Slime Tube Adventuring Script

Alhifar

Use the min_ and max_ml_ccs settings to set individual ccs's for min and max ml. For example, set up a ccs to simply cleesh then attack for minml, and just to attack for maxml.

MHoP

Thanks Alhifar, that looks easy enough. I have played with .ccs a little but I haven't done anything with .ash yet.

lightwolf

Great script. Found a bug though.

I have tattered set to false.

When it attempts to use my navel ring for free runaways it sets my default combat option to "try to run away".

It never sets it back to attack though, so it switches me to maxml and does all the rest of the turns of the script with running away from every single fight. It would need to set it back to your previous attack option when it goes into the maxml mode again.

Mandrayk

mmm, I went to run the script today, and it said a newer version was up.

so I updated my newer version, clicked run and i get this message....

Unknown variable 'else' (slimetube.ash, line 358)

Jef

You ended up with a discrepancy between the versions in slime.ash and slime_ver.txt. I'm about to do a larva run so I guess I'll just ignore the warning message.

lightwolf

Okay, should be fixed. Still, however, not tested.

Oh, wow. Quick turn around! Thanks. It seems to work fine now.

I was thinking about a few 'advanced' features that may be useful or that I might try to hack in locally anyway. Considering this script can be used for either power leveling, gear only caustic/skill runs, or buffed/slimeling runs.

1. As someone mentioned before, clesh config option to save on run away items at the expense of turn.

2. Ur-Kel's Juggling option (If user has the skill permed). Considering you can have a negative ML minml suit to get 11 turns of slime for unbuffed caustic/skill runs; shrugging Ur-Kel's during minml turns, and recast it once when switching to max-ml. Would save turns from the extra ml, and the extra round of slimed effect (if not using runaways).

3. Bag of tricks support. If one has the bag equipped in their minml suit, they can cast spells during that round (whether or not they intend to run away from the monster.) and then use it when it has the proper charge for the ml buff (three times a day).

This is probably the most convoluted and least necessary addition though (Right before using memory of an AT base pair). Just simply a source of extra ml that would interrupt normal auto adventure/scripting.

Alhifar

1) Already can do that with the possibility of using 2 ccs's. That's exactly what I did on all my double nodule runs I did.

2) It already does that by default, though only if it will add a turn of Coated in Slime.

3) Eh. I don't own a Bag o' Tricks and have no plans to purchase one at the moment, and I'm honestly not positive how it works. If someone writes up the code, I'll add it in. Otherwise... probably honestly not going to happen any time soon, unless there is an overwhelming number of people who actually want the feature.

lightwolf

1) Already can do that with the possibility of using 2 ccs's. That's exactly what I did on all my double nodule runs I did.

2) It already does that by default, though only if it will add a turn of Coated in Slime.

I obviously need to pay more attention then. Heh.

Bag-o-tricks is probably better handled in ccs now that you mention it, given how it works. I'm not even sure mafia keeps track of its charges yet.

Did I mention your script was awesome lately?

Jef

I ran into two problems in last night's larva run.

First, I set my minml familiar to the bandersnatch to try out the Ode runaways. It looked like it was working but then I noticed two losses in the dungeon log. I haven't looked at the mafia log in detail but I'm guessing the script tried for an Ode runaway and got a regular runaway. I switched back to levitating potato and didn't have any more defeats.

Second, there were a few instances where the script tried and failed to re-apply Ur-Kel's due to already having three songs active, one of which was Ode. Once I noticed this I shrugged another song, but by then I had already done a bunch of turns without Ur-Kel's 60ML, so I applied some extra ML effects to make up for it.

I did get the larva in the end.

Alhifar

Hm. I seem to have removed the line that shrugs Ode. Before I add it back in, I want to try to figure out if I had a reason for removing it. If not, I'll add it back in tonight.

Jef

Well, one reason for not shrugging Ode is to save the 50MP for recasting it on the next runaway. That is pretty trivial though.

Alhifar

I updated the script to shrug ode again, but only if you have the skill, or are out of snatch runaways. That way, people who haven't permed ode can still use their snatch for free runaways, and everyone else can use that slot for Aria.

zesty

I have no idea what has been changed in the script or with my setup but since the latest version every time I try to use this script I get a message telling me, "Reset your battle action to something sane!"

FYI, Here are my outfits and familiars being used, also I am using Shieldbutt to attack and green smoke bombs to run away.

minml
stainless steel skullcap
haiku katana
pilgrim shield
sea salt scrubs
stainless steel slacks
ring of conflict
V for Vivala mask
navel ring of navel gazing

maxml
Brimstone Beret
Brimstone Bludgeon
Brimstone Bunker
sea salt scrubs
Brimstone Boxers
Brimstone Bracelet
Brimstone Brooch
stainless steel scarf

Please help! I feel like there is something obvious that I am missing.

Edit: Appears I have found the culprit, First Things First!

Last edited:

Heffed

Any way for this script to recognize that an item was slimed and removed, then abort?

Adventuring with KoLmafia will halt when this happens, but adventuring with this script just keeps on going.

Alhifar

I'm not sure it is worth the effort to do that, I never needed more than one adventure to get my equipment slimed. To do so, I'd either have to turn to manually parsing combats, or to keeping track of what is equipped at all times.

Is this really something you find extremely important?

Bale

Minion
Considering that the whole way you fight a battle is different when you're sliming an object, it would seem really weird to incorporate that into this script. Are you just randomly hoping that an item gets slimed, but not really trying to slime it on purpose? Weird.

Melthar

One thing that would be nifty is support for Noodles in the script's survival calculations.

I have my maxml CCS set to noodles, then spam Weapon of the Pastalord, but if I leave the script running it chamois/heals up when I have 6 turns of slime remaining,as far as I can tell, this is because it calculates I will die to the attacks I take after the slime, but with (bandered noodles), those attacks never come.

As a work around for the moment, I've set the fumble rounds to a negative number, and that seems to do the trick nicely.