Slime Tube Adventuring Script

Arashmin

It does seem to skip it in the script, though there's two issues there: One, that long, unsightly hang while it seems to try and modify the MCD settings (and then stops, or fails to, or what-have-you), and two, what if I also didn't want it turned off on other signs? When I'm not trying to optimize my turns there, I use the O.A.F., and as long as I don't have 100 ambient ML from the squeezes, even the 11 ML from the MCD won't put me to the next tier, and thus spares a turn of Coated, while allowing me to "maximize" the ambient ML to get the most out of thwacking the slime.

Pazleysox

Unknown variable 'slime' (slime.ash, line 441)

I get that error when I try to load the script from mafia, but I can load the script just fine from the relay browser.

The script also crashes when I get the non-combat "Engulfed".

-Paz

Winterbay

Define what you mean by crashes? What does the CLI output say?

Also, that error doesn't make sense. There is no variable in the script in the first post of this thread called slime, there is in fact nothing called slime (apart form the monsters).

Arashmin

So - and I'm not too sure why - the script decided to let me get beaten up a lot on this recent slimeling attempt, and I changed nothing in regards to healing or the outfit used to get covered in slime. I don't know what caused it, but the traditional remedy of "blow up mafia, re-initialize it" seemed to work.

And it seems there is another error I was getting before I deleted that was causing some issues, too. It would randomly say "Change your combat script to something sane!" or something in that regards, while I was just using tatter/attack with weapon.

Think you could implement it to have an optional "Stop adventuring and warn if getting beaten up" clause in the script?

I r dumbass. I set up this script with appropriate minml and maxml outfits... forgetting that you can't shieldbutt without a shield. Tried to run the script, and KoLmafia understandably said "You're on your own, pardner." D'oh!

Pazleysox

Define what you mean by crashes? What does the CLI output say?

[17395] The Slime Tube
Encounter: Engulfed!

Requests complete.

battleAction => attack with weapon
Putting on slime2...
It appears you're already wearing all the parts of the outfit "slime2" which you possess or can wear.

this happens to me quite often...

Alhifar

That means that for whatever reason, you weren't able to equip all the pieces of your slime2 outfit. I just don't understand why you would stop being able to equip something on the middle of the script running.

Winterbay

Possibly the item got eaten by a slime? Even though that would've to have been in a round before the Engulfed one...

slyz

Developer
Maybe the script tries to change the outfit while you are still in the Engulfed choiceadv, for some reason. I guess your Mafia setting for Engulfed is not "manual", maybe lag ate the script's attempt to choose an option?

Pazleysox

It seems that it's an issue with mafia. I've had this issue in the past, where I'm wearing an outfit, and mafia tries to equip the same outfit but won't, because the full outfit is already equipped.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You've "had this issue in the past" ... and you filed a bug report with a reproducible sequence of steps demonstrating the problem, right? No?

Well, come up with a way for us to reproduce it, file a bug report, and we will look at it.

Pazleysox

You've "had this issue in the past" ... and you filed a bug report with a reproducible sequence of steps demonstrating the problem, right? No?

Well, come up with a way for us to reproduce it, file a bug report, and we will look at it.

I'll have to write a script that crashes with the error that i'm having...

Pazleysox

It appears that mafia did not like my outfit name "Slime2". I renamed the outfit to somthing else, and it works just fine now. I tried using the outfit on a multi, and it worked fine....

Every time I had on "Slime2", I could not re-equip the outfit. I could equip any other outfit over and over though.

stannius

Not sure if this has been mentioned on one of the 53 previous pages, but the script doesn't handle negative ML quite right. If you have net -ML (and you're not using the OAF) it will set the MCD but won't shrug ur-kel's.

A quick and dirty fix could be something like
Code:
			int extra_ml = ( bladders * 20 + numeric_modifier( "Monster Level" ) + 500) % 100;

WoolyImbibe

I recently downloaded the newest script version (and updated zlib), but am getting the error

Cannot apply operator = to extra_ml (int) and ! in_bad_moon() (boolean) (relay_slime.ash, line 460)

when trying to run the script from the relay browser. I'm not in Bad Moon (and in_bad_moon returns false). I've tried builds from 9308 to 9313. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it. (And thanks again for the great script, it's made my slime tube runs much more bearable!)

Theraze

Believe that this is the line causing problems:
Code:
   case extra_ml <= !in_bad_moon() && current_mcd() + numeric_modifier( "ur-kel's aria of annoyance" , "Monster Level" ) && have_skill( $skill[Ur-Kel's Aria of Annoyance] ):
and the fix is to put the bad moon check at the front, like so:
Code:
   case !in_bad_moon() && extra_ml <= current_mcd() + numeric_modifier( "ur-kel's aria of annoyance" , "Monster Level" ) && have_skill( $skill[Ur-Kel's Aria of Annoyance] ):