dictionary (which I planned to pull to sell that day when I ascended). I read the wiki, I knew what would happen, I just spaced it and did it anyway. Not a bug and no one but myself to blame.

It's also not a bug that the black cat can swat away an ultra-rare that you can't even predict when your next chance, if ever, may be again. At least you have some control over getting the rusty chain necklace again. No, you don't have to like it, and it may be inconvenient even, but it's not impossible.

Bale

Minion
Posting just to mark agreement with Spiny. Don't use your toy mercenary against the Bonerdagon and don't cleesh a slime after getting loogied. Play smart.

BTW, I just got a new violin that is supposed to be the smallest in the entire world.

Jef

Huh, that's weird. I tried doing a larva run just now, with the exact same slime.ash version and mafia version as the last time. The script tried to purchase a detuned radio, even though I already have one. The purchase failed (since I'm only allowed one), and the script aborted. Tried this twice, same problem.

Bale

Minion
Do people need to post about this in every single blinking thread on this entire forum? And in several thread on the KoL forum also?

If KoL has an announcement about inventory working differently and suddenly things stop working, does it take brilliance to deduce that the two things might possibly be connected? Could you just reading one or two of the threads that were created today to complain about this shit instead of solipsistically assuming you're the only one who might possibly have a problem?

Sorry, just feeling irritated by it all and felt the need to vent.

Jef

Thanks, Alhifar. I'll wait for the next official release.

Bale, kiss my black ass.

<Verified by Asturia>

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using this script a lot lately.. but sometimes I'm using it to hunt for other
things (like medium slimy cysts, or small slimy cysts). One feature I would like to
see is an optional user customizable MCD level. Right now it automatically chooses
10 or 11. I would like to set mine to 0, because with my maxml outfit and Ur-Kel's
I had something like 330 ML, and really I wanted to get as close to 301 as possible.

I know this is easy for me to change myself, but I thought it warranted a change that
I wouldn't have to keep re-fixing every time I update the script.

Cheers for the script! (very useful)

Last edited:

Alhifar

I'm slightly worried about adding any more options, as it is, there are a lot of options to set, and people get confused.

Would anybody else make use of this feature?

raorn

I would like to see O.A.F. support.

http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/O.A.F.

"At the beginning of every combat, the O.A.F. will remove all increased Monster Level. The only exception is +ML provided by the three Mind-Control Devices."

"The debuffing function only removes buffs that can be shrugged off, so you can't use this to remove Goofball Withdrawal, for example."

And in this case O.A.F. may force you to attack with weapon, so minml outfit should do as few damage as possible.

kain

I routinely use an OAF on no-bundle nodule runs. For a slimeling run, though, I don't think that's a very good idea.

Alhifar

I'm honestly not sure how any support could be added for using the OAF. Is there something done differently when using an OAF?